PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you complete the content?

senseless
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I did every time trail, rampage, hot shot at least once, completed the main story line and every alternate mission. All I see left now is grinding for loot and xp; is there anything more engaging to do (aside from pvp/pve instances?)... Raid content? or something like that?

I can do the story line again, but the thought of having to drive around in san francisco put me off of that. I was going to go around and mop up the rest of the stuff in my journal that is undone. But seemed pointless since there's no content to do (incredibly small world). All you really do is get bigger and badder weapons to kill the same guys over and over.

... What do you do now that you've completed all of the content?

Artalis
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
1) Relax and just shoot things and drive around.
2) Hang out with friends and help them with stuff
3) Find a new game.

I think that pretty much covers your options.

Mugzzzy
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
There's a replay storyline button.

Joe Snuffy
05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Come here and whine about how chat sucks

Whippersnapper
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
There are several things you can do.
1- Finish your journal. You said you it seemed pointless though
2- Maintain your current skill level.
3- Complete the episode related new stuff they add after every episode
4- Wait for the new content. I'm talking about DLC & extras you'll have to pay for.

*Remember, there is a big part of the map unopened.

Also, I suggest you prepare by gathering loads of scrip and salvage. Seventeen years of playing MMOs have taught me that things get progressively more expensive ingame. So I suggest you prepare.

Expect the following: Eventually these things will come to pass
-New Vehicles and Suits. These will have beneficial perks
-New limited use items. All 'game shop' reliant games look for a limited use item that becomes a staple for players. They want that steady stream of income.

If these items are tradeable, and you don't want to purchase them for cash, you will need massive ingame funds to buy them with.

Mindfix
05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Play Rift.

Facade
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I've just been playing Dark Arisen between driving around a bit and finishing the remaining 2 side missions. Game really doesn't give me a reason to keep going after beating it, it just doesn't feel like I'm working towards anything.

Schwa
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Defiance General Discussion is the Defiance endgame. Welcome.

Fiancee
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Contracts, and grind reputation, then working on my last pursues. Defiance still offers me a couple hour of entertainment each day so not too bad.

KingMike
05-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Having a laugh with my Clan mates and playing the game :)

-M

Misto29
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
It sounds like you guys have covered all the options. And the one I agree with the most is running and having fun with my Clan mates. We normally do a couple of Shadow Wars and Ark Falls every other night together and have a blast doing it.

senseless
05-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Tried a few rounds of PVP tonight. Was the most god awful thing I've ever experienced (as i figured it would be). In the couple of games I played managed to have some guy teleporting and aimbotting in every one. I'd spawn and die in seconds without ever even seeing my attacker. Our team didn't even score a single kill. Spawn on the other side of the map and again dead in seconds from the same guy who just killed me on the other side of the map. I guess there's just nothing left to do. Glad I didn't pay for the season pass.

Blackwolfe
05-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Personally I am running the main missions for the third time, also tried a bit of shadow war. This time around I didn't die horribly. Also despite me hating pvp normally, playing team deathmatch was actually fun and I did not die horribly all the time (which I usually do when it comes to pvp).

Remag Div
05-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Basically grinding weapon/vehicle XP to get level 20 in everything and 100% Season 1 Pursuits (though that's currently impossible due to PvP ones).

Archangel
05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I did every time trail, rampage, hot shot at least once, completed the main story line and every alternate mission. All I see left now is grinding for loot and xp; is there anything more engaging to do (aside from pvp/pve instances?)... Raid content? or something like that?

I can do the story line again, but the thought of having to drive around in san francisco put me off of that. I was going to go around and mop up the rest of the stuff in my journal that is undone. But seemed pointless since there's no content to do (incredibly small world). All you really do is get bigger and badder weapons to kill the same guys over and over.

... What do you do now that you've completed all of the content?

1) Pursuit completion.
2) Weapon skill grind
3) Ego Grid Grind
4) Co-op dungeons
5) PVP
6) Hang out till new content shows up.

Zeliska
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm incredibly C.D.O (that's O.C.D but I had to rearrange the letters back to alphabetical order LOL!) - so I am going down the list of pursuits and trying to complete them. Some are fairly easy, some are herculean and will take their due time.

CrimsonDawntracker
05-11-2013, 02:34 AM
1) Relax and just shoot things and drive around.
2) Hang out with friends and help them with stuff
3) Find a new game.

I think that pretty much covers your options.

4)Endure the insufferable waiting for new content to actually continue playing defiance.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 02:45 AM
4)Endure the insufferable waiting for new content to actually continue playing defiance.

5. And then pray that new content doesn't get pulled!

Defy
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Do all data recorders and pursuits