PDA

View Full Version : Please help me understand EGO rating.

Gnu
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I've searched online and the forums here for an ego rating breakdown and found a lot of conflicting info. Here is an overview of what I've read. Could anyone please confirm or help fill in the blanks?

EGO rating = the big number next to your name.
EXP bar = yellow bar at the bottom of the screen.

The way I understand it, 3 things raise your rating:

1.) Completing Pursuits

This is the easiest to understand. The amount that your EGO rating will raise is clearly marked. Upon completing pursuits, I can directly see exactly the increase I expect.

2.) Weapon Skill-up and Vehicle Skill-up

I've read that each time you skill-up a weapon or vehicle you will gain +4 to your EGO rating. I've noted my rating before and after a weapon skill-up, and the +4 points seems to be accurate.

3.) Experience Bar fills up

This is the one that I am mostly questioning. I've read that each time you fill the EXP bar you will gain +10 to your EGO rating. I am having a hard time verifying this. EGO rating seems to jump up a random number, and I'm not sure what is contributing to jumps greater than +10.

(My friends are suggesting that you get +10 and then you also get bonus +1's for each world event you have completed since the last time you leveled up your EXP bar.) Can anyone help explain this?

There are a few things that I have read that seem to be completely untrue:

1.) Many Websites list a MAX EGO rating. If you get (at least) +10 every time you fill your EXP bar, then isn't EGO rating unlimited? You can just keep getting EXP and filling that bar indefinitely?

2.) Some Websites list EGO rating bonuses for filling out portions of the EGO Grid, such as maxing one of the 4 major EGO Abilities. I think the confusion here is that some of those are linked to Pursuits, and they are just seeing the EGO rating raise when they fill out part of the Grid that triggers a Pursuit completion.

3.) "Each EGO power that you max out will give you 50 EGO rating and each maxed out perk will give you 30 EGO rating." = Totally Incorrect

4,) "The experience part of EGO tops out at around 2600 EGO." - Posted by a Senior Member here early in the release days. Seems to be untrue? Is there a cap to regular EXP bar filling?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can verify these items or add additional information!

Jack The Bear
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Yea i've heard the EXP Bar tops out when around enough EGO Perks to unlock all of the Perks, i think someone confirmed it but I don't know where it was.

Ryme
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I remember before release one of the previews mentioned you could get every perk, but not sure if they meant you could max them all tool .

Gnu
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
3.) "Each EGO power that you max out will give you 50 EGO rating and each maxed out perk will give you 30 EGO rating." = Totally Incorrect

Ok, now I see what this means. It is the other way around from how it is written.

Each time you fill the EXP bar you get 1 EGO point to spend in the Grid, and +10 EGO rating.

To max one of the Powers, you will also, consequently, have spent 5 EGO points and have gained 50 EGO rating (from filing the EXP bar 5 times.)

Same thing with 3 EGO points per reguler perk, consequently gaining 30 EGO rating from filling the EXP bar 3 times.

In reality, you are just filling the EXP bar, for +1 EGO point and +10 EGO rating each time.

Gnu
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Season 2 will presumably have additional pursuits and therefore raise the MAX EGO rating?

The Episode 1,2 and 3 pursuits reward EGO rating. So you can expect the MAX EGO rating will continually get higher as more content is added.