PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles Prices Doubled?!?

irathient
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Game Devs now have raised the price tag on vehicles. Many might think why? Simple answer...If it seems impossible to juggle weapons and mods and scrip to get a new clan running buying a vehicle might become a dream more than a reality in the game. BUT if you buy BITS with MICROSOFT POINTS and buy the NOMAD then the real money comes into their wallets and out of yours. Sad really. EA did it with Mass Effect 3 by nerfing the weapons all the time and buffing the enemy almost forcing people to buy premium spectre packs with MSP (microsoft points). I had a feeling it might happen here. For a while i thought these guys might be different. but it seems they are sellouts like the rest. For a while there i was buying vehicles for those who joined my clan in the game. I did put it out there that there was no pressure. if they didnt want to stay in the clan they didnt have to they could keep the 5500 scrip and not buy the 650R. it was up to them. Now, 25,000 scrip? i wont be doing that. Not atleast until I make lots of scrip and start buying everyone orange challengers. I am a Challenger, I will be challenging this price hike someday, maybe not today or tomorrow but in time when we are in a recession and someone comes along with an attempt to drip the low incomers dry. Dampens the smile on my face. I dont like those who stand on the backs of the poor. The Death Assassins will be around for some fun later I guess. Im gunna have me some fun....Im gunna have me some fun : )

A s0t
05-08-2013, 11:37 AM
well im glad the only things i bought were car colors
the only thing car-wise i havent gotten is the trucks for real money yeah im not getting them

Frantic Poet
05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
EA did it with Mass Effect 3 by nerfing the weapons all the time and buffing the enemy almost forcing people to buy premium spectre packs with MSP (microsoft points).
It did nothing of the sort. I hated how people cried all the time when necessary balance changes were made.

gamingreal
05-08-2013, 11:45 AM
same here ive got quite a collection of vehicles including a number of special colours (cannot find the dodge specials for the life of me), but i certainly am not about to spend 700+msp on a vehicle

Facade
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Trion: What? Nothing to spend your Scrip on? We can fix that!

*increases price on vehicles*

irathient
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
well im glad the only things i bought were car colors
the only thing car-wise i havent gotten is the trucks for real money yeah im not getting them yes and the nomad sucks too btw might as well not get it.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 11:49 AM
same here ive got quite a collection of vehicles including a number of special colours (cannot find the dodge specials for the life of me), but i certainly am not about to spend 700+msp on a vehicle
they were right next to the start of the dodge challenge race a few days ago
they were like 100 paradise rep points and 15,000 something like that

i ran up there and the vendor is gone sorry, maybe next time

0_d4RK_FaLLen
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
they were right next to the start of the dodge challenge race a few days ago

no longer in game, will have to wait for another challenge weekend. of course by that point it may by 500 rep and 1.2 mil in scrip. can't wait

irathient
05-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Trion: What? Nothing to spend your Scrip on? We can fix that!

*increases price on vehicles*

i own all of them im not worried just if your customers go away so do you and this websites. i have every car quad nomad i got off scott free, well not free but cheaper then the stuff your shoveling now. im sorry i caught you guess out there, well not sorry. glad is more the word id choose to describe it

Freemason
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM
THIS. I have 300+ Hours in ME3 MP, never bought a single pack, and have everything. OP items were nerfed for balance, and if you can't beat Silvers to get a PSP every 3 games, I am sorry. I very rarely use much more than a pistol or SMG for low weight power usages.

Facade
05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
THIS. I have 300+ Hours in ME3 MP, never bought a single pack, and have everything. OP items were nerfed for balance, and if you can't beat Silvers to get a PSP every 3 games, I am sorry. I very rarely use much more than a pistol or SMG for low weight power usages.

Wrong topic? Or am I missing something?

BLITZKRI3G
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
-_- this is a stupid topic i have all the vehicles unlocked and i manage when it comes to weapons ect i think the fact is YOU can not be botherd to just go earn scrip and buy them i assume you are one of those people who use exploites in a game as much as possible because "it will be patched soon soo lets not sleep for the next 3 days" but i could be wrong i can just suggest that you spend less time complaining and just go play the game please and thankyou XD

ObliviDan
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
So you just buy the vehicles on special then. What's the problem? My very first day in the game and I got a flat green roller for 500 scrip. Over the next few days I got a half dozen more vehicles, some rollers and some runners, all for 500 scrip apiece.

And what yer sayin' about ME3 rings false as well. I have everything unlocked and I never bought a pack with MS points.

Perhaps the real problem is that the game is too challenging for you? I would understand that, the game can get rather difficult at times. It's one of the things I like about the game. Too many games these days are too easy. Anyone remember back when games were actually difficult and the programmers were sadists? I miss those days...

gamingreal
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Anyone remember back when games were actually difficult and the programmers were sadists? I miss those days... Lol, i grew up on retro games because i couldn't afford a modern console

StanleyPain
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
What they really need to adjust are the absolutely, mind-blowingly insane costs associated with modding weapons. The other day I thought about removing the mods from a purple weapon I have to install some better ones and noticed that the removal cost was somewhere around 50,000 ark salvage and god knows how much scrip. That's just ridiculous. Hence, I now pretty much don't really bother much with the whole weapon modding system unless I can see very tangible benefits. I mean, for 50,000 salvage, I could just invest it keycodes and try my luck with the boxes.

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Dude calm down scrip isn't exactly hard to come by. And only like 3 weapons were ever nerfed and only the Krysae was made unusable. At no point in time did I ever feel I had to purchase a Spectre pack. I did once in a while to show support for the free DLC but it was never required of me.

KAGE
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
EA did it with Mass Effect 3 by nerfing the weapons all the time and buffing the enemy almost forcing people to buy premium spectre packs with MSP (microsoft points).

Never once did I have to use Microsoft points to purchase premium spectre packs. For every two gold matches completed I was able to afford 3 PS packs. Only a muppet would waste his/ her MS points like that.
I have amassed shtacko amounts of script, why can't we purchase mods or lock boxes using the script we earn playing the game as we did in ME3?
Want more lockboxes? get more script.
Want more script? play the game and Kill more.

Steppdaddy
05-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Dude are you serious about ME3?!?!

They made over twice as many buffs than they did nerfs.

The two nerfs that were actually significant were the piranha and the "cry"sae.

You could single clip a boss on platinum with the piranha (after it got buffed the first week) and the krysae could take out entire spawn.

The guys at Bioware have earned my loyalty because they were extremely active with the community. They made stickies explaining game mechanics. They atleast informed you about every change to the game they made.

Bumbles
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Did you really just complain about Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

Have a seat son.

nnja303
05-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Seriously you people will find anything to complain about... can you go out and buy a new car every day in real life? No, cars are expensive. To me this adds more realism and immersion, if you want a new car you have to actually consider your budget before purchasing. Quit blaming every single thing on the cash shop, everything there is completely optional, and anything you buy from there does not give you any unfair advantage over players who don't pay tel money... In no way have I found this game to be pay to win, your complaints are invalid....

Bumbles
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
I posted a thread a few moments ago bringing the prices up and someone was kind enough to link me to this thread, though I wish he didn't.

All I see here from OP is a load of whining. First off... you are complaining about a vehicle that won't cost you real money to purchase. It costs scrip not bits. If this were about the Nomad in the the store that you have to use real money to buy then I may sympathize. But that is not the case. Simple solution: Go play the game more and earn the scrip and rep to buy what you want.

And to touch on your Mass Effect 3 complaint... why would you waste money on the multiplayer portion of a game that's strongest aspect is the single player story?

Ryan
05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I just saw this thread and had to check ingame and the prices have basically doubled, it's a little annoying. Something to spend all the Scrip i've had collecting dust I guess.
By the way Mass Effect 3 had good single player and multiplayer in my opinion. No complaints.

Freemason
05-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Wrong topic? Or am I missing something?

You are missing something.

Atticus Batman
05-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Dude are you serious about ME3?!?!

They made over twice as many buffs than they did nerfs.

The two nerfs that were actually significant were the piranha and the "cry"sae.

You could single clip a boss on platinum with the piranha (after it got buffed the first week) and the krysae could take out entire spawn.

The guys at Bioware have earned my loyalty because they were extremely active with the community. They made stickies explaining game mechanics. They atleast informed you about every change to the game they made.

The immediate nerf to the Falcon was QUITE significant as well. Besides Defiance is an MMO so you are lucky NOT every good thing costs real money. In both games you do NOT need real money to enjoy the game. So what's the prob?

Gonz0
05-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Game Devs now have raised the price tag on vehicles. Many might think why? Simple answer...If it seems impossible to juggle weapons and mods and scrip to get a new clan running buying a vehicle might become a dream more than a reality in the game. BUT if you buy BITS with MICROSOFT POINTS and buy the NOMAD then the real money comes into their wallets and out of yours. Sad really. EA did it with Mass Effect 3 by nerfing the weapons all the time and buffing the enemy almost forcing people to buy premium spectre packs with MSP (microsoft points). I had a feeling it might happen here. For a while i thought these guys might be different. but it seems they are sellouts like the rest. For a while there i was buying vehicles for those who joined my clan in the game. I did put it out there that there was no pressure. if they didnt want to stay in the clan they didnt have to they could keep the 5500 scrip and not buy the 650R. it was up to them. Now, 25,000 scrip? i wont be doing that. Not atleast until I make lots of scrip and start buying everyone orange challengers. I am a Challenger, I will be challenging this price hike someday, maybe not today or tomorrow but in time when we are in a recession and someone comes along with an attempt to drip the low incomers dry. Dampens the smile on my face. I dont like those who stand on the backs of the poor. The Death Assassins will be around for some fun later I guess. Im gunna have me some fun....Im gunna have me some fun : )

I don't know if this is a serious post or not.

With that said, do you know how easy it is to get the scrip for a clan, vehicle, etc? Its extremely easy.

Mutated Spleen
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
To bring this topic back, don't you get two vehicles in the storyline just by playing? Thought one of the first missions was the buy an ATV. Maybe I'm totally making that up and I picked it up on special or something, but I thought there was a super cheap ATV for sale in the first store all the time.

Anyway, vehicles are literally the only thing I've ever spent scrip on, so while it's kind of irritating, I don't really mind that much. I did really like the 500 scrip specials, am sad to see those go, but definitely not the end of the world.

Rexx Havoc
05-08-2013, 06:57 PM
There was no need for this, getting the 500 script vehicle specials has been fun for me! No sense in me vendor checking every hour now. Disappointing change, which is only for cheap vehicle cosmetic - but was fun.

If it affected gameplay I could understand. This is how, and why the player base gradually shrinks. :(

mikepaul
05-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Was there an Achievement for having more different vehicles than Jay Leno that I missed?

I bought an extra Dodge on sale, and with the couple of Duni's I picked up along the way I have all the vehicles I think I need...

Riptharipper
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
They were way too cheap to begin with. Scrip is very easy to come by in this game and not much to spend it on. At least not in high volumes. Good change. Bad thread. You should feel bad.

Noble 360
05-09-2013, 12:36 AM
I have all the cars I need or want , I was going to buy the race pro cars thought they were in for good , but when I logged in and the dodge challenger race was removed so were the cars.

I'm sitting on 600,000 scrip I sell my orange weapons for flat rate of 30,000 scrip (no one has bothered to haggle) which shows how easy it is to earn scrip.

I'd take a nomad perhaps another challenge instead of XP for gold how about a Nomad instead. What say you Trion?

SweetMadness
05-09-2013, 02:53 AM
Well this is a foolish complaint.

First, you're able to get FOUR vehicles for no cost.

Red Challenger from preorder
Two Runners in the story missions
Black Challenger after getting gold on all time trials.

Secondly, scrip isn't that hard to earn.

Myles Prower
05-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Doesn't this game have a changing economy, clearly vehicles are in high demand so increase the price to maximise vendor revenue. Don't blame Trion, blame Varus Soleptor!

Combo Breaker
05-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Mass Effect 3 had alot of balance changes. I won't say I was happy about a few of the nerfs at the time they were implemented, but it was the correct action to take.

By nerfing "crutch weapons" they made the game more challenging. They made you actually learn to play the game with skill. I went from being a farmer to able to solo gold. In the end I was happy they pushed me to use skill rather than weapons.

This also kept me playing the game longer. I have a maxed manifest and a happy 800 hours played in that multi-player without ever spending a penny over the games original purchase price.

The weapons in this game don't get better because they are orange. I have whites that are just as good as blues. I have all Challenger colors and it's a waste. I use the black one because I earned it.

Kinda seems like someone missed out and is now unhappy.

Murder
05-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Why are people so mad at the heightened vehicle prices? There's nothing wrong with cool things having lots of value... Starting to get the feeling that people on this forum complain about anything they can think of.

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 07:13 AM
I bought the pink Nomad from the store, Why Because I can thats why and because i wanted it.

Faceless
05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Why are people so mad at the heightened vehicle prices? There's nothing wrong with cool things having lots of value... Starting to get the feeling that people on this forum complain about anything they can think of.

Aye, it looks that way. I went onto Defiance last night and saw a Duni for 25,000 scrip. I looked for a second and shrugged because I didn't have enough to get it but it didn't matter because I've got rollers, runners and a Nomad so it's not like I needed it. And if/ when I do want it I'll just scrounge up some more scrip, selling weapons or just helping out Ranchers.

So TL;DR: people just like to complain because they want things at the prices they want, etc.

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Im up to 150k scrip so far and i still look for the specials at 500scrip, the prices go up to make you spend real money instead but lets be honest scrip is easy to farm so just farm it and pay the 25k.

Facade
05-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Im up to 150k scrip so far and i still look for the specials at 500scrip, the prices go up to make you spend real money instead but lets be honest scrip is easy to farm so just farm it and pay the 25k.

You can stop looking for the specials for 500scrip now, they are gone. (sorry couldn't tell if you realized that or not)

Rexx Havoc
05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
This did absolutely nothing to gameplay or any unfair advantage. Finding a Vehicle Special for 500 script at a vendor is like finding a "jewel" for some people - no matter how much script they have or can earn - it was fun to hunt through the vendors and find it.

One less fun thing to do just adds to reasons why people move on to other games. I want this game to succeed for quite a while. This change benefited no one, as many people have stated - no need to spend script on vehicle skins now at double the regular price and almost 30 times the special price!

Zero benefit to Trion or the player in this - just some grief which doesn't help business development, rather further causes a disinterest in the Defiance game and the hope for continued fun and improvements.