PDA

View Full Version : Lock Boxes..

VonTreece
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
My reaction every time I open a Tier 4 Lock Box...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wuhwhat.gif

So today I opened up my 77th Tier 4 lock box.. I still have yet to get a single orange..

All I ever get are greens and blues and rarely purples..

They need to fix this. Keycodes take a while to farm up to 64. (without exploiting the game)
And after all that work, all we get is a few blues and greens?..

I don't know.. Maybe it's just my luck..

Seems to me like they're really pushing us to buy bits for lock boxes.. Which i'll never do.
The instant this game starts to feel like a P2W, I'm done. Simple as that.

/rantover

crasher
05-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I have 3 oranges. (My keys hit 75 and don't double-coupon, so I lose them more often than I remember to use them.)
I don't use them.
They don't fit my needs.

I'm in negotiations now with someone who can appreciate them more than me.

Traxx
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I have only gotten a few Orange from lock boxes, but I have never gotten one another way. It seems, as skimpy as this option is, it 's the only way. Can anyone give me another way to get Orange?

VonTreece
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I have only gotten a few Orange from lock boxes, but I have never gotten one another way. It seems, as skimpy as this option is, it 's the only way. Can anyone give me another way to get Orange?

I'd like to know this as well..

I wish Defiance had open-world bosses that groups could farm together for special items and gear.
It would up the game's playability a ton.

ScarFace1483
05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
There classified as legendary weapons for a reason the percentage for them to drop or obtain through lock boxes in this games case is extremely low just like in wow and pretty much every other MMO. I don't keep count of how many tier 4 lock boxes I purchase like OP but I know its well over 77 and have only obtained one. However some people are just really lucky when it comes to legendary gear.

VonTreece
05-08-2013, 07:18 PM
There classified as legendary weapons for a reason the percentage for them to drop or obtain through lock boxes in this games case is extremely low just like in wow and pretty much every other MMO. I don't keep count of how many tier 4 lock boxes I purchase like OP but I know its well over 77 and have only obtained one. However some people are just really lucky when it comes to legendary gear.

I guess i'll just call it luck..

My friend Andy has only unlocked about 40 tier 4 lock boxes and yet he has 5 oranges.. eh.. lol

A s0t
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
not tier 3 lock boxes your doing it wrong

just wait till they up tier 3 to 48 keycode

Albion
05-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I have never gotten an orange from a tier ANYTHING lock box. And I'm EGO 2100+ and have opened so many lock boxes I can't keep track (I'd bet its over 100). Is that supposed to be a good thing? Does Trion think that it makes me want to play the game more, or even spend real money buying these horrible boxes of crap? Here's a tip for anyone at Trion - throw me an orange once in a while. I'm not greedy, just every now and then. Certainly if I open 10 tier 4 boxes I should get 1-2. Then I would get more excited about them and surely drop some actual coin on the boxes. Now? I just spend the key codes because I have to at the 75 max and get it over with, salvage the greens and blues I get from the box, and move on. Really a lot of fun.

DrFeelzgud
05-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I hear ya man, not one single Orange item yet, granted I'm only about 1620 Ego, but I've opened many lock boxes, tier2, ton of tier 3, and many tier 4.

I almost dread opening them now, as invariable the items go straight to the vendor as vendor trash.

Would be nice if each time you don't get an Orange item from a Tier 4 lockbox that it would incrementally increase your chances so that overtime eventually us unlucky ones might be able to get something.

And our means for acquiring the keycodes are decreasing with every patch it seems.

Actually being able to obtain an Orange item that I would really want and use appears to be really, really slim at this rate.

ThanatosPa
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I have recieved the 4 oranges needed for the pursuit from lockboxes. now 3 of them were totally useless and I salvaged them right after the pursuit.

But they ALL came from tier 3 boxes. Just sayin you get like 3.5 tier 3 boxes to 1 tier 4. Also the rate for oranges is so close between them you are better off going for 3s at least you dont feel nut punched when you get all greens.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Legendaries are working as intended. They have like a 0.1% drop chance, they're supposed to be super rare.

Albion
05-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I hear ya man, not one single Orange item yet, granted I'm only about 1620 Ego, but I've opened many lock boxes, tier2, ton of tier 3, and many tier 4.

I almost dread opening them now, as invariable the items go straight to the vendor as vendor trash.

Would be nice if each time you don't get an Orange item from a Tier 4 lockbox that it would incrementally increase your chances so that overtime eventually us unlucky ones might be able to get something.

And our means for acquiring the keycodes are decreasing with every patch it seems.

Actually being able to obtain an Orange item that I would really want and use appears to be really, really slim at this rate.

Now that is a great idea! I would appreciate something like that.

Traxx
05-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Is there any correlation between Orange items and Cash Lockboxes vs Earned Lockboxes. Trion says random, but I saw a page of stats that showed a higher percentage of Orange items from tier 4 boxes (tier 3 = 1+% and tier 4 = 2+%). What about Orange items in lockboxes purchased for real cash vs those earned from ark treasure? Anybody gots REAL stats on that?

MaximumExtreme
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I've had a few instances where I would buy a lockbox and wouldn't receive anything at all.

DrFeelzgud
05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Does Trion think that it makes me want to play the game more, or even spend real money buying these horrible boxes of crap? Here's a tip for anyone at Trion - throw me an orange once in a while. I'm not greedy, just every now and then. Certainly if I open 10 tier 4 boxes I should get 1-2. Then I would get more excited about them and surely drop some actual coin on the boxes.

^this.

I've spent bits on more inventory slots, on an outfit I liked etc.. The LAST thing I would spend bits on is lockboxes. NO way! Not with the terrible luck I've had with them.

I can probably count on 1 hand the items I've actually kept and used for any amount of time out of a lockbox. Typically it gets salvaged or vendor trashed immediately, as I find better items from specials or drops than what I pull out of lockboxes, not that I have anything particularly special anyway.

Strahd
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I've only gotten 2 oranges so far. Both came from a tier 3 lockbox, earned not purchased. At separate times. First was a double barrel shotgun and the second was a sniper rifle (which for the record has worse stats than my fully xp'd/mod'd survivalist rifle of a lower ego rating). Granted though, my bolt action sniper rifle skill is not maxed, so I suppose there is the chance it could change once at max level.

Tessien
05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Is there any advantage to opening higher tier boxes? Only orange I have found was in a tier 3. If tier 2 has the same odds, then just buying tier 2 seems the cheapest way to go. You get 6 tier 2 box items compared to only 3 from a tier 3 for the same key price. Or 16 items compared to 4 from a tier 4 box. If there isn't a significantly better chance, then why even buy the higher tier boxes?

edit: Oh, and my only orange got nerfed in the last patch from +9 mag to some lame percentage that took my combat shotgun from 32 round mag to 25 rounds. Thanks for taking away the only really cool thing about the gun =/

mrs0019
05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
My personal favorite, and slap to the face, was finally getting an orange infector with nothing more than the Veteran synergy on it. I've seen whites with more bonuses...

If the drop rate on these things is so laughably low, they better damn well have more than just a 2set synergy on them and do at least a little more than a a weapon 1500 ego lower than it.

Absolute garbage method for getting "best" gear. Reeks of Chinese good farming...ni hao, ni hao.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Is there any advantage to opening higher tier boxes? Only orange I have found was in a tier 3. If tier 2 has the same odds, then just buying tier 2 seems the cheapest way to go. You get 6 tier 2 box items compared to only 3 from a tier 3 for the same key price. Or 16 items compared to 4 from a tier 4 box. If there isn't a significantly better chance, then why even buy the higher tier boxes?

edit: Oh, and my only orange got nerfed in the last patch from +9 mag to some lame percentage that took my combat shotgun from 32 round mag to 25 rounds. Thanks for taking away the only really cool thing about the gun =/

Each tier has a higher rate to drop rare epic and legendary items than the previous, according to the stats. Tier 4 just isn't worth it however, given the time it takes to gather the resources to buy one compared to tier 3, which only has a marginally lower chance to find rare epic or legendary items.

Tessien
05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Each tier has a higher rate to drop rare epic and legendary items than the previous, according to the stats. Tier 4 just isn't worth it however, given the time it takes to gather the resources to buy one compared to tier 3, which only has a marginally lower chance to find rare epic or legendary items.

Do oranges ever come out of tier 2 boxes? I mean, if we're talking really low chance of finding an orange in all these boxes, like <1%, then I think I'd rather just go for tier 2 boxes and just have a lot more chances to get a lucky RNG roll. I don't know if tier 2 even drops oranges though.

cusman
05-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I think the Tier Boxes quality of what they reward went low after the patches. Before at least the Tier 3 were yielding plenty purple and I even got one orange. Now it get nothing... just greens and blues.

Draaconis
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I guess i'll just call it luck..

My friend Andy has only unlocked about 40 tier 4 lock boxes and yet he has 5 oranges.. eh.. lol

I decided to go with calling it BS. I'm still waiting on a screen shot for someone to prove that actually exist in the game.

VonTreece
05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
I wish they would add in more unique weapons..

The whole "exact same weapon skin with randomly generated stats" is nothing new.. *cough* borderlands..

I can deal with the literal BS that the lock boxes give me. It's whatever.

The only thing about this game that annoys me is that there's no true sense of progression, unlike other MMO's.

EGO 350 vs EGO 2420? - Literally almost no difference.. Same weapons.. Same gear.. Same everything.. The only slight advantage higher EGO's get is the extra perk slots.. Which by the way doesn't do much seeing as how there are only a handfull of perks that actually make a difference in combat..

Eh.. I don't know.. this game is just starting to get on my nerves a bit..
I might end up setting it down for awhile until Trion releases some worthwhile patches.

crasher
05-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I've had a few instances where I would buy a lockbox and wouldn't receive anything at all.

My first time buying:
I bought 2 (two) tier 3 boxes in one 'purchase' before quiting the vendor. I got 3 total items instead of 6.

::shrugg::

I didn't spend anymore keys until I figured out I was maxed at 75, and no more were accruing.

Piegon
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
My first time buying:
I bought 2 (two) tier 3 boxes in one 'purchase' before quiting the vendor. I got 3 total items instead of 6.

::shrugg::

I didn't spend anymore keys until I figured out I was maxed at 75, and no more were accruing.

Have you checked the Defiance store claims section?