PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh what the Jek...

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
The servers just went down without any notices at all... They weren't supposed to go down for another couple of hours yet. Just lost a legendary I JUST bought... *Le Sigh*

Myst
05-08-2013, 09:50 AM
/hugs/

/10necessaryhugs

Amnesia
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
The servers just went down without any notices at all...Both the twitter feed and the server status forum said that the servers would go down at 9AM PT (noon ET).

Anderson
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I was on my second playthrough: Nim fight round 3. He was down to just a few HP. :(

Randomchaos
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Both the twitter feed and the server status forum said that the servers would go down at 9AM PT (noon ET).

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

On a side note, most MMOs come up in chat with like a 15 minute warning, followed by more warnings. Gotta fix the chat system first before that would be useful though...

Example:
"Server shutdown in 15:00 minutes"
2 seconds later poof! message gone, completely unnoticed as you blast away at hellbugs.

Iceberg
05-08-2013, 09:56 AM
The problem with the forum post on the server status is they have the EU sever for 6pm at the top, and the NA for 9am on the bottom, easy to miss.

Jules
05-08-2013, 09:57 AM
The servers just went down without any notices at all... They weren't supposed to go down for another couple of hours yet. Just lost a legendary I JUST bought... *Le Sigh*

There was a in game message that warned me of the time... which was the correct time.... but usually it gives you a warning...

Anderson
05-08-2013, 09:57 AM

On a side note, most MMOs come up in chat with like a 15 minute warning, followed by more warnings. Gotta fix the chat system first before that would be useful though...

Example:
2 seconds later poof! message gone, completely unnoticed as you blast away at hellbugs.

They usually have a message for it at the top of the screen that is real hard to ignore and gives multiple warnings. There was none of that this time.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Both the twitter feed and the server status forum said that the servers would go down at 9AM PT (noon ET). I read 6pm 4 times.

Server Update:
Date: May 8th, 2013
Time: 6:00PM PT (1AM GMT, 3AM Paris)
Duration: 1 hour

Randomchaos
05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
They usually have a message for it at the top of the screen that is real hard to ignore and gives multiple warnings. There was none of that this time.

I've never seen that message in the 4 server maintenance's I have gotten booted for...

So it sounds like this..

"hey, did you guys start the message?"
"nope, you didn't tell us to"
"crap, ok, well its time for my to push the button, should be ok right?"
"yea, they are used to it now"
(insert deathstar powering up sound)

Randomchaos
05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
P.S. the server appears to be back up now :)

HackSawz
05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
We need some in-game notification. Not everyone visits the forums, twitter, etc. to see if a game is playable or not. Most people log on when they want to play. This is too many outages during prime time. They need to establish a regular non-prime time outage window for patches and updates and redefine what they consider to be an emergency outage. I have tried to play at least four times in the last week+ and the servers have been down, usually for more than the window that was advertised elsewhere. They are promising too much and delivering too little. Take a 2-3 hour server outage once a week in the off times for NA and EU and plan accordingly. Just a thought...

Myst
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
There actually was a system message last night before I turned in that stated the servers were going to go down in x amount of minutes.

Soobydoo
05-08-2013, 10:11 AM
I read 6pm 4 times.

Server Update:
Date: May 8th, 2013
Time: 6:00PM PT (1AM GMT, 3AM Paris)
Duration: 1 hour

I was about to post to ask for clarification on time. It is really confusing.

Sorry to hear about your weapon. Maybe live chat can hook you up with a lockbox at least? Not sure if they replace weapons...

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
How can this make you lose a legendary?

Just open a GM ticket and they'll restore the item for you anyway.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
How can this make you lose a legendary?

Just open a GM ticket and they'll restore the item for you anyway.No, they won't. They can't restore specific items. Nor can they give you back your lost resources. A legendary, 90k scrip, and damn near 100k in salvage gone. Just like that. I was in the middle of modding my weapon when the servers pooped out... This hurts almost as much as when I lost my white Challenger. My interest in this game is really starting to wain Trion.

crasher
05-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Example:

I'd like to be able to read a log of the previous 24 hours of msgs just to see all the stuff that whizzed by whilest I was engaged.

I'd also like to see a log of 'You were rez'd by: xxxxx', too.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Have you tried though? All MMO's I've played have returned lost items, even if it was my fault... Just give it a try.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Have you tried though? All MMO's I've played have returned lost items, even if it was my fault... Just give it a try. Trust me, I am the master of submitting tickets. They will only give you one random purple item, or a T2 lockbox.

N3gativeCr33p
05-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Have you tried though? All MMO's I've played have returned lost items, even if it was my fault... Just give it a try.

I was going to say the same thing.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
I was going to say the same thing.
Yeah, that's a no go. I've lost, I think roughly 27 or so items so far, a white Challenger, and even a character. They were only able to help me with the Challenger after two weeks, and two different T3 support agents.

N3gativeCr33p
05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that's a no go. I've lost, I think roughly 27 or so items so far, a white Challenger, and even a character. They were only able to help me with the Challenger after two weeks, and two different T3 support agents.

Yeah, definitely no bueno. Sorry to hear about that.

Anderson
05-08-2013, 12:17 PM
That's horrific luck you have. I've never had anything that remotely bad happen to me. Sorry to hear it.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
That's horrific luck you have. I've never had anything that remotely bad happen to me. Sorry to hear it.

Yeah... I enjoy the game for what it is. But this has honestly been the buggiest/worst running game I have ever been a part of, and I've been a part of some pretty dodgy titles before. This one in-dev indie title I was testing for, even had the chance of burning out your hard drive if the game were to crash.