PDA

View Full Version : PSA you can't sue trion so stop talking about it

Rehpic CGX
05-08-2013, 03:10 PM
You can as a consumer report them to the better business bureau though

Arsenic_Touch
05-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Because we all know the better business bureau means anything. If it did, EA would be out of business.

Rehpic CGX
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
All it takes for us to do nothing to get walked on

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Because we all know the better business bureau means anything. If it did, EA would be out of business.

I thought EA bought out the BBB and fired all the staff...

Sanguinesun
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
If you want to bring change to how consumers are treated with regards to products that actually has teeth, you need to hit your state and federal legislators and lobby for changes/additions of consumer protection laws. Other than that, your only option is to simply not patronize a company that you were done wrong by.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
If you want to bring change to how consumers are treated with regards to products that actually has teeth, you need to hit your state and federal legislators and lobby for changes/additions of consumer protection laws. Other than that, your only option is to simply not patronize a company that you were done wrong by.

Oh God no.

Please do not get politicians involved in video games, that never turns out well for anybody.

Orge Lambart
05-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Come on guy, I'd love to see someone try, the resulting youtube video would be so much fun

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Does the game have flaws? Yes.

Is it buggier than Angel Island after arkfall? Yes.

Did Trion false advertise this game? No.

Did Defiance not live up to your expectations? only you can answer this.

Do you have a legal footing to stand on? No. They delivered a game that is a shooter, that you play with thousands of other players(massively multiplayer). Any of your personal feelings as to them wronging you don't make a lick of difference. All you can do is trade in/trash the game and never buy from Trion again.

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh God no.

Please do not get politicians involved in video games, that never turns out well for anybody.

Agreed with this. Last thing we need is the government sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

Covington
05-08-2013, 04:00 PM

And... THIS

So true so true.

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-08-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/general-merchandise-retail/trion-worlds-in-redwood-city-ca-373637/complaints

OldDirtyGamer
05-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Just an aside, you can actually class-action lawsuit any game corporation. All the EULA states is that if you do, you void the agreement between the two parties regarding the software and no longer hold license claim to use it. Basically, Trion Worlds holds the right to cancel your access to the game if you sue them.

Just posting that for clarification.

Rehpic CGX
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Go figure trion isn't accredited

A s0t
05-08-2013, 04:19 PM
You can as a consumer report them to the better business bureau thoughyes you can, but there lawyers are gonna pwn you with a shotgun/invisible combo

XGC Cipher
05-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Well I'm going to cs in the morning seeking a full refund if they can't help ill go to th BBB not like I got anything more to lose

Shandri
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Go figure trion isn't accredited

All BBB accredidation is pretty much in a nutshell is you pay a decent-sized fee to have "BBB Accredited business" tagged to your business name on the site, an icon that says "BBB Accredited business" that you can put up on your merchant pages, and you auto-bump your business up a letter grade. It's nothing more than that, and only proves that the BBB skews ratings for cash.

Even more fun...the BBB branches in the different states do not communicate with each other aparrently, so if you have a BBB contact, and become Accredited in one state...it is absolutely meaningless in another state as they maintain their records separately. I don't put a lot of faith in BBB ratings. I will look up FTC complaints if I don't trust a business though.