PDA

View Full Version : 'Nades.

crasher
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
So, you've got your basic different types.

Frags:
They're all pretty much the, two groups same with slight variations in Det time, refresh and max damage, The real difference is Minimum damage. Pick one for greatest min damage with a decent det time and low refresh and have done with it.

Cluster:
Same as above with radius instead of min damage.

Pyro:
Same as above with Duration, and 'Tick DMG' instead of damage.
I confess to not knowing wtf a tick is.

Flashbang
we're back to radius instead of dmg.

People don't like any of 'em, and the Monarch doesn't like having a flashbang tossed under him from behind.

Aside from all that, am I really missing anything subtle by not doing a microstudy to determine which new ones to swap in and which to salvage?

I tend to just salvage anything I'm not already equipped with.

Advice?

A s0t
05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
if they have a refresh of 24 seconds there good (not flashbang there garbage) if not there garbage and should be matrixed best of luck to you

FattyMcG33
05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
You forgot the Bio ones.

I usually look at the max and min dmg, and the cd to determine which one's I keep and which I scrap

Orge Lambart
05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Flashbangs are pretty good all things considered, I didn't realize how good they were until recently. Against most of the Co-op bosses they suck but in PVP and PVE against powerful enemy mobs they are great.

Have a tanker owning you. Toss a flash bang, run around the back and plug up his pack while he's twitching for 6 seconds. After that he should drop to his knees.

Same with other mini bosses. The 6 seconds of them twitching will give you plenty of time to plug away at them.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I like to use flashbangs when soloing missions/sidemission, personally. They're handy when you get overwhelemed, specially on emergencies. Allows you to get back a few yards and behind cover, or if you want to stunlock them in place for a few seconds while they're out of cover.

Tick damage is how much damage will be dealt every 'tick' of a DoT (Damage over time). So for example if a DoT ticks for every 1 second, every 1 second the enemy is effected they'll take that tick damage.

/throws pyrogrenade/shoots infector/stuns with flashbang/nano effect triggers successful. Enemy gains the nano DoT (fire/electric) and begins to receive a tick every 1 second for 200 damage until it wears off.

It's not every 1 second, I believe it's less than that but for a short duration but you get the idea.

StanleyPain
05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Me, personally, the only grenades I've found that have a universal usefulness are Pyros, especially the large radius ones. The tick damage they do is at least helpful against larger groups of mobs (raiders especially) The other grenade types remind me of the grenades in Borderlands: unless you aim them just right, they suck. Also the 20+ second recharge thing is ridiculous. They should have just made them an ammo type and let people have 5 or something.

Renfield
05-08-2013, 01:06 PM
So, you've got your basic different types.

Frags:
They're all pretty much the, two groups same with slight variations in Det time, refresh and max damage, The real difference is Minimum damage. Pick one for greatest min damage with a decent det time and low refresh and have done with it.

Cluster:
Same as above with radius instead of min damage.

Pyro:
Same as above with Duration, and 'Tick DMG' instead of damage.
I confess to not knowing wtf a tick is

Advice?

Pyros set the enemy on fire and do damage over time. The damage is applied in intervals (ticks) instead of continually. Every x seconds they take the 'tick damage'

Garu
05-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I got a nice frag early on 2.5k dmg to 3.5k dmg all the rest are 500- 3.5 etc

ratt707
05-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Flash bangs suck?

Great for crowd control and stunning some of elites.