PDA

View Full Version : Orange outside the Box???

Traxx
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Has ANYONE gotten an Orange item other than from a lockbox? If so, please post how you got it here. Thanks.

Nefarious
05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Boxes only dude. If you have the scrip then buy 3 tier 3 lock boxes when you have enough keys. imo you have a better chance for getting oranges then just getting a single tier 4.

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I've given up on oranges. Purples are where it's at.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I've given up on oranges. Purples are where it's at.

Same. I sold all mine and just use the cash to buy outfits/vehicles/purples from merchants when they go on special.

Yenah
05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I have heard of people getting Orange Shields and Grenades from the end of a Major Arkfall, but never seen it firsthand.

rReves
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Same here.
Got about 18 oranges from the games so far. Lockboxes 18, all the rest of the game 0.
1 clan m8 of mine got an orange grenade of an arkfall. Never heard of or seen a drop outside lockboxes other than that.

This could do with a change imo.
Must've killed 60-70k+ mobs by now. 4.5 playthroughs on main story missions. All side missions completed. Tons of Arkfalls, co-ops and emergencies. Never any orange drops outside lockboxes. Disappointing.

Not saying they should drop like candy. But getting 18 out of lockboxes and 0 anywhere else.. that's not good. If need be nerf the lockbox drop rates but sure would be nice to feel like you can actually find some occassionally as well.

But then again.. if droprates in lockboxes would get nerfed, and legendaries could be found elsewhere.. who'd still be buying lockboxes with real money then? And how could we expect Trion to pay for fixes and dlc without that income.
Maybe instead oranges should be completely removed from any droptables outside lockboxes. And keycode rewards at least halved everywhere. And keycode prices could be raised from 1k ark salvage to 10k. That just might push enough people to pay real money for lockboxes to enable Trion to pay for the fixes this game needs.

Traxx
05-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Same here.
Got about 18 oranges from the games so far. Lockboxes 18, all the rest of the game 0.
1 clan m8 of mine got an orange grenade of an arkfall. Never heard of or seen a drop outside lockboxes other than that.

This could do with a change imo.
Must've killed 60-70k+ mobs by now. 4.5 playthroughs on main story missions. All side missions completed. Tons of Arkfalls, co-ops and emergencies. Never any orange drops outside lockboxes. Disappointing.

Not saying they should drop like candy. But getting 18 out of lockboxes and 0 anywhere else.. that's not good. If need be nerf the lockbox drop rates but sure would be nice to feel like you can actually find some occassionally as well.

But then again.. if droprates in lockboxes would get nerfed, and legendaries could be found elsewhere.. who'd still be buying lockboxes with real money then? And how could we expect Trion to pay for fixes and dlc without that income.
Maybe instead oranges should be completely removed from any droptables outside lockboxes. And keycode rewards at least halved everywhere. And keycode prices could be raised from 1k ark salvage to 10k. That just might push enough people to pay real money for lockboxes to enable Trion to pay for the fixes this game needs.

Yes, I think you're right. Purple with a few good mods and you're ready to rock. Good observation.

rReves
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, I think you're right. Purple with a few good mods and you're ready to rock. Good observation.

True but not the point. I've got green weapons that beat some of my legendaries, but legendaries do have the greatest potential in theory. Either way, a game like this shouldn't rely solely on lockboxes to provide players with the highest quality gear imo.

Traxx
05-08-2013, 07:14 PM
True, you've got a good point there.

Orge Lambart
05-08-2013, 07:34 PM
orange only comes from boxes, if someone said they got it at an arkfall the game either glitched or they were lieing and actually got it out of a box

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Nah I like the way legendaries work now. If anything they should nerf the drop rate from lockboxes. They shouldn't be so commonplace.