PDA

View Full Version : How about some real 1.014 patch notes?

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Patch 1.014 - Final Patch Notes

As our team works towards the next major patch release 1.020 (details coming soon). We are working to provide smaller updates and hot-fix issues that can be addressed server side only.

DEFIANCE Patch 1.014

- Freight Yard is back...again.
- Svushinnira, “the rain of pollution”, grows ever more severe. Horribly mutated Hellbugs dot the Paradise landscape as the Hellbug mating season continues. Nano-effect imbued Hellbugs are now more common and many familiar encounters now carry a new and dangerous change. This includes more Electric and Syphon Monarchs and mutated Hellbugs now appearing at Parraba Ranch, Happy Pow, Bug Basin, Ridgecrest Mine, Big Stone Reach, and Diablo Station.
- Completing Ranks of Echelon now gives you a second outfit to equip in competitive matches.
- Some EGO rating 1900 to 2000 weapons were not getting their rarity bonus’s appropriately. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when hitting Ctrl-Q.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resetting missions.
- Fixed a crash associated with Dogtown Mine.
- Removed some of the level up spam that happened upon load in.

AND

-Shotgun +mag bonuses no longer give direct mag size increases (such as +5 and +9), but now multiply the current mag size (such as x1.05 and x1.10).
-Vehicle prices at vehicle vendors have been increased substantially.
-Vehicle vendors now have vehicle specials.
-Vehicle specials no longer appear at the discounted price of 500 scrip, and instead reflect a price slightly lower than normal.
-XP and Keycode rewards upon completion of Mine 99 have been cut in half.
-The contract "Svushinnira: Thinning the Herd" is no longer a requisite for completing the "Unconventional Methods" pursuit.

Blackwolfe
05-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I can see it now.

Somewhere in the dark dungeons of the trion offices, a dev gets a weird feeling in his gut. *GASP*

The dev runs to sledgehammer, grabbing him by the shoulders and stares panicked into sledgehammers eyes. "They know the truth. The truth that was never to be known.

Sledgehammer: Quick, to the lock(threads)mobile!

Unfresh
05-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Idk if its just heavy scattergun shotguns or all but mag size has been lowered it went frok 17 to 9 *no mod*

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Any bets on who it will be to lock the thread? I have 5 scrip on Tyrannos.

Omnifarious Xji
05-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Damn, 30k for a dune buggy now! At least all the stores have specials now. Seeing lots of Challenger/Dunis in the list. Just got my white Duni finally.

Agonist
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Wasn't there a patch exactly like this in alpha? Suddenly all the specials were vehicles and a whole other mess of things. I specifically remember something exactly like this.

Quebra Regra
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
We've all heard the complaints about the shotguns... To be frank #$&*% PVP, so I don't care.

if yer telling me ALL magazines have been decreased the we have a SERIOUS problem!!!!

It may be time to suggest a strike of sorts, against the game and the show simultaneously... Leveraging them both against the other to get some of the nonsense resolved.

Consider the player base backlash for the MASS EFFECT 3 ending, and that was only vocal and publicity.

Seriously, I want to support this game, but nerfing @&%^ already has to stop, and the focus change to dealing with REAL bugs.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
We've all heard the complaints about the shotguns... To be frank #$&*% PVP, so I don't care.

if yer telling me ALL magazines have been decreased the we have a SERIOUS problem!!!!

It may be time to suggest a strike of sorts, against the game and the show simultaneously... Leveraging them both against the other to get some of the nonsense resolved.

Consider the player base backlash for the MASS EFFECT 3 ending, and that was only vocal and publicity.

Seriously, I want to support this game, but nerfing @&%^ already has to stop, and the focus change to dealing with REAL bugs.

I have to ask because it's been bugging me: Are you moving really fast or sitting still in your avatar picture?

Lahlaos
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Its a mini patch come on guys.....
god this moaning needs to stop, so much miserable spam im missing the good threads.
I come here to enjoy not to moan...

Grant
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130318220544/spartacus/images/7/7b/Crassus_-5.jpg

Sledgehammer: We will give them this patch notes ...

- Freight Yard is back...again.
- Svushinnira, “the rain of pollution”, grows ever more severe. Horribly mutated Hellbugs dot the Paradise landscape as the Hellbug mating season continues. Nano-effect imbued Hellbugs are now more common and many familiar encounters now carry a new and dangerous change. This includes more Electric and Syphon Monarchs and mutated Hellbugs now appearing at Parraba Ranch, Happy Pow, Bug Basin, Ridgecrest Mine, Big Stone Reach, and Diablo Station.
- Completing Ranks of Echelon now gives you a second outfit to equip in competitive matches.
- Some EGO rating 1900 to 2000 weapons were not getting their rarity bonus’s appropriately. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when hitting Ctrl-Q.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resetting missions.
- Fixed a crash associated with Dogtown Mine.
- Removed some of the level up spam that happened upon load in.

http://thebacklot.mtvnimages.com/uploads/2013/03/SpartacusWODIMG021.jpg?quality=0.7

IntenseSpirit:

AND

-Shotgun +mag bonuses no longer give direct mag size increases (such as +5 and +9), but now multiply the current mag size (such as x1.05 and x1.10).
-Vehicle specials no longer appear at the discounted price of 500 scrip, and instead reflect a price slightly lower than normal.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStzVW0MixVzH3PtESQBYY77hFnICZy9 LOiG7T-Y9dUEuC9vKUb5g

Players: You scre w game again!

Jester
Any bets on who it will be to lock the thread? I have 5 scrip on Tyrannos.

I'll take that bet. :)

Arsenic_Touch
god this moaning needs to stop, so much miserable spam im missing the good threads.

Yet, here you are moaning. The irony is oozing from your post.
Though do tell us how a mini patch makes this shtako acceptable?

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM

Excuse me, sir, but I do believe that my thread was created with the intention of informing the public. Simply because I did not prefix my title with something like "PSI" for fear that it would be misinterpreted as "pounds per square inch" does not change that.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I'll take that bet. :)

Well played...

Blackwolfe
05-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Its a minipatch where half the patchnotes are missing, despite sledgehammer claiming that nothing in ninjaed in. Then we also have the case of the BIG 1.010 patch, where alot of stuff claimed to be fixed/added/ect never actually seems to have made it into the game.

JugsOfHolyness
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Uh...my auto shotty has a 15-clip without any special effects (it's level 20 and I'm level 100), has this been nerfed?

Also, it seems they simply forgot to put it in the patch notes. Interpret that how you will.

BubbaKeg
05-08-2013, 03:26 PM
and where is Frieght Yard? is it not supposed to be its own arena? I log in only to try this, and its never there... Twice its been in their patch notes now.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Uh...my auto shotty has a 15-clip without any special effects (it's level 20 and I'm level 100), has this been nerfed?

Also, it seems they simply forgot to put it in the patch notes. Interpret that how you will.

What was changed was the inherent "+5" and "+9" mag bonuses listed above the gun's stats (assuming the gun had them in the first place). 15 mag size is normal for a combat shotgun.

DustOfDeath
05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
qq, moaning.. .what ever you call it... but if its up to 90% of the forum posts SOMETHING is wrong and not right about the game.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:27 PM
and where is Frieght Yard? is it not supposed to be its own arena? I log in only to try this, and its never there... Twice its been in their patch notes now.

Freight yard was removed again (I assume it was because of freezing issues).

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:29 PM
From an optimistic point of view, since the in-game economy nearly doubled the price of vehicles, Nomads are 50% off!

JugsOfHolyness
05-08-2013, 03:32 PM
What was changed was the inherent "+5" and "+9" mag bonuses listed above the gun's stats (assuming the gun had them in the first place). 15 mag size is normal for a combat shotgun.

Oh snaps I'm cool then, as long as the (quite possible) incoming nerf to Infectors because of PvP (which I might add, is a horrible horrible way to balance, in addition to pissing off ppl who don't PvP) is similarly "small" I'll still love this game.

I'm only Ego 100 and don't have any special weapons yet (Grenade Launcher, Chain Lightning gun, Infector etc) and would be sorely disappointed when I finally get them that they're nerfed cuz of PvP (unless it's a small change like the Auto Shotty).

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
You shalt not pass

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
From an optimistic point of view, since the in-game economy nearly doubled the price of vehicles, Nomads are 50% off!

Doubled? Heck, if I'm remembering right Runners are 10x more expensive now.

Agonist
05-08-2013, 03:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/x0ml8.png

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Always blame the semicolons. They're evil. Like Furbies.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM

OMG you don't know how many times that's happened to me I'm a Computer Engineering major.

Clarkeh
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Its been year since i have seen a patchnotes which list everything that was changed, i don't know why they don't just come clean about it, transparency will gain you some brownie points.

JugsOfHolyness
05-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Its been year since i have seen a patchnotes which list everything that was changed, i don't know why they don't just come clean about it, transparency will gain you some brownie points.

They forgot?

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:46 PM
They forgot?

No disrespect meant here, but I highly doubt that they would just forget so many major changes.

Blackwolfe
05-08-2013, 03:49 PM
What we need is an actual dev to comment on this. Next we need a proper word on this on the community blog..

aRtFuL
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Just wanted to clarify, which Mine 99 are you talking about? The location Mine 99 or the Co-op instance Mine 99?

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to clarify, which Mine 99 are you talking about? The location Mine 99 or the Co-op instance Mine 99?

I believe the two are one and the same.

Brick
05-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Incomplete patch notes are not uncommon, but a few of these are pretty big.

Not...a positive sign. Slipping in nerfs to favorite weapons/grinds.

Communication, Trion.

Sigh.

Talon Swiftshot
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Sure they were ninja'd, but I deem them justifiable nerfs so I'll allow it. Next!

Kross
05-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I have a legendary grind fragger that has 2 different + clip bonuses on it.. The base clip is 12 and with the 2 new mag additions both 1.10 and 1.05 respectively instead of having a total of 24 I now have 12.. The same as the base clip.. 2 bonuses no clip addition.. Sigh

aRtFuL
05-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I believe the two are one and the same.

There is a world location of Mine 99 and there is a Co-op map only Mine 99 (Motherlode I think it was)

Blackwolfe
05-08-2013, 04:06 PM
There is a world location of Mine 99 and there is a Co-op map only Mine 99 (Motherlode I think it was)

Correct. Motherlode and the Mine 99 coop are one and the same. The mine 99 world location is completely separate and pretty much unrelated and has an "open mission", which is to destroy 99er parts and then erase some data at the end.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
My bad. I consider the latter to be "The Motherlode" so to answer your question again, the world location.

Hiero Glyph
05-08-2013, 04:10 PM
For the record, this isn't the first time that Trion has nerfed soemthing without informing the community. In patch 1.010 Trion nerfed the legendary Detonator's +mag bonus (which was listed in the patch notes) and also nerfed the legendary Launcher's +mag bonus (which was not listed in the patch notes). Either Trion is making mistakes or they really are hiding their changes from the community.

nnja303
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Maybe it's just a game... "let's see if the community can find everything we left out of the patch notes.". I wonder what the prize will be!

Clarkeh
05-08-2013, 04:14 PM
With a sensible head on i think maybe these stealth nerfs may have slipped in by accident and weren't supposed to be in yet.

Fatalmephisto
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
So they didn't put up the undocumented changes. MMO has been doing this for years. Nothing new, i will say this. It's about damn time they did something to try and get people to start using other weapons in PVP. Thank you TRION.

Hiero Glyph
05-08-2013, 04:19 PM
So they didn't put up the undocumented changes. MMO has been doing this for years. Nothing new, i will say this. It's about damn time they did something to try and get people to start using other weapons in PVP. Thank you TRION.

The issue is that Sledge stated that Trion does not ninja any changes. I don't mind Trion making changes to the game but I do mind being lied to, particularly because of the vehicle change.

jjj0309
Great. More Stealth patch that makes game more ****tier.
I've lost all my faith in Trion.

IntenseSpirit

I agree that shotguns are overused in PvP, but this isn't the best way to handle it. I doubt it will make any change at all.

Fatalmephisto
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
The issue is that Sledge stated that Trion does not ninja any changes. I don't mind Trion making changes to the game but I do mind being lied to, particularly because of the vehicle change.

Lowering down the magazine size for Shutguns isn't a really big nerf. Nerfing the damage would count but not magazine size. So what you have to reload more often. Come on now really? Don't be so damn lazy.

I will say this, if thats what the nerf is. If its not damage related, its not a nerf.

Clarkeh
05-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Lowering down the magazine size for Shutguns isn't a really big nerf. Nerfing the damage would count but not magazine size. So what you have to reload more often. Come on now really? Don't be so damn lazy.

I will say this, if thats what the nerf is. If its not damage related, its not a nerf.

Limit cloak ability+ ego cloak damage modifiers and we may see a slight improvement, shotguns themselves aren't the big issue i think.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Normally I would agree with you, but the way that the mag stats are post-patch leaves many guns with useless bonus abilities, as an extra 5% mag size does not even amount to a single extra shell.

Fatalmephisto
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Normally I would agree with you, but the way that the mag stats are post-patch leaves many guns with useless bonus abilities, as an extra 5% mag size does not even amount to an extra shell in the mag.

is that also effect as well outside PVP?

aRtFuL
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
My bad. I consider the latter to be "The Motherlode" so to answer your question again, the world location.

Ah ic ic thanks for that.

But I thought Mine 99 doesn't give us much keycodes anyways? (only 1 or 2?)

And for that same amount of time required to wait for it to spawn... might as well do an arkfall or co-op :P

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
is that also effect as well outside PVP?

It affects all shotguns, be they in PvE or PvP.

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I can see it now.

Somewhere in the dark dungeons of the trion offices, a dev gets a weird feeling in his gut. *GASP*

The dev runs to sledgehammer, grabbing him by the shoulders and stares panicked into sledgehammers eyes. "They know the truth. The truth that was never to be known.

Sledgehammer: Quick, to the lock(threads)mobile!

http://i.qkme.me/352ima.jpg

Covington
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I just wanna be in before the lock for once!

Fatalmephisto
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
It affects all shotguns, be they in PvE or PvP.

Ummm, ill have to find a shotgun that has a bonus of mag on it to see for myself. The one i have my purple auto fragger doesn't have a bonus to mag on it. ether way, I like the change to it. Yet people will still use them in PvP and dominate. SMG are starting to become a better fix for some.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 04:34 PM
I just wanna be in before the lock for once!

I don't think that a lock is imminent. Most of the conversation is constructive and respectful, and if you read a few pages back, a moderator joked with us about it, so I'll consider that an unofficial "thumbs up."

SteveMND
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM

Well, there's yer problem right there. Never go to a game forum to enjoy yourself. The overwhelming majority on any game forum are whiners or sycophants. Good luck separating the wheat from the chaff around here.

Satsuki
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I have a legendary grind fragger that has 2 different + clip bonuses on it.. The base clip is 12 and with the 2 new mag additions both 1.10 and 1.05 respectively instead of having a total of 24 I now have 12.. The same as the base clip.. 2 bonuses no clip addition.. Sigh

You know with that being the case, and shotgun clips being fairly low capacity to start with (So a +1.1, +1.05 bonus wouldn't even add up to a whole extra bullet), it could be that this is a new glitch or mistake and not a nerf at all.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I didn't mean it Lahlaos, I wouldn't risk closing my buddy Spirit's thread like that.

I appreciate that, Steve.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I appreciate this thread. I have long noticed that each patch introduced stealth changes (positive and negative). Reminds me of when I played Age of Conan. Funcom would release "official patch notes," and then patch the game. Players then spent the next few hours reporting to a "unnofficial changes thread" that a user compiled all the changes into. That list was almost always LONGER then the official ones. I seriously do not understand stealth changes. If Trion is afraid of people raging, they are going to rage anyways! People find out by playing the game. I actually support the changes not listed, but I would still like to see Trion actually post all the changes that are made. Guess we should start doing the same thing we had to do with Age of Conan :(

SYN BLACK XS
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Watch out, I hear sawed-off's are going down to 1 barrel

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
-The contract "Svushinnira: Thinning the Herd" is no longer a requisite for completing the "Unconventional Methods" pursuit.

A new secret has been unveiled!

StickyChief
05-08-2013, 05:39 PM

Lol this post made me laugh. Does this excuse not mentioning it in the patch notes? Super fans will get at anything to defend this game.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Lol this post made me laugh. Does this excuse not mentioning it in the patch notes? Super fans will get at anything to defend this game.

Now, now, none of that Chief. Apologize to Mr. Mephisto.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry Mephisto I didn't mean what I said.

See? No reason why we can't all be friendly.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
seems way they want to do patch notes is:
1 show few "good" changes (that still don't work)
2 show bunch of small non-necessary changs (hit or miss whether they work)
3 don't show any nerfs (hope no one notices)
4 don't show removing rewards (hope the grind will keep people playing)
5 make sure patches break more than they fix
6 don't comment or explain reasons for changes

all I know is I'm glad I'm taking a break from the game. hope dlc gives reason to come back but seeing how things have gone I don't have much hope (especially considering paid for dlc)

Sledgehammer70
05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:49 PM
seems way they want to do patch notes is:
1 show few "good" changes (that still don't work)
2 show bunch of small non-necessary changs (hit or miss whether they work)
3 don't show any nerfs (hope no one notices)
4 don't show removing rewards (hope the grind will keep people playing)
5 make sure patches break more than they fix
6 don't comment or explain reasons for changes

all I know is I'm glad I'm taking a break from the game. hope dlc gives reason to come back but seeing how things have gone I don't have much hope (especially considering paid for dlc)

You should wait until they release all of the DLC. I bet you a fivepence that:
you'll be all "OMG there's so much content"
then I'll be all "fronchie"
then you'll be all "what does that mean"
then I'll be all "I don't know but I have a farmer friend who might"
then you'll be all "never mind I'll just make up a meaning for it in my head"
then I'll be like "cool but don't tell anyone otherwise it won't come true"
(more or less)

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:50 PM
see here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-patch-1.014-final-patch-notes

New Challengers? We love you Sledge!!!!!!!!!!

Mattias Nilsson
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes
I love the attempt to save face, too little to late sir. On a serious note when are you guys at trion going to stop removing fun from the game? Can I get an answer on that?

nnja303
05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for clearing things up sledge.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I love the attempt to save face, too little to late sir. On a serious note when are you guys at trion going to stop removing fun from the game? Can I get an answer on that?

Now Sledgehammer and everyone else at Trion are working very hard. I think Sledge deserves an apology...

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry Sledge... Spirit made me see the error in my ways and from now on all of my comments will be respectful and courteous.

That was very nice, Matt.

Mattias Nilsson
05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
That was very nice, Matt.
No I think not, I was truly enjoying this game the first two weeks despite the server issues, I kept telling everyone that it would get better. Now I have to sit and eat my words because of the downward spiral this game has become, so until they draft a formal apology for me and everyone else they've rooked, there will be no apology here.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Another patch note for the list:

-Removed the Thinning the Herd Contract requirement from the Episode: Svushinnira - Unconventional Methods. You can now fully complete this Episode pursuit.

Also, thanks Sledge for the update!

Multigun
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
No I think not, I was truly enjoying this game the first two weeks despite the server issues, I kept telling everyone that it would get better. Now I have to sit and eat my words because of the downward spiral this game has become, so until they draft a formal apology for me and everyone else they've rooked, there will be no apology here.

Didn't they already do that (see blog posts)? Do you want them to get on their hands and knee's and beg for forgiveness that they didn't meet "your" requirements?

Hiero Glyph
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Now Sledgehammer and everyone else at Trion are working very hard. I think Sledge deserves an apology...

An apology for what... collectively hurting the game by doubling the prices of vehicles with no warning and removing them as affordable specials? Players that found these as specials benefitted greatly by saving ~15k each while everyone else is now forced to pay ridiculous prices for skins. It would have been fine to leave the $500 special at vehicles vendors but making it rare. Instead Trion just screwed over anyone who was not lucky enough to find them at the previous special price.

The worst part is that this change happened directly after an event where Trion was critiqued for trying to push overpriced vehicles on the community. So instead of making the Challenger prices more in line with the rest, Trion doubles the regular prices and makes the specials cost 30x as much. This demonstrates how poorly this game was tested in the alpha/beta stages if Trion is just now realizing that the special event vehicles were grossly out of line with the rest of the game.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Good catch but I have already noticed that omission and added it to the OP.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Good catch but I have already noticed that omission and added it to the OP.

Woops so you did lol. I was lazy and didn't check since the last time I looked at your thread. Thanks for the update either way :)

Might want to post a link to Sledgehammer's patch update as well?

"We unfortunately missed a few items that were pushed live in today's 1.014 patch. The affects this had were significant to some of our players and we apologize for this oversight. We also had a shotgun magazine mod adjustment that was incorrectly applied, this will be adjusted to pre-patch settings in a hot fix in the next 48 hours.

I would however like to note that our design team is looking at weapons and mods and how those items affect gameplay vs. all the other weapons in the game. While this magazine mod was not meant to go live, we will be addressing balancing shotguns as needed in upcoming patches. With these changes you can look forward to some in-depth details on why changes are being made.

Added Patch 1.014 Notes:
- Vehicles can now only be found as specials on vehicle vendors.
- Vehicle special price has been increased.
- Additional Challenger variants added.
- Mine 99 rewards have been reduced.

"

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Woops so you did lol. I was lazy and didn't check since the last time I looked at your thread. Thanks for the update either way :)

Might want to post a link to Sledgehammer's patch update as well?

"We unfortunately missed a few items that were pushed live in today's 1.014 patch. The affects this had were significant to some of our players and we apologize for this oversight. We also had a shotgun magazine mod adjustment that was incorrectly applied, this will be adjusted to pre-patch settings in a hot fix in the next 48 hours.

I would however like to note that our design team is looking at weapons and mods and how those items affect gameplay vs. all the other weapons in the game. While this magazine mod was not meant to go live, we will be addressing balancing shotguns as needed in upcoming patches. With these changes you can look forward to some in-depth details on why changes are being made.

Added Patch 1.014 Notes:
- Vehicles can now only be found as specials on vehicle vendors.
- Vehicle special price has been increased.
- Additional Challenger variants added.
- Mine 99 rewards have been reduced.

"

Sledge linked it in person on page 7.

Spalz
05-08-2013, 06:52 PM
The vehicles should cost more. I have hundreds of thousands of scrip with nothing to do to with it (I have never used a boost and have only played through the main story once.) The vehicles are not overpriced if anything they are under priced. In this wasteland word vehicles would not and should not be cheap. $50,000 minimum for cars $15,000-20,000 for ATVs The game gives you vehicles overtime through the story missions to help the new players along, but by half way through the game you should have enough for whatever you want

SuitcoatAvenger
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Wait, they lowered the mag size on heavy scatterguns? Why? If you run dry they take forever to load. That's the balance: really strong upfront, but better have a second weapon to switch to in the middle of a fight.

And they did it for PVP? Great. Fantastic.

The heavy scattergun has been my bread and butter from day one. Having a ten shell mag made it super useful for taking down Bulwarks and other bullet sponges. Man, they better not nerf the Wolfhound...

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 06:55 PM
If you have so much money... can I have some?

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:02 PM
The vehicles should cost more. I have hundreds of thousands of scrip with nothing to do to with it (I have never used a boost and have only played through the main story once.) The vehicles are not overpriced if anything they are under priced. In this wasteland word vehicles would not and should not be cheap. $50,000 minimum for cars $15,000-20,000 for ATVs The game gives you vehicles overtime through the story missions to help the new players along, but by half way through the game you should have enough for whatever you want

TL;DR: I have all the vehicles I want and more than enough money to buy more so idgaf about anyone else.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 07:04 PM
They didn't lower mag sizes, they just modified the way that +mag "bonus rolls" behave. They said backsies though so it's all good.

Spalz
05-08-2013, 07:19 PM
If you have so much money... can I have some?

I like my money even though I have no idea what to do with it

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
But I just gave you an idea!

Kiserai
05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
The corrected patch notes are still missing some of the changes. That's...not encouraging.

J_matt
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
They also forgot to mention that they changed the climbing the ranks of echelon outfit it looks wierder now

cusman
05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
AND

Well they also just teased the Freight Yard... I actually got into a match for it with bunch of other people and none of us could see/fight each other or do anything else. It was just a large desolate map with nothing to do.

Someone at Trion should be really embarrassed about the Freight Yard

Multigun
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Well they also just teased the Freight Yard... I actually got into a match for it with bunch of other people and none of us could see/fight each other or do anything else. It was just a large desolate map with nothing to do.

Someone at Trion should be really embarrassed about the Freight Yard

Freight Yard isn't available anymore (again). What you experienced was a bug involving quick match. Don't que up via quick match and you won't see this next time (yes I am aware that it is silly, but it's a work around).

Multigun
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
They also forgot to mention that they changed the climbing the ranks of echelon outfit it looks wierder now

No they didn't. It was in the original patch notes.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Sledge linked it in person on page 7.

Yes I know. However, people aren't going to read through page 7. They barely even check the dev tracker half the time.

StickyChief
05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Now, now, none of that Chief. Apologize to Mr. Mephisto.

I apologize Mr.Mephisto

sarazeff
05-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Still no CHAT SYSTEM FIX !!!!!!!!!

Zabuza
05-09-2013, 05:49 AM

SAME. DAMN. PROBLEM. FRC Scatter gun had both, gave me 21 in clip. Now that is cool an all but even I think that's a little too many shots and it really doesn't matter with the way it reloads, but having 21 shots made it legendary. Now it has a 8 shot magazine and 2 useless stats, that combined, still barely give me a single extra shell.
How is 1 shell worthy of legendary status? Anything with less than 20 mag shouldn't receive x1.05 mag. 1 bullet? 1 extra bullet?

Now I have a rocket launcher and shotgun with mucked up stats that no one wants to trade for.
I could try trick someone to trade them these broken items, because the name makes them seemingly look good. Instead, I try to do good, honest business. I don't try to trade or sell broken items, I mean I'm not Trion, right?

Clarkeh
05-09-2013, 05:50 AM
You can possibly add this to the unofficial patch notes:

'Svushinnira: Thinning the Herd' This pursuit has been removed temporarily from the Unconventional Methods Pursuit.

Houngan
05-09-2013, 06:04 AM
If the problem is that we have too much cash, I would have preferred they added more things worth buying over doubling the prices of things we already had.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-09-2013, 06:22 AM

If they only nerfed them for PvP, that would almost make sense except for the part about them not telling anyone what they're doing.

The thing is, I don't give a flying jek about PvP balance, because I don't give a flying jek about PvP. I don't want their stupid system message PvP spam. I don't want their stupid PvP nerfs. If they want to waste dev time fiddling around with PvP instead of fixing bugs, they seriously need to implement separate weapon stats for PvP.

Zabuza
05-09-2013, 07:33 AM
How can we even trust they are really working on anything? Someone there is taking shortcuts and not doing math.

Solid examples.
Changing shotgun +5 mag bonus into x1.05 mag. Well the gun originally has 7 rounds.
Well 5% of 7 is 0.35
Not even a full round. The gun must have 20 stock for any bonus.

Changing shotgun +9 mag bonus into x1.10 mag. Again stock has 7 rounds.
10% of 7 is 0.7
Again, not a full shell, and it doesn't round to the highest number. Gun must have 10 stock for any bonus. By any I mean 1 bullet.

That is simple math. Now, how am I supposed to trust their programming?

They might as well just deleted the stat. Just do away with the stat and replace it with something viable.

Quebra Regra
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
I have to ask because it's been bugging me: Are you moving really fast or sitting still in your avatar picture?

I'm actually moving backward ;)

Huh, kinda funny, I never noticed but you can actually see the spokes! It's not even a good camera, not sure how it got them in focus while in motion.

Cool!

Mattias Nilsson
05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
How can we even trust they are really working on anything? Someone there is taking shortcuts and not doing math.

Solid examples.
Changing shotgun +5 mag bonus into x1.05 mag. Well the gun originally has 7 rounds.
Well 5% of 7 is 0.35
Not even a full round. The gun must have 20 stock for any bonus.

Changing shotgun +9 mag bonus into x1.10 mag. Again stock has 7 rounds.
10% of 7 is 0.7
Again, not a full shell, and it doesn't round to the highest number. Gun must have 10 stock for any bonus. By any I mean 1 bullet.

That is simple math. Now, how am I supposed to trust their programming?

They might as well just deleted the stat. Just do away with the stat and replace it with something viable.
Thank you for pointing this out and saving me the time, I just looked at my heavy scattergun today and realized the stupidity involved.

CosmicDebri
05-09-2013, 03:42 PM
And what's that new mystery icon under your shields, health etc up there?? The one with no bar next to it, and wasn't there until I logged in yesterday??
:confused: