PDA

View Full Version : Can we all please stop the WTB/WTS/WTT threads please?!

Djomblade1
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Unless I am wrong (I believe there is a thread or dedicated place specifically for that. Please inform me if this is not so) a dedicated thread specifically for these things already exists. The only issue as of right now (again correct me if I am wrong) is that there are not platform specific ones. I know this can be frustrating and that is why these threads probably keep popping up. Keep up (respectfully) on letting the devs know that this is something you all who do this want.

It is a terrible and very frustrating annoyance to constantly see "looking for/Want to buy/want to sell/want to trade blah blah blah items weapon" etc. It is cluttering up the forum boards and frankly there are more relevant and non time wasting threads that keep getting thrown to the 2nd 3rd 4th page because of it.

I personally dont care about what anyone wants to sell/trade/buy. HOWEVER, I know lots of people do so we need to all come to a happy medium and keep the boards clutter free. Thats all I have. Thank you.

Covington
05-08-2013, 06:03 PM
In game auction house would solve all of this.

Djomblade1
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree. I just dont know if I want to see it lol. It reminds me too much of something WoW does and I dont want WoW aspects (outside of ones that are implemented correctly and are just a standard of MMO's) showing up on this game. But, I have no other ideas outside of the one you mentioned besides a place to do it on this website to correct it. Whatever idea is implemented I hope comes soon because I cant stand constant clutter and rehashes of similar threads on forums. It drives me insane lol.

Strahd
05-08-2013, 06:39 PM
An in-game auction house would solve this problem but, a player driven economy would be a whole new problem in and of itself. Look at WoW or FFXI. A player driven economy would lead to this game (if it hasn't already and they are waiting with baited breath) being invaded by "gil-sellers", "RMT players". A in-game auction house would work fairly well if Trion introduced it and introduce price caps on items according to stats, rarity, ability to acquire said item. Only downside to the price caps is that would completely do away with the idea of "player driven economy". So you're stuck with either A) Player driven economy and paying way to much for overpriced items that are being put up by "RMT players" or those players that are greedy as scrooge mcduck or B) A player driven economy with "price caps" set in place by Trion. completely preventing the player driven economy as a whole or C) Stuck with tons of WTB/LTB/WTT/LTT posts here on the forums.

Let's get the dev's to fix the game before we jump into in game ah's lol. Just my opinion, not trying to flamespray or bash anyone.

B3Chandler
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
They either need to introduce an auction house or have a Defiance forum dedicated just for the selling or trading of items.

Strahd
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I agree that platform specific trading/selling forums (as has been mentioned countless times before this one) would solve the whole problem.

Djomblade1
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
An in-game auction house would solve this problem but, a player driven economy would be a whole new problem in and of itself. Look at WoW or FFXI. A player driven economy would lead to this game (if it hasn't already and they are waiting with baited breath) being invaded by "gil-sellers", "RMT players". A in-game auction house would work fairly well if Trion introduced it and introduce price caps on items according to stats, rarity, ability to acquire said item. Only downside to the price caps is that would completely do away with the idea of "player driven economy". So you're stuck with either A) Player driven economy and paying way to much for overpriced items that are being put up by "RMT players" or those players that are greedy as scrooge mcduck or B) A player driven economy with "price caps" set in place by Trion. completely preventing the player driven economy as a whole or C) Stuck with tons of WTB/LTB/WTT/LTT posts here on the forums.

Let's get the dev's to fix the game before we jump into in game ah's lol. Just my opinion, not trying to flamespray or bash anyone.

No you are not flaming in any way. I think you explained it well. It just seems anytime anything "auction house" or things relative to that nature involving real money starts to really segregate/alienate players as a whole and seems to downplay overall positive gameplay experiences. I dont want anything turning into pay to win either which is another possible side effect of auction houses.

Strahd
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Couldn't agree more. However, if you really wanna split hairs for LAWLS, if you have bought bits via Defiance Store for a outfit or lockbox or whatever...though you are purchasing said in-game item from the company holding ownership of the game, it's still a
RealMoneyTrade lol. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. LOL

Btw, saw in a separate post you mentioned your avatar was a photo from Oahu. I spent a lot of time on Oahu during my time with the Navy. Stay safe out there and thanks.

Djomblade1
05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Couldn't agree more. However, if you really wanna split hairs for LAWLS, if you have bought bits via Defiance Store for a outfit or lockbox or whatever...though you are purchasing said in-game item from the company holding ownership of the game, it's still a
RealMoneyTrade lol. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. LOL

Btw, saw in a separate post you mentioned your avatar was a photo from Oahu. I spent a lot of time on Oahu during my time with the Navy. Stay safe out there and thanks.

Damnit I know. Unfortunately in this generation real money microtransactions or the like keep creeping in on games. I dont like it. I dont like how overpriced bits are and/or how many bits it takes to get outfits. Ive made a thread about bits being overpriced as well. (Probably on page 4 thanks to WTB/WTS/WTTers damn you lol) However, I havent seen a company this gen that has been so on top of things as a whole in regards to "service after the sale" as Trion with issues/patches/updates/communication with customers. This makes me actually want to spend real money on things to continue to support them which is something I never thought Id say about this gen honestly.

Thank you for your comments and your service as well. Im done with my active duty service as of now. One combat tour to Iraq and three total years of active service as a U.S. Army infantryman was enough for me. Im in the National Guard now. Two more years of that and Im done completely and not looking back. Good times in Hawaii but it wasnt for me really. Id not like to live there again. At least not on congested as hell Oahu lol.

Strahd
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I enjoyed my time on Oahu and one thing I noticed, you could set your watch by the rain fall. Never failed out of the 10+ years I was in the Navy, everytime I was on Oahu at 1500 (3 p.m. civvy time) it would rain for exactly 15-20 minutes lol never failed.

loracsilver
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
um, there is a section for them. as been for some time. People just need to stop posting them in the general areas. That's the issue.
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?43-Need-Want-%28Trading-Post%29

bootymode
05-08-2013, 09:32 PM
nono that link is for the xbox trading forums, posting ps3 related stuff is useless as it just gets lost in seconds and no one can see it, almost not worth typing up the post if you are going to put it there since the poster is the only one that will ever read there message

DevilDog
05-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Statement retracted; just saw that they finally separated trading threads. I agree, at this point people should not post trade stuff here

loracsilver
05-09-2013, 03:32 AM
nono that link is for the xbox trading forums, posting ps3 related stuff is useless as it just gets lost in seconds and no one can see it, almost not worth typing up the post if you are going to put it there since the poster is the only one that will ever read there message

ummm, then why does it have three separate sections, one for PC, one for Xbox, and one for PS3?

(sorry pic is a little small. just click it.)

blunted
05-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Trading and developing a economy in the game is alittle more important then the dorky threads posted on forums

ghost_ol3a
05-09-2013, 06:08 AM
WTB orange SAW and shield

Djomblade1
05-09-2013, 09:14 AM
WTB orange SAW and shield

That did not just happen. (lol you smart*****)

rampag3
05-09-2013, 09:24 AM
In game auction house would solve all of this.

That's what I said

ghost_ol3a
05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
That did not just happen. (lol you smart*****)

sorry couldn't help myself