PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Update for Vehicle Prices and Weapon Mod Slots? Hard Freezes?

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 11:20 AM
So apparently no one at Trion felt the need to tell us in the patch notes or with an announcement that suddenly with the new update, all vehicle prices have become heavily inflated. By inflated, I mean that a normal price for a Duni Shetaru was in the ballpark of around 15k Scrip, for a Growler it was around 10k, and for a Hannibal between 10-15K. Now, the prices are double that, With Dunis going for 29k, Growlers and Hannibals going for 15-20k. What gives? I understand that many people have been stockpiling scrip and have an over abundance, and there should be scrip dumps, but not everyone has a small fortune amassed to purchase vehicles, especially when considering the cost of upgrading weapons, and vendor weapon prices. A little heads up or at the very least, explanation for this change would have been nice. Or, instead of raising the prices for vehicles that are already in-game, MAKE DIFFERENT VEHICLES THAT HAVE DIFFERENT MODELS for higher prices.

Speaking of weapons, what gives with removing mod slots for vendor weapons? In the past, I could purchase an LMG or Assault Rifle with most if not all mod slots unlocked and just slap in a few white mods to get al ittle boost, max out the XP on the weapon, and throw it away. With the arbitrary and inconsequential system for weapon leveling, doing this was the most efficient way to continue leveling a weapon skill. Now, I have to spend in excess of 100k salvage just to hopefully get a useful mod slot unlocked on a GREEN weapon, and if it happens to be a scope mod slot, well there goes wasted resources because the scopes make weapons worse than stock, which is Trions fault, not ours. Why should we be punished for that? Why do most if not all Tier 4 Lockbox weapons have none or one mod slot unlocked, when formerly they had most or all slots unlocked? If someone goes through the trouble of grinding out Key Codes or buys them with Bits, shouldn't those RNG weapons have a higher chance to have all mod slots unlocked? It's not as if it's easy to get decent mods to begin with, and with the removal of Key Code gain from Emergencies, those are pointless as well.

I'm grateful that Trion decided to bring back Freight Yard, but now every other match results in a client crash straight to desktop, or a hard freeze of my entire system which results in a manual restart. Hard freezes can eventually cause system problems and damage, as I'm sure everyone is quite aware of. Why is it so difficult to figure these things out? Is there absolutely zero internal testing or Q&A going on? I know that's a stupid question considering the state of the game currently.

Why is Trion so focused on minor fixes that plague a minority of players when there are much larger issues that should be prioritized and addressed, such as the broken Clan invitations, useless chat system, shoddy VOIP, broken phasing for co-operative open world play, zero damage bug on Cluster grenades, double reload bug on EGO power, or the terrible console User Interface that requires exiting the menu just to equip the same item on multiple load-outs. This goes without mentioning the myriad of Pursuit and Contract bugs that prevent completions.

I've defended this game to the point of sounding like a fan-boy, but it's getting to be too much. I enjoy much of the game-play, and it is a game my wife and I enjoy playing together (when we can actually join the same damn phase without it bugging out). If I didn't care whether the game was successful or not, I would not be so passionate or frustrated about the situation. I WANT the game to succeed. I WANT more people to join the community and be part of the experience. Trion is hemorrhaging players and it's because of bugs like the above that have been present since the BETA. We've been patient. We've bitten our tongues for the most part, but people are getting fed up with the way things are being handled. By the time these issues are resolved, it may be too late. Presentation is everything.

bigguy
05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
i agree with everything said i love this game and i am worried that it is going in garbage can fast i even heard that gamestop is telling people not to buy this game

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
i agree with everything said i love this game and i am worried that it is going in garbage can fast i even heard that gamestop is telling people not to buy this game

My local Gamestop has made it a point to tell everyone how bad this game is and take the opportunity to sell COD DLC, WoW Timecards, and SOE Cash Cards for DCUO.

TravelerX1
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I noticed the mod slot change yesterday and was rather disappointed by it. Bad move IMHO. Though I think they seem to be spawning with more/better "secondary powers" from what I have seen. Not sure if that is a good trade off. Didn't notice the vehicles, I only buy them when I can find the 500 script special offers at the hidden vendors and such. Just got a green/white not-growler (The other one) yesterday. Anything more then 500 script is a waste for a color change on a vehicle.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 11:49 AM
I noticed the mod slot change yesterday and was rather disappointed by it. Bad move IMHO. Though I think they seem to be spawning with more/better "secondary powers" from what I have seen. Not sure if that is a good trade off. Didn't notice the vehicles, I only buy them when I can find the 500 script special offers at the hidden vendors and such. Just got a green/white not-growler (The other one) yesterday. Anything more then 500 script is a waste for a color change on a vehicle.

Yeah kiss those 500 Scrip vendor special vehicle deals goodbye. The cheapest special I saw was for a pink Hannibal 800r that was Pink. Cost 5.5K on sale.

Edit: Actually I think it may have been more like 10.5k, I didn't screenshot it, but I'm sitting on 80k and remember thinking that it was exuberant so there is that.

Ryme
05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
This reminds me of what happened to drop rates and repair costs in Diablo 3, shortly after the Real Currency Auction House went online. Did Trion get bought out by EA or Activision without our knowing?

Blak
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
After reading half way down your post I realized one thing. "You are doing it all wrong"

I honestly don't have the energy to reply with a full detailed post... but you are doing several things wrong.... and that is why you are broke.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
After reading half way down your post I realized one thing. "You are doing it all wrong"

I honestly don't have the energy to reply with a full detailed post... but you are doing several things wrong.... and that is why you are broke.

If you don't have the time to reply with a valid argument, and all you have is the tired out Trollish expression "You're doing it wrong", don't bother responding at all.

I didn't say anything with regards to my spending habits, nor did I ask for advice on how to make more money from an apparently self-qualified game currency elitist.

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
Rami Belson

Why does this quote keep finding so much relevance on these forums?

Merrin Nightbringer
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
Rami Belson

Why does this quote keep finding so much relevance on these forums?

Because this is the Internet in 2013. Wait, scratch that. Because this is society in 2013.

Cavadus
05-08-2013, 12:20 PM
No idea what EGO rating y'all are, though I see 1750 in TravelerX1's sig, but if you recently popped 1600 you hit the next tier of weaponry which grants larger innate bonuses and mastery bonuses.

Unfortunately, when you pop into this new tier all of your mod slots drop off and you regain them by increasing your EGO rating just as you did when you started the game and had to work up to four mod slots.

Also, when you pop into this tier the nano effects fall off too but they will return over time as your EGO progresses as well. It's also sometimes a vendor glitch and a server restart might add the nano effects back. I've had that happen to me a few times in the past.

So this has nothing to do with the patch but rather some under-the-hood mechanics that nothing or no one bothered to explain to you.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Because this is the Internet in 2013. Wait, scratch that. Because this is society in 2013.

I know. I weep for our children's children and the *****hat-ery that will inevitably consume the world.

Back on topic:

Really, I wouldn't be quite so put off by all of this if there were better communication by the Devs here on the Official Forums. I understand they have Twitter feeds and all, but come on. Twitter is evil incarnate. We could all use a little more Dev. face time and a little less popcorn nerfs and updates.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 12:28 PM
No idea what EGO rating y'all are, though I see 1750 in TravelerX1's sig, but if you recently popped 1600 you hit the next tier of weaponry which grants larger innate bonuses and mastery bonuses.

Unfortunately, when you pop into this new tier all of your mod slots drop off and you regain them by increasing your EGO rating just as you did when you started the game and had to work up to four mod slots.

Also, when you pop into this tier the nano effects fall off too but they will return over time as your EGO progresses as well.

So this has nothing to do with the patch but rather some under-the-hood mechanics that nothing or no one bothered to explain to you.

That's an interesting observation that not one person has shed any light on thus far and I appreciate you sharing that.

I'm almost EGO 2000 (ballpark of 1900+) and this change to weapon mod slots happened literally overnight, post-patch, so unless there is another Tier set at 2k, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. If it is, well then fair enough, but again, a little communication and explanation would have been nice.

Cavadus
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm almost EGO 2000 (ballpark of 1900+) and this change to weapon mod slots happened literally overnight, post-patch, so unless there is another Tier set at 2k, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. If it is, well then fair enough, but again, a little communication and explanation would have been nice.

On top of what I explained earlier:

DEFIANCE Patch 1.014

- Some EGO rating 1900 to 2000 weapons were not getting their rarity bonusís appropriately. This is now fixed.

Tyger
05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I know. I weep for our children's children and the *****hat-ery that will inevitably consume the world.

Yea... cuz' you're the one solitary shinning light in this murky quagmire that is life, right... Pull your head out of whatever orifice you have it wedged in and try a breath of fresh air instead of that rehashed crap you been gulping up lately.

What is it with you drama-queen posters and your quick to brow-beat style of defense when it comes to opinions that don't mirror yours 100%. If you came here lookin' for a pat on the back then sorry, a public forum ain't the place to go.

Go find a full length mirror if you're gonna' jerk off your ego, at least then you'll get the adulation you were lookin' for.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Yea... cuz' you're the one solitary shinning light in this murky quagmire that is life, right... Pull your head out of whatever orifice you have it wedged in and try a breath of fresh air instead of that rehashed crap you been gulping up lately.

What is it with you drama-queen posters and your quick to brow-beat style of defense when it comes to opinions that don't mirror yours 100%. If you came here lookin' for a pat on the back then sorry, a public forum ain't the place to go.

Go find a full length mirror if you're gonna' jerk off your ego, at least then you'll get the adulation you were lookin' for.

Bravo. You're skilled approach to childish ad hominem and anonymous name calling is unparalleled. I feel sorry for folks like you. You pretend to be a psuedo-intellectual to hide the fact that you're nothing more than a sad person who seeks vindication through unkind words and verbal assaults in order to make yourself feel better, which is to say you're trolling.

You have my sympathies.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that after viewing your previous posts, I really do feel sorry for you in the most honest sense. You come across as being such an annoyed, cynical, and hateful person, and a majority of your responses have been derogatory at best, with very few actually able to be construed as helpful. In all honesty, you should probably seek therapy.

GoldenTouchDown
05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
What was the original problem with Freight Yard anyway? I don't think it was as bad as the constant freezing and crashing now, so basically they've taken over a month to try to fix it and not only failed, but actually made it worse? Meanwhile, Trion refuses to move enough people from Rift to fix all the problems in their brand new game which should be getting all of their attention right now. The whole situation would be laughable if they didn't already take our money and give us nothing but incompetent service in return. A game that's been out for over a month and they still haven't fixed any of the major problems at release and no sign that they ever will. At this point I don't think they even care.

Remag Div
05-08-2013, 01:00 PM
> people complaining scrip is meaningless
> trion increases prices for stuff
> people complaining stuff costs too much

http://i.minus.com/ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Wow... Piss poor move on your part Trion.

If you want to drain money from the economy, you don't half-*** it by increasing the prices of vehicles that those with 100s of thousands of scrip would already have bought had they been the least bit interested in them.

The only people you're affecting with this change are those of us who didn't spend the last month of game time collecting crappy oranges and reselling them to complete morons for far more than they're worth and were instead forced to horde our own scrip just so we could buy the crazily inflated items that >were< worth it to us.

theyeti
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Every post from tyger I see has been way too easy.... He's either a halfwit, 11-14yr old (sorry you kids get lumped in there, but you have to agree your peers do it to you) or a really good troll. But people who look like really good trolls just tend to be halfwits.

Anyways, i noticed around 2200 everything about my weapons became worse. Less mod slots, no nanos, no bonuses.... I'm at 2600 or 2800, I don't remember, and it hasn't started coming back. When exactly will I have weapons with full mod slots.....

And why as our ego level raises does it cost more ark salvage to add mod slots? Higher level ego weapons do not salvage for any more than level 1 items. They do not sell for much more, we do not get more loot because we're higher level, we do not get more ark salvage as loot because we are higher level. There are barely noticable differences in weapons, yet I'm punished for being higher ego?
My plan is to get an alt and just keyfarm with that, so I don't have to pay 80k to add a mod slot that I can't use because there are none in the game.

Arsenic_Touch
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
So sledge was incorrect when he said that they don't ninja patch and everything included in the patch notes is what happens in the game? imagine that.

Doomsaw
05-08-2013, 01:38 PM
There are several more stealth changes from the patch, mostly nerfs.

theyeti
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
There are several more stealth changes from the patch, mostly nerfs.

Could you elaborate, please.

TravelerX1
05-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Also, when you pop into this tier the nano effects fall off too but they will return over time as your EGO progresses as well. It's also sometimes a vendor glitch and a server restart might add the nano effects back. I've had that happen to me a few times in the past.

I appreciate the info. Had no idea, LOL. Totally makes sense though, I thought things have been "Different" since 1600. Oh well, back to the grind! So does anyone know how many tiers there are and what levels that are at? It's not going to stop me from hitting 5000, but it might keep me less aggravated during the climbs, LOL

Where is that user guide to this game again?

Doomsaw
05-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Could you elaborate, please.

I am collecting the list. There are threads popping up. Personal one that affected me: +5 mag on shotgun changed to +1 mag. Sad.

Ryme
05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
So sledge was incorrect when he said that they don't ninja patch and everything included in the patch notes is what happens in the game? imagine that.

This type of behavior is typically seen only from an imported MMO that is merely being hosted by a local publisher. At least then they have the excuse of not having direct access to the development team.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Every post from tyger I see has been way too easy.... He's either a halfwit, 11-14yr old (sorry you kids get lumped in there, but you have to agree your peers do it to you) or a really good troll. But people who look like really good trolls just tend to be halfwits.

Anyways, i noticed around 2200 everything about my weapons became worse. Less mod slots, no nanos, no bonuses.... I'm at 2600 or 2800, I don't remember, and it hasn't started coming back. When exactly will I have weapons with full mod slots.....

And why as our ego level raises does it cost more ark salvage to add mod slots? Higher level ego weapons do not salvage for any more than level 1 items. They do not sell for much more, we do not get more loot because we're higher level, we do not get more ark salvage as loot because we are higher level. There are barely noticable differences in weapons, yet I'm punished for being higher ego?
My plan is to get an alt and just keyfarm with that, so I don't have to pay 80k to add a mod slot that I can't use because there are none in the game.

Many of the decisions made by Trion regarding the weapons doesn't make sense, even when considering that this is a horizontal progressive game.

Having higher EGO weapons require so much more salvage to add slots is a basic issue, exacerbated by the fact that we don't get any more salvage for salvaging those weapons than any other lower EGO weapon. I suppose the line of thinking was Time spent playing = player earned salvage, which is in effect, the wrong approach for this type of progression, unless the amount of salvage earned from weapon salvaging was increased to correlate with the increased price.

The entire XP system per weapon was another mistake, but that's another argument entirely.

Update on Freight Yard:

I can't seem to complete ONE Freight Yard match without getting a client freeze and crash to desktop. What was the point in removing it for all that time, and bringing it back STILL broken? What the hell has Trion been doing this whole time? Clearly it wasn't fixing the original problems of FY crashing...

InB4 Apologists - I'm running an overclocked GTX 660 Ti, an Intel Core i7 3.4ghz and 8g of Ram, and my internet speed is 31mbps with 1.5 upload and less than 100 lat from east coast to west, so it's not my system or my internet. No other PVP maps cause a crash, no amount of on-screen players or particle effects cause the crash. It IS Freight Yard causing the crash.

Update on Freight Yard 2:

Seems they removed the Freight Yard map AGAIN. am I the only person that thinks this is getting absolutely ridiculous? It would be laughable if I hadn't already dropped more than $250 on multiple copies, Ultimate Edition, Bits...

theyeti
05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I agree. The way the progression system is now, our ability to generate salvage will remain constant no matter what ego level we are. A level 1 ego play can generate as much as an ego 5000. While the cost to add mod slots to weapons accelerates at a dramatic rate. I don't buy keycodes with ark salvage, because I have seen how much it costs to add modslots and I feel poor. I have a mere 800k salvage at 2600ish. That is enough to add roughly 8-12 mod slots to my weapons. I had 1.2mill but wanted to add modslots to the orange rebounder I got that came with 0 modslots.

Why is it that we are subjected to having to climb the ladder again? It was fun to have the weapons start coming with all the slots unlocked, nano effects became more common, and better and better bonuses were had. I actually used to fully mod green weapons with white mods, and it made my experience more enjoyable. Then the weapons didn't come with mod slots, and you had to gamble in the salvage matrix and hope your weapon came out, not to mention pay a minimum of 22k for the first slot and around 100 for the last slot for roughly 200-250k. That is 1000 white weapons..... Now I only mod weapons for pvp, because in pve it doesn't actually make a noticable enough difference to justify the cost. Should it really cost over 25% of my salvage to fully mod 1 weapon?

I guess it wouldn't be fair if I didn't say I only salvage whites and greens. The scrip ratio on blues and up means I'm selling them. People who think scrip is a waste of money don't know where the best weapons come from. The only place that's not a complete gamble is the vendors, and I have gotten all my best from vendors (specials, not reputation vendors, if only they made one of those prepared ARs in auto instead of semi....same weapon at echelon and topnotch... why not make one auto -_-)

SNSDxTiffanism
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
yeah :( This game is easily being my favourite and unique game but all this problems for a online game that went open beta is really going out of hand. I also notice the mod slot is getting lesser. and why increase the prices for the vehicles?
And after opening 20-30+ T3 boxes, i got 0 orange items T_T No luck at all lol.

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
*cough cough* client side patch needed*cough cough*

To fix the bugs you are talking about. I agree that having to sink ~200k salvage into a weapon to unlock it's mod slots is ridiculous when you get very little. If you got salvage as well as scrip and key codes from arkfall completion. Let's say a fraction of your contribution, for arguments sake 1/50, that would make arkfalls significant enough to justify doing them even if loot drops never get fixed.

using that number. For a #1 spot where you can average 2 million in contribution that 1/50th would be 40k salvage. Even giving it an upper cap of 10k salvage would make the exponential increase in salvage worth it.

DustOfDeath
05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
this game WAS my favorite.. .but i gave up... i login weekly or if they add some new limited time pursuits that i finish in a hour max and done.

I dont care what fanboys say but at the current rate, the game will be basically dead in two months.

They havent done anythign right in the last month. No feedback, no fixes, hidden nerfs and public nerfs, no content, all major problems are still there.
They dont communicate with players at all.

Everythign points to "we got your money already, what ya gonna do!!".

Soon you hear how they will "downgrade" servers to reduce upkeep costs.

Itsn ot just teh forums that are full of negative posts, QQ, demands etc. Reviews are becomign negative, scores drop, local and soem other game community sites dotn recommend the game and actually advise people to stay away for another few months to see what becomes of it.
The whole revolutionary tv-game concept wasa hoax and its just a spinoff.
In fact the TV series barely lives up to all the hype.
They need major changes in the managment and dev team.

PS!!
mod slots from drops "reset" every 500 EGO when new weapon types and stuf should start dropping - tho last new weaposn were at 500 or 1000.

Sledgehammer70
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes

Miserere
05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes

Hey Sledge, may we get an info as to why the vehicles were changed? Thanks. :)

EDIT: I meant besides the patch. Why did the devs changed it this way? Is it to limit the amount of vehicles?

DustOfDeath
05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
"- Vehicles can now only be found as specials on vehicle vendors." wait what? Oo

ya mean Special sale vehicles :D it makes it sound as if all the vehicles.

And i do hope that these shotgun/weapon "balancing" doesnt only mean nerfs, most are at the point where they actually need boost to be viable in PVE.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
And i do hope that these shotgun/weapon "balancing" doesnt only mean nerfs, most are at the point where they actually need boost to be viable in PVE.

Agreed completely. The mention of the idea that they are "balancing" shotguns (again?) is a kick in the teeth. We have again, an example of a game's PvE experience being heavily affected by PvP playstyles and weapon viability there. I'm floored that they're considering nerfing... excuse me- "rebalancing"- any weapons besides Infectors.

Instead, right now we have a gun that allows for homing/DoT/burst/cloak disrupt/blocking field of view... dumbest weapon ever for a game with PvP.

Mourneblade
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Wow. Just wow. Talk about bait and switch here. Has it occurred to anyone on the development side that every patch thus far has contributed to ruining the game further? Removing story content for the sake of the ILLUSION of "continuity", removing content because of bugs that can't seem to be fixed in a month, patching things that don't need to be patched and breaking things that were working originally, decreased rewards for doing ANYTHING in the game across the board, increasing the cost of doing anything or obtaining anything meaningful, nerfing weapons and rendering most completely non-viable except for the weapons that NEED TO BE NERFED (Infectors come to mind), and continuing to ignore the elephant(s) in the room (broken chat, crap VOIP, broken phasing, broken Clan system, bugged inventory etc. etc.).

Sledgehammer70,

I get that it's not your fault and you have no control over what the developers are doing, and I'm not angry or frustrated with you in any way. My frustration is directed toward the audacity of the developers who are apparently disregarding EVERYTHING the community has to say and essentially ignoring feedback. They have to know most of the dedicated players here are unhappy and are practically begging for a change. They have to know that these paltry table-scraps they are feeding us are not going to cut it.

With the lack of discussion, explanation, or communication, this cycle that seems to be perpetuated by the developers is inevitably going to end with Defiance's failure. We don't want that to happen. Why can't anyone in charge realize this before it's too late?

Opetyr
05-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Wow. Just wow. Talk about bait and switch here. Has it occurred to anyone on the development side that every patch thus far has contributed to ruining the game further? Removing story content for the sake of the ILLUSION of "continuity", removing content because of bugs that can't seem to be fixed in a month, patching things that don't need to be patched and breaking things that were working originally, decreased rewards for doing ANYTHING in the game across the board, increasing the cost of doing anything or obtaining anything meaningful, nerfing weapons and rendering most completely non-viable except for the weapons that NEED TO BE NERFED (Infectors come to mind), and continuing to ignore the elephant(s) in the room (broken chat, crap VOIP, broken phasing, broken Clan system, bugged inventory etc. etc.).

Sledgehammer70,

I get that it's not your fault and you have no control over what the developers are doing, and I'm not angry or frustrated with you in any way. My frustration is directed toward the audacity of the developers who are apparently disregarding EVERYTHING the community has to say and essentially ignoring feedback. They have to know most of the dedicated players here are unhappy and are practically begging for a change. They have to know that these paltry table-scraps they are feeding us are not going to cut it.

With the lack of discussion, explanation, or communication, this cycle that seems to be perpetuated by the developers is inevitably going to end with Defiance's failure. We don't want that to happen. Why can't anyone in charge realize this before it's too late?

What he is saying. I don't use shotguns at all in PVE but for some reason PVP there is an abundance of shotguns. How about rockets not gaining experience or the clusternade debacle? Also tell them to quit on Frieght Yard since your are just beating a dead horse now. We cant get basic BIG issues fixed but hey since the exploiters already have millions of script lets pooch over people like my friend that have only 5k script atm.

AZAG0TH
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I am just going to post that I agree with the OP here as well... (I've done this a lot the past couple days).

Not telling us they were going to raise the prices was pretty shady (mistake or not). I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Neptonius
05-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Thanks for link.

The patch stinks! Now vehicles cost 18K to 30K and "specials" is around 15K.. They really like to push their players away from the game.
They are more busy setting up prices IG than to fix the bugs... :O

I know i been defending Defiance, but, this is just ridiculous. I could be on the i dont care side, cause i pretty much got all vehicles, but, i think it's sad they care more about item prices ingame than bugs.

I seriously dont understand the update on prices and what good it's for, also, whats with the no slot mods on weapons in weapons special sale??

The Good part, now people only have to camp two vendors selling vehicles :) rather than camping all for a special sale.

alienoid
05-09-2013, 04:02 AM

Sledgehammer70,

I'm dedicated (270 hours played and counting) and I'm happy with the game.

I experience very few bugs
I don't lose my weapons
I don't buy 50 versions of the same car only to change color, I got one to drive
I don't grind Mine 99 or anywhere else
I don't play PvP

Sure, I could use a lot more content, but as it is, Defiance is working though is not a true MMO, just an open world shooter.
So I jump in, do my contracts, some Arkfalls, pew pew until I get bored and then I complete my SciFi fix with some SWToR, some STO and some offline games.

It has been quite some times now that gaming industrie moved endgame from endless boring raids to endless a-bit-less-boring daylies so basically, you need a handful of games where you're maxed out and run all your daylies to keep getting entertained. That's nowadays definition of "fun". It's not mine but that's all we got and it could be worse so better get used to it ;)

Jmeach
05-09-2013, 04:09 AM
So much rage over a game. This is hilarious. If its not fun for you, don't play. The reason they don't make the changes that you people cry about ever 10 seconds is because there are thousands of players that are perfectly happy with the gameplay and Trion will still make their money. This is a business. Hardcore players (generally the ones posting in forums) make up a very small percentage of the gaming community. Crying in forums is just crying in forums. It gets you no where except maybe common sympathy from another player having your same issue.

Arch Fiend Folio
05-09-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm dedicated (270 hours played and counting) and I'm happy with the game.

I experience very few bugs
I don't lose my weapons
I don't buy 50 versions of the same car only to change color, I got one to drive
I don't grind Mine 99 or anywhere else
I don't play PvP

Sure, I could use a lot more content, but as it is, Defiance is working though is not a true MMO, just an open world shooter.
So I jump in, do my contracts, some Arkfalls, pew pew until I get bored and then I complete my SciFi fix with some SWToR, some STO and some offline games.

It has been quite some times now that gaming industrie moved endgame from endless boring raids to endless a-bit-less-boring daylies so basically, you need a handful of games where you're maxed out and run all your daylies to keep getting entertained. That's nowadays definition of "fun". It's not mine but that's all we got and it could be worse so better get used to it ;)

Wow this was not helpful in any kind of manor!

alienoid
05-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Wow this was not helpful in any kind of manor!

I wasn't trying to be ;) Just trying to be realistic. For example, I won't cry for a raise of vehicle prices. I got them all for free in the missions, bought a buggy because I forgot we had one for free as well. I don't need to collect 30 vehicles of the same kind for a color change, I need a vehicle to get from point A to point B ;)

Originally, MMOs were loaded with so much content that we had the illusion of them being endless. Then they moved to the so called endgame that ruined it all. It has been endless grinding, endless instances, now it's endless daylies/weeklies. Game devs always try to find a better way to implemente some sort of loop so the MMO never really ends.

Sadly, it's not quite possible for them to inject permanent content, players burn it no matter what. Some MMOs found a way, which is to me the best, like Ryzom, CoH, STO etc : user generated content. That is truly endless, with story arcs, walls of text and such. Alas, you have to go through a ton of crappy scenarios from Steven Spielberg's wanabes before finding one goodly written but still.

Anyways, nowadays, it's hard if not impossible, to find a title you'll dedicate your gamer's life in, playing up to exhaustion, sleeping few and getting back to it barely awaken for months if not years, losing wife, job and friends because of your addiction ;)
You'll most likely play several games at once.

Does that make of Defiance the broken game all complainers are talking about ? Absolutly not, it's working, with minor bugs yes but nothing preventing me to play. It has some new and refreshing components grabbing my interest. It is just not to their liking ( a WoW clone, a CoD clone, you name it).

Whippersnapper
05-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Vehicles
Yes making new vehicles for higher prices would have been ideal, but they probably already have new vehicle models primed and ready. Those will likely be out with the new paid content that'll come with the opening of the rest of the world. It's also likely these vehicles will come with additional perks and bonuses. Along with new outfits that also have perks and bonuses. Available in the Defiance Store.

Mods
This happens in all MMOs. They don't want you to be easily able to amass scrip and salvage. The show contest probably clued them in into how easy it is to amass salvage. In order for their character to appear in the show you have to be #1 in salvage. Competitors probably pulled all the stops and clued them in. By doing this you will have less salvage to buy lock boxes. Why buy lock boxes with $$ if you can buy with salvage?

Mods Unlocked
This may also be a way to push the bar. With all mod slots unlocked at 1,000 power or so, what is left to make weapons stronger? This way they can go into the 2,000s+ to offer slots.

Lock Boxes bought with bits (i.e. cash) should give better results

Bottom line, they want a Scrip/Salvage sink.

Racheakt
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM

This, I'm thinking complain about one thing, complain when they fix it.

Mourneblade
05-09-2013, 09:16 AM
So much rage over a game. This is hilarious. If its not fun for you, don't play. The reason they don't make the changes that you people cry about ever 10 seconds is because there are thousands of players that are perfectly happy with the gameplay and Trion will still make their money. This is a business. Hardcore players (generally the ones posting in forums) make up a very small percentage of the gaming community. Crying in forums is just crying in forums. It gets you no where except maybe common sympathy from another player having your same issue.

There is no "rage", or "crying" as you so eloquently put it, simply more than a few concerned players who are growing increasingly frustrated with the way the Defiance IP is being handled.

I'd like to point out that the people who are satisfied with the game in it's current state are in the minority, with many more players voicing their negative feedback more and more everyday, so your assumption is incorrect in saying that there are "thousands" of players who are perfectly happy with Defiance right now.

That is not to say that there aren't people who ARE satisfied, but many of those players seem to have much lower standards when it comes to the quality of support, management, and communication. Many of them have not progressed far enough into the game to experience the major flaws, some choose to downplay the issues, and others choose to ignore them altogether.

With that being said, why did you feel the need to even respond on the thread if your only intention was to passive-aggressively insult people with hyperbolic statements like "you people cry every 10 seconds" and make things up? Was there even a reasoning behind it at all except to *attempt* to make others feel badly for voicing their opinions?

Beardamus
05-09-2013, 10:46 AM

This doesn't make any sense.
"Hey my money is useless!"
"Now stuff costs more"
"Hey my money is still useless!"

Increasing costs does nothing to solve the issue. All it does is make you spend more worthless money on something. Your money is still worthless.

Ulfgaard
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I am getting more and more frustrated with Defiance (the PC version). At EGO 2200+ all of a sudden ALL the weapons that drop and are at the vendors have NO MOD slots at ALL. I finally got an Orange weapon at 2200+ and NO MOD SLOTS at all.

Before this last "patch" was I was getting weapons with MOD slots. Albeit 1 or 2 instead of the 3 or 4 MOD slots I was getting pre-2000 EGO. All of a sudden NONE of the weapons has MOD slots, they cost alot more scrip AND Arksalvage to add a MOD slot?!? Why??? Because "They need a scrip/Arksalvage sink" ?? Why do they NEED a sink? It's not like there's an economy. There's no auction house, no buying and selling, no crafting, players can only trade on a one-to-one basis and there is no way to track prices on anything except vendor prices ... So why do they NEED a scrip/Arksalvage sink? IMHO I think they just WANT one. They do not NEED one ...

Besides all that, why can't they fix the things that REALLY need fixing? Complete fiasco of a chat system, clan system almost completely bugged (I never know when I login if the clan interface will show up or not), phasing not working right, etc. How about the fact that you cannot complete various pursuits at all like the ones that require Freight Yard, or the eternally resetting "Kill X number of enemies in Major Arkfalls? The various broken EGO Perks?

I am going to give them the chance to fix things in the 1.2 patch (or whatever number the next "major" client side patch is ...). If they do not do some serious fixing, and things keep going the way they are then I will most likely move on.

Jmeach
05-10-2013, 03:10 AM
There is no "rage", or "crying" as you so eloquently put it, simply more than a few concerned players who are growing increasingly frustrated with the way the Defiance IP is being handled.

I'd like to point out that the people who are satisfied with the game in it's current state are in the minority, with many more players voicing their negative feedback more and more everyday, so your assumption is incorrect in saying that there are "thousands" of players who are perfectly happy with Defiance right now.

That is not to say that there aren't people who ARE satisfied, but many of those players seem to have much lower standards when it comes to the quality of support, management, and communication. Many of them have not progressed far enough into the game to experience the major flaws, some choose to downplay the issues, and others choose to ignore them altogether.

With that being said, why did you feel the need to even respond on the thread if your only intention was to passive-aggressively insult people with hyperbolic statements like "you people cry every 10 seconds" and make things up? Was there even a reasoning behind it at all except to *attempt* to make others feel badly for voicing their opinions?

I think you are trying to make yourself feel better about your rage by using big words against me. Hope it works out for you haha

Mourneblade
05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I think you are trying to make yourself feel better about your rage by using big words against me. Hope it works out for you haha

Silly me for trying to speak logic to a troll.