PDA

View Full Version : Orange as drops

MetemNight
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Just curious, has this ever actually happened? Anyone get an orange as a drop? I'm curious if there's even a particular reason to farm a specific mob. As it is I just kind of farm everything. O_o

HuntGod
05-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Not I, never gotten anything higher than blue as a drop actually. If I've gotten a purple they have been as rewards or in lock boxes.

NIKOLA
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
never seen a drop

Pyth
05-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I've seen people post a couple of times that they've gotten oranges as drops or as arkfall rewards here on the forums.

I don't believe it though. Not because I've personally never seen it, but because people tend to be compulsive liars.

Thedjectivenoun
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I've seen people post a couple of times that they've gotten oranges as drops or as arkfall rewards here on the forums.

I don't believe it though. Not because I've personally never seen it, but because people tend to be compulsive liars.

My good sir, people do not lie. They just bend the truth to fit their own ends.

dokukaeru
05-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I have received an orange bolt action sniper from some place OTHER THAN. A lock box. My assupmtion is it was a random drop because I don't always pay attention when picking up dropped loot. I know it wasn't a lock box because I pay attention to what items appear on screen. This sniper appeared in my inventory.

ralisti
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM

They can drop from arkfalls. They are just super rare. I got an orange grenade from an Arkfall (was top damage, if that matters)

Pyth
05-08-2013, 09:44 AM
They can drop from arkfalls. They are just super rare. I got an orange grenade from an Arkfall (was top damage, if that matters)
Do you have proof of that?

CaptainRaj
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM

I've been top damage on at least 20 ark falls and haven't had any Oranges. I've also opened a shed load of lock boxes and only found two oranges so far.

I was chatting to a guy last night. EGO was nearly 1000 (I'm nearly 2000 and another guy in the area was just below my EGO level). He had 32 Orange weapons. I'm not lying or exaggerating. Both me and the other guy in the area had a look at his goods on a trade invite. THIRTY TWO. That's 32. Thirty bloomin' two.

Facade
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Not I, never gotten anything higher than blue as a drop actually. If I've gotten a purple they have been as rewards or in lock boxes.

Pretty much this.

I'm currently lvl 1500 and have honestly seen maybe a max of 10 (and I don't even think it's that high) of blues drop since I've started playing.

ralisti
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Do you have proof of that?

The only proof is the orange grenade. I did not get any images of the loot screen as it popped by. Trust me, I was shocked when it happened.

Ninno20
05-08-2013, 10:38 AM
The big blue minigunners / grenaders used to drop them before the patch, iv never had one, but a guy i was farming keys with got one. Never seen / hear'd of one dropping since the patch.

Hear'd arkfalls still do though.

OldGuyWithStick
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM

This for me as well

ironhands
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I would assume it's possible, just really, really rare. Maybe people just aren't reporting them in the forums.

Santana Ortega
05-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I got an Orange Infector as a drop from a starter zone Arkfall when I was maybe Ego 100+-. Too bad because it is low level and would have been nice to have a better version.

crasher
05-08-2013, 11:16 AM
I've read the description of 'SAW' in purple text on a drop before picking it up only to find it was a green wolfhound pistol, or somesuch.

I've also gotten exactly what the description said. I've gotten purples but no orange.

The only orange I'd use is something better than what I have now on purpose.

I've never had the smurf minigunners drop me anything but ammo.