PDA

View Full Version : synergy

Shadowgate203
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Can you have 4 mod spots and 2 different pairs of synergy granting 2 level 2 bonuses?

hiddnen
05-08-2013, 09:49 AM
to my knowledge the gun mods have to match the synergy of the gun to even activate any of the tiers available otherwise its just a normal gun mod

Bludwyng
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Correct, that is how I read it too. So, some Synergies require 2 mods of the same Synergy to get a small effect, while certain other Synergies have 4 bonuses and you get the first one with the first mod. They all have to have the same Synergy so no mixing 2 single-effect Synergies to get a hybrid bonus.

http://www.zam.com/wiki/Synergy_(Defiance)

Zabuza
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Correct, that is how I read it too. So, some Synergies require 2 mods of the same Synergy to get a small effect, while certain other Synergies have 4 bonuses and you get the first one with the first mod.

The synergies with (2) require 2 guns equipped of the same synergy (Notice how there are no machinist, veteran, survivalist, or outlaw mods.)

The synergies with (4) you have right. Requires mods of the same synergy as the gun to activate each individual ability.

Pesico
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
The ones with only a [2] requires ou to have to guns of the same synergy equipped. For example Veteran. You won't find mods with that synergy. The ones with 4 different synergy bonuses, requires you to have a matching number of matching synergy.

Bludwyng
05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
The synergies with (2) require 2 guns equipped of the same synergy (Notice how there are no machinist, veteran, survivalist, or outlaw mods.)

The synergies with (4) you have right. Requires mods of the same synergy as the gun to activate each individual ability.

AHA!! So my original assumption anout Weapon Synergy and Mod Synergy was not far off the mark. They are separate! and if you have 2 guns, both with the same synergy, and both are fully modded out you COULD get 5 bonuses? 2 from Weapon Synergy and 4 from Mod Synergy?

Zabuza
05-08-2013, 01:05 PM
No, because no gun is going to have two synergies. You need 2 veteran/machinist/survivalist(2) guns for veteran/machinist/survivalist(2) ability.

You need a scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) gun with scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) mods to get the scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) abilities

Bludwyng
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
No, because no gun is going to have two synergies. You need 2 veteran/machinist/survivalist(2) guns for veteran/machinist/survivalist(2) ability.

You need a scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) gun with scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) mods to get the scavenger/assassin/canonneer(1-4) abilities

Gotcha. here is a question... That hypothetical weapon with Scavenger on it lists 4 unlocks. If you have 2 weapons with Scavenger and, either 4 mods on one or 2 on each, do you unlock the bonuses? If you have 4 mods on each are all the bonuses cumulative?

More, if you have a Synergy with 4 bonuses on both weapons and mods, do you unlock #2 with the 2 weapons AND 3&4 with 2 mods? Or, are Synergies listing 4 for mods only and Synergies listing 2 for weapons only?

Zabuza
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
(1-4)'s only effected by mod slots.

(2)'s only effected by Primary/Secondary weapon slots.

So if I understand right. Hypothetically, you have 2 scavenger guns. Each with 2 scavenger mods in each gun. Giving you +2% loot drop bonus. It will not give you +4%, because you cannot use both guns simultaneously (unless there is an awesome bug I'm missing out on). Each gun will just have a +2% loot drop while using it.

Bludwyng
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
(1-4)'s only effected by mod slots.

(2)'s only effected by Primary/Secondary weapon slots.

So if I understand right. Hypothetically, you have 2 scavenger guns. Each with 2 scavenger mods in each gun. Giving you +2% loot drop bonus. It will not give you +4%, because you cannot use both guns simultaneously (unless there is an awesome bug I'm missing out on). Each gun will just have a +2% loot drop while using it.

Thank you, you have been very helpful.