PDA

View Full Version : So whats the story on syphon and electric SAWs? Across the bridge?

crasher
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Cuz I'm sure not finding my share north of the bridge.

I'm at ~1400E, and I've seen exactly 1 each so far, and I'm burning out the transporter room and my scoot traveling to all the vendors.

You'd think that after repeatedly rescuing the 3 housebound vendors from various evils and 'Occupy' factions they'd toss me a bone once-ina-while.

Opus
05-08-2013, 05:38 PM
I've got about 2 or 3 syphons and at least 4 electric SAWs, and I'm level 1300, give or take.

What I've noticed is once I find one on special and I buy it (regardless of nano effect), I then see an increase in SAWs available for purchase across the board. It doesn't last, but I *do* see a noticeable bump in how often I find them. At one point, I had 8 or 9 stockpiled in my inventory from about a 1-week buying period. Same thing seems to happen when I snap up FRC assault carbines when they're on special.

So, I would say, keep trying. If you find one on sale, regrdless of element, snap it up, then do the vendor hop thing as often as you can.

When I stockpiled those SAWs, I was vendor hopping once an hour, and would be online for a good 8-10 hours a day during the weekend, and maybe 4 hours at night, after work.

AGuyWithNoName
05-08-2013, 06:12 PM
What I've noticed is once I find one on special and I buy it (regardless of nano effect), I then see an increase in SAWs available for purchase across the board.

You know, I was wondering if maybe there is something to this. I say this because about three days ago I ran out of back up assault rifles (drop wise) to continue leveling the appropriate skill. I tried to wait for one to drop but in three hours of playing up to that point that day, everything BUT one dropped. When I finally bit the bullet and bought one, they started dropping left and right AND the vendors suddenly had them in stock.

It's the same with any gun I am trying to level actually. While using, can't find another to save my life. Break down and buy one from a vendor, the heavens open up and it rains that type of gun. Of course it could be more so that it's because I want to level that proficiency as well but having this happen and reading the same thing makes me curious.

Opus
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah, unfortunately for me, I made the mistake of buying a Thunder LMG about a week ago to try it out. BIG MISTAKE. I've now seen like 3 or 4 at vendors, on special, in all colors.

Sometimes I'll buy weapons I don't even really want (FRC Assault Carbine with NO effects) to see if that will open the gates, if you will. Same for goo SAWs and the like.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I keep getting stuck with VOT Disruptor and Thunder LMGs... I haven't seen a SAW for weeks, on special, on drop, or from a lockbox. I have my character shopping for them, and my girl keeps an eye out for them as well. So far, nothing.

I keep getting stuck buying the vendor green Frontier SAWs trying to level my LMG skill... frustrating.

Rakshasa
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Hmm, interesting. There's gotta be something to this. I've noticed it playing multiple characters -- significantly different offerings of certain weapon types between them. On one, I literally got every nano flavor of blue or purple AR by something like EGO 300. On another, it was a struggle to find any good ones at all. But that one got SAWs, and plenty of them, where the first toon's only SAW for ages was the one you can always find at the vendor.

defiancexlady
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I have at lease 6 saws. Both frontier and frc. I find at least one a day. Those I don't want I break them down into resources