PDA

View Full Version : Please Define Progression

EnabrimGFC
05-08-2013, 06:38 PM
I've read a lot of posts where people claim they don't feel like their "progressing" at all in game via the Main Story, Ego system, Gun rank system, synergy system (there are synergies missing) and the pursuit's system; all of which are the systems in Defiance that are designed for you to progress through.

My question is:
What sense of progression do you feel is missing?

A s0t
05-08-2013, 06:39 PM
im 2200 ego level i should be able to walk around like im god not some noob just fallen off that stratocarrier

MaSh_MaN94
05-08-2013, 06:39 PM
My question is:
What sense of progression do you feel is missing?

There is no progression. So to answer your question,everything.

Denim Samurai
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
im 2200 ego level i should be able to walk around like im god not some noob just fallen off that stratocarrier

Why can't you? I dominate the shtako out of most mobs and it's because I've learned how to move and shoot well.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Why? What's the fun in that?yes i want to one shot every thing. this is for pve i want my 5000 kills for sniper and lmg.

end of skyrim i was god. end of borderlands 1 and 2 your god. defiance nope your some noob that fell to earth like an odst grr. this is an rpg right

MaSh_MaN94
05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
yes i want to one shot every thing. this is for pve i want my 5000 kills for sniper and lmg.

Now this is something i don't agree with. we don't need this game getting any easier than it already is.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Now this is something i don't agree with. we don't need this game getting any easier than it already is.its boring cause all the stupid weapons are the exact same since you odst hell jumped from space
rocket launchers are a joke my melee does more damage till they nerf that

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I can really appreciate the progression in Defiance; like many shooters it rewards player skill rather than how much time you play the game. That being said the game also seems to lack legs like a lot of shooters, ie it gets boring after a while. Unless you're insanely good and can dominate at shooters then you play because you never lose. If you're terrible you play PvE until you get good. But if you're just average you get bored and play something else that gives you more of a sense of reward.

nosworc
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
I can really appreciate the progression in Defiance; like many shooters it rewards player skill rather than how much time you play the game. That being said the game also seems to lack legs like a lot of shooters, ie it gets boring after a while. Unless you're insanely good and can dominate at shooters then you play because you never lose. If you're terrible you play PvE until you get good. But if you're just average you get bored and play something else that gives you more of a sense of reward.

Why do people keep saying Defiance is skill based? To play this game you don't need any skill whatsoever, the only thing even slightly needing skill is PvP and even saying that everyone negates that by running around cloaked with a shotty.

Panthan
05-08-2013, 08:13 PM
There is no progression. So to answer your question,everything.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/Rhypanthan/progress_zpsfd1bad0d.jpg
disagrees with you.

There isnt much gear progression, but despite it not being much it is there.
Granted a ego passive can only be upgraded 3 times and the active ones just reduce the cooldown but that and the increasing amounth of perks equiped does make a big difference.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Now this is something i don't agree with. we don't need this game getting any easier than it already is.
actually i want less of a grind

Antimony
05-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Since Defiance is a TPS, not an MMO, I don't expect much progression.

Naturally, cosmetics, titles, convenience etc. can progress, but weapons/gear/perks should not become essential in gameplay. That's what MMOs are for. :)

Arsenic_Touch
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Throwing away your guns after leveling them so you can continue to gain skill proficiency. Purple and blue guns being at or weaker than green guns. Blue and purple guns coming with 1 or 2 mod slots and only 1 bonus ability. Synergy mods not even being in game or only obtainable through a long rep RNG grind or a key RNG grind. Guns getting synergies that do not benefit them, gun getting stats that do not benefit them. Oh, you were asking how I defined it? thought you were asking about how Trion defines it, oops.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 08:35 PM
what rng grind what does rng stand for

0_d4RK_FaLLen
05-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Here is the progression system in Defiance.
Step 1 buy game
Step 2 grind through few hundred hours
Step 3 realize the grind is the game
Step 4 pray for dlc
Step 5 give up and move onto a game you'll be happy with

Arsenic_Touch
05-08-2013, 09:13 PM
what rng grind what does rng stand for

Random number generator. Lockboxes are RNG (it warms the cockles of my heart to see real money spent on RNG). Mod caches at regular vendors are RNG that looks more like "here's some brutal mods" Mod caches at rep vendors require a rep grind and then depend on RNG to get something that most of the time won't match your guns or guns the rep vendor even sells.

Valethar
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Since Defiance is a TPS, not an MMO, I don't expect much progression.

Only half right. Defiance is an MMO. What it is not is an RPG.

Antimony
05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Only half right. Defiance is an MMO. What it is not is an RPG.

Yeah, practically everything online is an MMO, if you go by the strict definition.
I meant MMORPG, of course. :)

A s0t
05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Random number generator. Lockboxes are RNG (it warms the cockles of my heart to see real money spent on RNG). Mod caches at regular vendors are RNG that looks more like "here's some brutal mods" Mod caches at rep vendors require a rep grind and then depend on RNG to get something that most of the time won't match your guns or guns the rep vendor even sells.thank you, good sir