PDA

View Full Version : Infectors shouldn't be allowed in PvP, anyway...

Victim Eyes
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I think all weapons with homing properties should be removed from competitive matches.

Auto-aim gets forced off(not like I even use it). So why not weapons with similar characteristics?

crashtestgamer
05-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I only started using it because everyone in freight yard had one and I wanted to even the playing field.

fang1192
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I completely agree with OP.

Ninno20
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I dont think they should remove it completely. But i do think it would have been a good idea to remove it while they fix the issues it causes rather then remove a whole map.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Infectors are a horrible scourge to PvP. I'm confounded by a shotgun ninja nerf (really?), but I would totally have expected to see a nerf to the Immunizer and other infectors by now... the fact that this hasn't been addressed yet is, well, even more confounding than ninja shotgun nerfs.

I mean, seriously? Someone thought "a gun with homing capabilities! This is gonna be GREAT for PvP! We'll give it a DoT, and then have it created growths that essentially render stealth useless, AND block players vision. Oh, and then the bugs that hatch will be CRAZY good damage. Lastly, we'll have to put in a broken mod that allows these awesome weapons to totally dominate."

...and everyone else at the table thought this would be a GOOD thing?

I'm not even talking about Freight Yard and the alleged crash infectors have caused. I just mean, in PvP overall. This gun is just horribly designed.

JugsOfHolyness
05-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Here we go, more PvE nerfs.

fang1192
05-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Youre telling me you need a homing weapon in PvE? Infectors are barely effective in PvE except as a niche.

Personally, i think they should remove the homing and make them fire like a normal gun. Same damage, same effect, just more skill based. Also, remove the growth - it blocks half the screen.

Zuul
05-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope they don't cave and remove it from PvP entirely, it's my favorite weapon and that would put a damper on things for me!

If they do decide to cave due to all the crying, I'd hope it'd at least be in the way of sensible re-balancing instead of outright removal... maybe something like remove homing, greatly increase mag size to compensate. Anything besides removal or outright obliteration of the weapon!

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Vehicles shouldn't be allowed in pvp yet you don't hear people crying for their removal.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 03:31 PM
i killed several people using the infecters lol hey i had to get it to level 10

Hiero Glyph
05-08-2013, 03:32 PM
I hope they don't cave and remove it from PvP entirely, it's my favorite weapon and that would put a damper on things for me!

If they do decide to cave due to all the crying, I'd hope it'd at least be in the way of sensible re-balancing instead of outright removal... maybe something like remove homing, greatly increase mag size to compensate. Anything besides removal or outright obliteration of the weapon!

To balance it they just need to increase the incubation period and give players a way to cancel the infection, similar to rolling to remove nano effects.

thejx4
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Here we go, more PvE nerfs.

They'd have to be pretty silly not to build a system where they can tweak stats separately. It's so simple, I wish they would have taken more ideas from DCUO. You have health and then toughness, which is how much damage you can take in PvE and PvP respectively. Wouldn't be hard to do for damage output.

But yeah, they just need a nerf in COMPETITIVE PVP. I don't think Comp PVP nerfs should effect SW. But with so many different weapons types and combinations of stats, how do you nerf it? Range decrease? Damage decrease? That makes the already sucky Infectors even worse? Maybe it'd be relative to base stats. If the homing range is 40, downgrade to 30. If the homing range is 17, downgrade to 13.

EnabrimGFC
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I dont think they should remove it completely. But i do think it would have been a good idea to remove it while they fix the issues it causes rather then remove a whole map.

Reduce homing range = problem solved. Infectors with 20 homing range are disgusting. 10 and below is more then tolerable. Its like a Needler.

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM

The only infector that right now causes the issue, is the immunizor, I love the gun but I shouldn't be getting hit with it outside of the draw distance.

Zuul
05-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Thing about rolling out of nano effects, the weapons causing those effects are still doing great damage. Infectors only have their DoT and bugs. Nerfing those would debilitate the weapon imo. Homing seems to be the big issue here, figured balancing that out for a larger mag size would appease both sides.

Wtflag
05-08-2013, 03:36 PM
All guns should be allowed in a balanced state.

If you think it is OP, use it yourself until they nerf it.

Victim Eyes
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Vehicles shouldn't be allowed in pvp yet you don't hear people crying for their removal.

who even plays Shadow Wars?

Raico Sansin
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I think bullet damage should be turned off....

Clarkeh
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I think all weapons with homing properties should be removed from competitive matches.

Auto-aim gets forced off(not like I even use it). So why not weapons with similar characteristics?

I like this post and approve of what hes saying.

Tornad0s
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
They must do something with infectors and especially about infectors in pvp. I hope for next patch.

Genfar
05-08-2013, 03:45 PM
To be honest infectors do not need homing though they should take that off them and change the homing range to reliable range.

I will say that if they took homing off them I could still use them just as good in pve plus I mean this would make having to aim and compesate distance needed I currently do not use them cause they make me feel like they are too easy to use.

Everything else with them is fine by me but they do not need homing though to be effective.

Jack Johnson
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
There are a number of changes I'd like to see happen with PvP. A nerf to IMMUNIZERS (not infectors, most of them are useless aside from the immunizer and the canker for PvE) and a nerf to stealth are among them.

Nerfing infectors without nerfing stealth is just going to make stealth run rampant again. I personally find it nice that the enemy either has to actually evade my LOS or kill me to walk away from a fight.

thejx4
05-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Reduce homing range = problem solved. Infectors with 20 homing range are disgusting. 10 and below is more then tolerable. Its like a Needler.

I guess you haven't seen the ones with 40?? haha

But yeah, less damage over a further range would be nice to.