PDA

View Full Version : Noob question (sorry!)

sonnyjbiskit
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
What's the difference between "classes"? Machinist, veteran , etc.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 06:00 PM
The outfit you have access to and the weapon you start with. There's nothing other than that it's purely cosmetic, though does add a bit of background to your character if you're into that kind of thing. They're not 'classes'. More like origins.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
nothing just starting guns, and hair cuts

sonnyjbiskit
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
The outfit you have access to and the weapon you start with. There's nothing other than that it's purely cosmetic, though does add a bit of background to your character if you're into that kind of thing. They're not 'classes'. More like origins.

Thank you!

ryzo
05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Thank you!

wow man this was nice to see some good ppl on the forums man help new players not a lot of that on here

A s0t
05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
if your new ill help
if you should know better ill troll

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Also remember that you're not stuck with the weapon or even weapon type your 'class' has in the beginning. You can swap it for anything you like. It's just a stepping stone really, your first weapon should be something you're comfortable with so they allow you to choose it. There's nothing stopping you from changing your mind. You get new outfits further down the line too from completing pursuits (found in the radial menu under goals) and by completing missions. Some outfit items can be bought from the cash shop (also found in the radial menu) or from merchant vendor machines around the map.

So you're not stuck with the outfit or weapon/weapon type your chosen class has, they're just a starting block to allow some choice initially.

Have fun with the game and PM me if you have any other questions.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
The only thing that you can't change (for now) are your race, facial designs and gender. But pile on enough heavy looking armor and head gear and none of that matters anyway.

JugsOfHolyness
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I have a newbie question.

Once an INDIVIDUAL weapon is maxed out, do I HAVE to switch to a non-maxed out weapon of the same type in order to continue gaining Exp for that weapon?

Because I'm really fond of my Lightning Auto Shotty...

Vietboi
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM

Once an INDIVIDUAL weapon is maxed out, do I HAVE to switch to a non-maxed out weapon of the same type in order to continue gaining Exp for that weapon?

Yes you have to get another weapon with 0/43353453 exp in it. You can get the same weapon auto shotty, just the one that have not maxed out exp bar yet

DaMaJaDiZ
05-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Yup. You sure do. I like to hold onto at least one maxed weapon that I'm proficient in for those moments when I absolutely, positively have to kill every *********er in the room. Otherwise, rotate those suckers out as soon as you're done maxing.

wORLDbREAKER
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Something that should be put in the game is an added bonus when you have your class with synergy loadouts. For instance, if you're a survivalist class with survivalist synergy loadout, instead of having 2% damage increase with max shields and health, it would be 4%. Same with the other classes and synergy loadouts.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
^ Cool idea.

And yes to your question. I'll explain in detail...

Weapon skill level is found in the character menu next to your inventory. Every level gained you gain a slight increase in profficiency in that weapon, for example +1% reload speed. In order to gain experience toward your weapon skill, you must have a weapon equipped of your skill choosing, for example assault rifle equipped to gain assault rifle skill experience.

On your actual weapon you have an experience bar. This represents how much experience is available to you to contribute toward your weapon skill progress. You gain this experience by damaging, healing and killing enemies or targets with your weapon. The weapon ceases to contribute toward your weapon skill progress once its specific experience bar is full. However, once a weapon experience bar is full it gains an added bonus stat, such as +8% EGO Power duration on a critical kill.

I advise keeping weapons that are fully levelled that are both good (depends on your own opinion), have decent stats and a good fully levelled bonus stat for situations where you really need to go all out, such as Co-Op maps and PvP/Competitive multiplayer. I use my maxed out and fully modded Legendary weapons for PvP and when I'm fighting other players, more damage or utility is worth more than gaining experience points.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll be notified if anyone asks another question here. Feel free to ask about anything on your mind :)

wORLDbREAKER
05-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I would gladly create a new character if they would implement this into the game. Give players a reason to pick with a class and to stick with it. For veterans. +20% fire rate for 2 seconds or +10% fire rate for 4 seconds or +20% fire rate for 4 seconds. For survivalists, +4% damage with full shield and health. Outlaws, +10% damage from last shot. Machinists, -10% damage while reloading. I could care less about looks or the back story to my character, I want functionality and play style.

MaSh_MaN94
05-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll be notified if anyone asks another question here. Feel free to ask about anything on your mind :)

hmmm i have lots of things on my mind. would you be my psychiatrist for the day?