PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles the New Cash Sink? What are your thoughts?

Miserere
05-08-2013, 07:00 PM
With the recent update (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes&p=573700#post573700) it comes to either a shock or not so shock, that the price of vehicles have now doubled. The orange Dodge Challenger RT Hemi used to cost 15,000 scrip now costs 30,000 scrip along with many of the vehicles. It also made many of the vehicles become special offers instead of just purchasable.

Now, to be fair, scrip is rather easy to come by. There is also very little you can actually use for it. So, to me, it seems as though they are attempting to balance the flood of scrip to make a balanced economy. Maybe? Or they could just want to make all our lives one miserable waste (jk!).

What are your thoughts about the recent change?

ItISLupus
05-08-2013, 07:04 PM
As I have spent the vast majority of my scrip lately. (lock boxes, vendor specials, the two challengers I Didn't have) I hope I gather a metric ton of scrip before I find one of those new challengers

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
More than doubled.

The Runners at Iron Demon are 20k+ now if I remember right.

As far as my thoughts on the subject, here's a quote from a thread I started earlier about a growing trend of the Devs making changes without thinking about the consequences (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?63552-Devs-Lack-of-Foresight-and-Common-Sense-is-Ruining-this-Game):

Why increase prices of vehicles? To bring more scrip out of circulation of course. (Or for the tinfoil hats: to drive people to the bits store, but that's for another discussion.)

Now, I find myself asking... How the hell is this going to bring more scrip out of circulation?

There are three groups of people in Defiance: the stupidly rich, the average player, and the stupid who made the stupidly rich.

Now the stupidly rich has the money to horde whatever they damn well please, inflating the prices of everything while the just plain stupid pay those inflated prices for orange items that are statistically equivalent to purples and blues that are selling for 1/10 the price. This in turn drives the prices up across the board.

Now the average player, who isn't willing to stoop to the level of gouging idiots for weapons that, quite frankly, aren't the least bit special, is left with only one option to stay in the market - being a penny pinching miser.

We are the few that say "Oooh, that's a nice vehicle skin, but I'll just wait till it goes on a special vendor sale, because I need every scrip I've got if I ever want to get something from the overinflated market."

Well the joke is on us.

You see, the stupidly rich had so much scrip that they surely bought whatever vehicles they were interested in before the price hike. The just plain stupid only care about rarity and looking cool so I'm sure they had their vehicles taken care of as well.

But those of us who didn't want to game the system, those of us who don't have the arkloads of scrip floating around or dozens of "meh" oranges we can pawn off to some clueless bloke, those of us who were saving every hard earned scrip for a chance at our "perfect weapon", we're the ones being affected by the price hike.

If you're trying to pull scrip out of the economy to reduce the inflation, this half-assed way isn't the way to do it, and your resident economist needs either a lobotomy or a pink-slip.

Swampster
05-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Simply a not-so-gentle nudge towards the cash shop imo.. probably not selling enough stuff.

Miserere
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
More than doubled.

The Runners at Iron Demon are 20k+ now if I remember right.

Yeah. You are right. The black one is now 20k. Honestly, I kind of like the price change. Now if only they would add in a pursuit for collecting all the cars.

Angry Old Feral
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I dunno, I bought the Nomad and never looked back. :P

Vietboi
05-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't think in their mind they were thinking " We should make vehicles cost more so players can have something to spend script on".. it's more like " We should make it cost more so players rather buy Nomad and Bitz shop instead of those cars" <-- this method is really good against new players that can't even make 10k yet.

jjj0309
05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Despite tens of thousands of numerous bugs and glitches, Trion's top priority of patch is nerf weapons and key-codes then punish, screw players with in-game currency.
What a joke. It's just simply APB all over again. This game needs more at least solid 2 years of development.
Currently, Defiance is not even in pre-Beta. We're paid for Alpha status video game.

RejectNinja
05-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Good thing i already have all the vehicles except the plum charger and the truck!

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Despite ten of thousands of numerous bugs and glitches, Trion's top priority of patch is nerf weapons and key-codes then punish, screw players with in-game currency.
What a joke. It's just simply APB all over again. This game needs more at least solid 2 years of development.
Currently, Defiance is not even in pre-Beta. We're paid for Alpha status video game.
I have to agree with this. They have the resources and assets to raise prices in feeble and very obvious attempt to get people to spend money in the cash store but they can't find anyone on the dev team competent enough to fix bugs. WTF Trion?

DJTrig
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I got almost all the current vehicles from specials already.And unless the new DC stats are better than my red DC i am not in a rush to find them.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
you guys couldn't sell your orange gear crap for like 20,000 scrip you had to push up to 100k scrip and what trion do upped the prices its your own dam fault...

Panthan
05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Yeah. You are right. The black one is now 20k. Honestly, I kind of like the price change. Now if only they would add in a pursuit for collecting all the cars.

I dont really have a problem with the price change either, they still randomly appear on vendors at a low price.
Not to mention the game provides both runners for free and a runner. The rest is just fluff.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I dont really have a problem with the price change either, they still randomly appear on vendors at a low price.
Not to mention the game provides both runners for free and a runner. The rest is just fluff.

That "low price" is 12-15k+.

Or 20k+ for the ones that are now 25k+.

Miserere
05-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Once again, I agree with you, my friend. As I already purchased the nomad because darn it, I wanted it, I have no reason for the others. But I bought them anyways because I had the scrip and I have a bad habit of collecting everything. XD

hadesburn
05-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't see any issue with it. It's called an economy. You got people selling weapons for 100k scrip +, the money is out there. If you don't have the money sinks the economy becomes a joke and scrip becomes useless. I see it as just a balance adjustment for the economy. It happens in all MMOs.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't see any issue with it. It's called an economy. You got people selling weapons for 100k scrip +, the money is out there. If you don't have the money sinks the economy becomes a joke and scrip becomes useless. I see it as just a balance adjustment for the economy. It happens in all MMOs.

The problem is the people selling weapons for 100k scrip + most likely already have all the vehicles they want at the lower prices.

hadesburn
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
The problem is the people selling weapons for 100k scrip + most likely already have all the vehicles they want at the lower prices.

And that's why it's a balance adjustment. If you have everyone buying the vehicles at the low price without adjusting it, everyone has tons of scrip. Soon you see people asking 500k+ script( and it will keep going up) for weapons. As with changes like this, some are going to benefit from the previous cheaper prices.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:46 PM
And that's why it's a balance adjustment. If you have everyone buying the vehicles at the low price without adjusting it, everyone has tons of scrip. Soon you see people asking 500k+ script( and it will keep going up) for weapons. As with changes like this, some are going to benefit from the previous cheaper prices.

Yes, because the best way to balance the economy is to raise the prices of one time purchases that the people holding the majority of the money either already have or have no interest in purchasing. :rolleyes:

hardy83
05-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes, because the best way to balance the economy is to raise the prices of one time purchases that the people holding the majority of the money either already have or have no interest in purchasing. :rolleyes:

It might be when they start introducing new vehicles and what not.

I'm going to remain neutral, for now.
I can see this as either adjusting the scrip economy, or a push for the shop, maybe both, but more likely the former.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:02 PM
You don't NEED to buy a vehicle to play the game, you're given one for free and can earn one of the best ones in the game for free (through pursuits). So I don't see the issue. There's better things to complain about. This is just nit picking now.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Honestly I think it was needed. There had to be SOMETHING to spend our Scrip on. At least they added more Charger variants :) Looking forward to seeing what those are.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 08:13 PM
You don't NEED to buy a vehicle to play the game, you're given one for free and can earn one of the best ones in the game for free (through pursuits). So I don't see the issue. There's better things to complain about. This is just nit picking now.

Why not increase the vendor prices for all weapons and mods by 10x their current price? You're given them for free and can earn some of the best ones in the game for free (through story missions, drops, side missions, and hotshots).

Is this still nitpicking?

The irony is this case would actually effect everyone equally...

Valethar
05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
I suppose it could be worse. They could have added them to the Bit store and raised the already ridiculous prices again.

Panthan
05-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Why not increase the vendor prices for all weapons and mods by 10x their current price? You're given them for free and can earn some of the best ones in the game for free (through story missions, drops, side missions, and hotshots).

You dont actually need a different vehicle other then apperance. You do need to continuesly get a replacement weapon till your skill is capped.
In other words, apples and oranges.

mrbruce300
05-08-2013, 08:17 PM
What a load of ****!!!!!!! Fixed the damn game and stop screwing with the players. No way am I buying another stupid vehicle. Just another nail in the coffin of this game. I am a very patient person but I am just about out of patient with this and and the metric **** ton of **** ups!

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
You dont actually need a different vehicle other then apperance. You do need to continuesly get a replacement weapon till your skill is capped.
In other words, apples and oranges.

Not really. You see that key difference makes my example all the more reasonable if the intent is to create a scrip-sink.

One time purchases that the majority of people have already purchased what they wanted of... is just a pointless change for no apparent reason that hurts the minority of players who are either new or not wealthy enough to acquire their preferred vehicle skin.

Stickybuds
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I honestly think the mounts are way too cheap even at the new prices. I never had this many mounts in my first month of WoW, in fact I never had this many mounts after 3 years of WoW. Most of the content in this game is too easy to get, like mounts, titles and outfits compared to other MMO's and I reckon that's why we have the "minority group of whiners" whining, because they have no achievements left to grind, as well as no end-game Instances/Dungeons to keep them occupied while the part-time gamers catch up.

NIKOLA
05-08-2013, 08:22 PM
well im glad i was bored enough to purchase every vehicle that did not require real game money weeks ago

Panthan
05-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Not really. You see that key difference makes my example all the more reasonable if the intent is to create a scrip-sink.

One time purchases that the majority of people have already purchased what they wanted of... is just a pointless change for no apparent reason that hurts the minority of players who are either new or not wealthy enough to acquire their preferred vehicle skin.

your weapon skill stops gaining xp when your gun's xp is maxed out so yeah... you do have to cycle through through guns just to keep gaining lvls.

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM

The irony is this case would actually effect everyone equally...

I wouldn't mind if they increased the price of weapons and mods at vendors too, for reasons stated in my previous post. Currency in MMO's has always been a means to achieve without participating. To catch up. To buy your way to the top, or close enough. You either go out there and get the weapons/vehicles/mods yourself, or you can go pay a premium and be lazy. It's your choice. Nobody is forcing you to pay for a vehicle.

Ryan
05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
It seems everyone is overlooking how there's only 2 locations that have vehicles for specials now, and they're always having vehicle specials... Makes finding the "rare" vehicles alot easier. I like the price increase gives me reason to actually spend Scrip for once, and care about it.

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't mind if they increased the price of weapons and mods at vendors too, for reasons stated in my previous post. Currency in MMO's has always been a means to achieve without participating. To catch up. To buy your way to the top, or close enough. You either go out there and get the weapons/vehicles/mods yourself, or you can go pay a premium and be lazy. It's your choice. Nobody is forcing you to pay for a vehicle.

Uh... what?

Unless you're buying currency with real world money, it's kinda hard to get the currency in the first place to "catch up" or "buy your way to the top"... "without participating".

Facade
05-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Not a big fan but saw it coming with the posts about how scrip is useless. However am disappointed that rather than actually add a money sink type deal they took the incredibly lazy route and just doubled the prices of stuff already in game.

Panthan
05-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Not a big fan but saw it coming with the posts about how scrip is useless. However am disappointed that rather than actually add a money sink type deal they took the incredibly lazy route and just doubled the prices of stuff already in game.

I have no real disagreement with you here.
But a price adjustment is very easy but adding a gold sink like, lets say.. weapon maintainance takes alot more development not to mention risks.

cab0218
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon.

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Not to mention that you get a Duni free as a mission reward in one of the later story missions. Not sure if the color is specific but mine was pink. It sucked because I had already bought a pink Duni from a vendor special. I gues the whole thing is pointless. You only need on runner (which you get for free) and maybe one roller (which is also free) and I suppose you could save up for one charger but once you have one of each there's no real point in having more since you can't trade em' or give em' away as gifts and you can only plant your butt in one at a time.

Opetyr
05-08-2013, 09:09 PM
I honestly think the mounts are way too cheap even at the new prices. I never had this many mounts in my first month of WoW, in fact I never had this many mounts after 3 years of WoW. Most of the content in this game is too easy to get, like mounts, titles and outfits compared to other MMO's and I reckon that's why we have the "minority group of whiners" whining, because they have no achievements left to grind, as well as no end-game Instances/Dungeons to keep them occupied while the part-time gamers catch up.

This isn't WoW. Stop bringing up a game that isn't in the same genre. This is a MMOTPS not a MMORPG. WoW has an hyperinflated economy which there are a few people that control major parts of the Auction House. Please go back to your WoW since seems you keep thinking about it.

aRtFuL
05-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Uh... what?

Unless you're buying currency with real world money, it's kinda hard to get the currency in the first place to "catch up" or "buy your way to the top"... "without participating".

It is VERY easy to get scrip by vendoring everything instead of salvaging everything.

The only question is HOW you balance your vendoring/salvaging ratio.

Also, it is just vehicle skins :/ If they aren't even allow to want to make some bits from skins, I don't know what you expect them to make money from... This is no different as how they are keeping a some outfit "bits only"

It is just appearance. If you can't afford it, dress down. That's what people do in life too. Not everyone wears LV and drinks Mot lol.

Valethar
05-08-2013, 09:12 PM
However am disappointed that rather than actually add a money sink type deal they took the incredibly lazy route and just doubled the prices of stuff already in game.

And increased the vendor specials by 3,000%

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
It is VERY easy to get scrip by vendoring everything instead of salvaging everything.

The only question is HOW you balance your vendoring/salvaging ratio.

Also, it is just vehicle skins :/ If they aren't even allow to want to make some bits from skins, I don't know what you expect them to make money from... This is no different as how they are keeping a some outfit "bits only"

It is just appearance. If you can't afford it, dress down. That's what people do in life too. Not everyone wears LV and drinks Mot lol.

It may come as a surprise to you, but I own most of the vendor vehicles, barring some of the specials, a few randoms colors, and the Orange charger.

I paid 500 scrip for most of them.

Then, today I went to the vehicle vendor to confirm what someone said about vehicle prices being raised.

I was mortified by the lines of greyed out items for 20,000+scrip a piece. There was the odd Duni or Hannibal still in white, but that didn't bother me.

What bothered me is just how pointless the price increase is. I know I'm far from the only person in this same situation, it doesn't affect me, and it doesn't affect countless other number of players who have been playing since launch.

Who it DOES affect is new players, the players who are struggling for scrip in an already over-inflated economy.

AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

Currency sinks should be focused towards the people that have the currency to sink, not the people that are trying to keep afloat financially.

Dack
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
You guys crack me up.
You cried that scrip had no value. So they double the price on vehicles to add some "value" to it.
Everything they keep doing bad to the game is because you guys cry so they cater to you then you cry even more about it.
They need to stop listening to the crybabies on here.
Play the game & fix what's broken. We(the real players) are the ones getting the short end.
Giving the crybabies(who will stop playing soon anyway) what they want is breaking the game, making it worse daily & driving they real fans away.
#FACTS

Schwa
05-08-2013, 09:28 PM
You guys crack me up.
You cried that scrip had no value. So they double the price on vehicles to add some "value" to it.
Everything they keep doing bad to the game is because you guys cry so they cater to you then you cry even more about it.
Play the game & fix what's broken. We(the real players) are the ones getting the short end.
Giving the crybabies(who will stop playing soon anyway) what they want is breaking the game, making it worse daily & driving they real fans away.
#FACTS

#truescotsman

Panthan
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
It may come as a surprise to you, but I own most of the vehicles, barring a few of the specials and the Orange charger.

I paid 500 scrip for most of them.

Then, today I went to the vehicle vendor to confirm what someone said about vehicle prices being raised.

I was mortified by the lines of greyed out items for 20,000+scrip a piece. There was the odd Duni or Hannibal still in white, but that didn't bother me.

What bothered me is just how pointless the price increase is. I know I'm far from the only person in this same situation, it doesn't affect me, and it doesn't affect countless other number of players who have been playing since launch.

Who it DOES affect is new players, the players who are struggling for scrip in an already over-inflated economy.

AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

Currency sinks should be focused towards the people that have the currency to sink, not the people that are trying to keep afloat financially.

Other then greed, it doesnt even really effect new players either, the vendor sells fluff.
You get both types of runners for free, one of them is even the fastest runner IG atm and a roller
If prices would have been this high to begin with people wouldnt have made such a big deal out of this. if it was this high at release the vehicles would have had a higher status symbol value then they have now.
But yes, you are definately right, this effects newer players far more then old ones, so this really is a metaforic musterd after the meal sollution.

EdgeTW
05-08-2013, 09:36 PM
That the discount sale price on vehicles went up isn't a surprise to me. Weapons were on "sale" for 5,000 scrip, and yet cars were selling for 500 scrip. I kept wondering if someone left a zero of the end of that price.

However, bumping the normal price of vehicles from 15,000 to 30,000 seems ridiculous. The original 15k prices were fine. I'm not finished the main/side missions yet, but I am a decent way through them and my finances were just beginning to get to a point where I could stomach the idea of losing 15k to a vehicle purchase I had my eye on. 30k? Not happening.

People keep saying money is easy to come by, but I don't see it. Maybe they mean later on after you've burned through all the missions, or after getting an orange weapon from the cash-shop and selling it for ridiculous amounts of scrip to another rich player.

But I'm not in that sort of position. I've just done the storyline missions, and any side quests and challenges up to the area I'm adventuring in (the region north of the crater, which seems to represent 50% of the available map), while participating in usually at least one arkfall per session and a few emergency encounters, and I've only acquired about 50k scrip in this very ordinary process. After making a few shop purchases I have about 35k in my character's wallet. That's "normal playing", without relying on the cash shop or key farming for legendary weapons to sell, or without grinding some other easily farmable encounter into the ground to burn through pursuits, etc.

So, I'm playing the content in the order it's delivered, and yet now (to purchase a vehicle) I'm expected to throw a majority of all the money I've obtained up to this point into a car? No thanks. I'm sure they're looked a the metrics to arrive at this decision, but I suspect those figures are horribly skewed by farmers.

Rwillis521
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
You guys crack me up.
#FACTS

It's not quiet the fact that they increased the price It's the fact that they did it to all vehicles, they should have done it to some. Not only that they more than doubled the price. That would have easily made it more desirable and still helped the scrip value. I also think they could have made the Rare/Purple weapons worth more when buying them and made them a little harder to find.

aRtFuL
05-09-2013, 04:34 PM

AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

No it doesn't.

You get free vehicles doing main story. Guns are still the same price and always have specials anyways.

It doesn't really affect anyone aside from the fashionistas.

I can understand people want bling but bling costs you, lol :P I don't see anything wrong with that.

The only think that I see wrong is the for the price you pay the vehicles don't have any better colour patterns/camos/looks on them :P

I also think they could have made the Rare/Purple weapons worth more when buying them and made them a little harder to find.

Now I totally disagree on that. They shouldn't do anything to the weapons availability at all.

THAT would really affect the new players. Defiance is good at the moment in that sense that everyone are pretty much on a balanced footing when it comes to access to fighting gears, and that good because this game is an FPS. An FPS where more seasoned players outgear new players by too much is a terrible idea - because FPS, unlike a full blown rpg, is supposed to be more twitch-based, not gear-based.

EdgeTW
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
No it doesn't.

You get free vehicles doing main story. Guns are still the same price and always have specials anyways.

It doesn't really affect anyone aside from the fashionistas.

I can understand people want bling but bling costs you, lol :P I don't see anything wrong with that.

The only think that I see wrong is the for the price you pay the vehicles don't have any better colour patterns/camos/looks on them :P

The surprised reactions are due to a sudden shift in design philosophy. During development the game's producer proudly pointed out in interviews that a variety of vehicles were easily accessible to new players, that it was more important to give players the means of getting where they wanted to go quickly (because gamers, shooter fans in particular according to the producer, don't like travel time sinks) than it was to create a virtual carrot to be chased.

Driving (no pun intended) home this point was the decision to give every pre-order player a two-seater vehicle for free. And not just any two-seater, but literally the fastest vehicle in the game, instantly reducing the value/usefulness of all other vehicles. And on top of that they give away a Hannibal just for entering in arkfall codes. Between that and the quad awarded to players for completing literally the first mission, it's clear this game was designed around the idea of obtaining vehicles easily, almost as an extension of your character.

I find it odd that prices were low in the beginning when it could be argued that additional vehicles were merely a color variant luxury, but now the price has been suddenly doubled (more than doubled in some cases) later in the game when new players don't have access to free two-seaters like the Red Dodge Challenger anymore.

I think this change happened for one reason and one reason only: players with a lot of scrip kept complaining there was nothing to spend it on. And so, using the least amount of effort in an attempt to counter that complaint, the developers jacked up the prices of all the vehicles.

aRtFuL
05-09-2013, 04:52 PM
The surprised reactions are due to a sudden shift in design philosophy. During development the game's producer proudly pointed out in interviews that a variety of vehicles were easily accessible to new players, that it was more important to give players the means of getting where they wanted to go quickly (because gamers, shooter fans in particular according to the producer, don't like travel time sinks) than it was to create a virtual carrot to be chased.

Driving (no pun intended) home this point was the decision to give every pre-order player a two-seater vehicle for free. And not just any two-seater, but literally the fastest vehicle in the game, instantly reducing the value/usefulness of all other vehicles. And on top of that they give away a Hannibal just for entering in arkfall codes. Between that and the quad awarded to players for completing literally the first mission, it's clear this game was designed around the idea of obtaining vehicles easily, almost as an extension of your character.

I find it odd that prices were low in the beginning when it could be argued that additional vehicles were merely a color variant luxury, but now the price has been suddenly doubled (more than doubled in some cases) later in the game when new players don't have access to free two-seaters like the Red Dodge Challenger anymore.

I think this change happened for one reason and one reason only: players with a lot of scrip kept complaining there was nothing to spend it on. And so, using the least amount of effort in an attempt to counter that complaint, the developers jacked up the prices of all the vehicles.

^ Good points

EdgeTW
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
The decision to raise the scrip prices on vehicles may have also been motivated by poor vehicle sales on the cash shop, which would be.. just a really low move.

reciprocate
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Somewhat on/off topic. But I figure I should have known better. It was sometime last week a few minutes before a server restart. One of the 3 hidden vendors had a White Duni for 500scrip. Hopped on it and bought the thing and drove around with it. As I was making my way to another of the vendors - server goes down for restart. I figured OK, waited a few min. Reconnected, and voila, my White Duni was no longer around period. It's as if I never bought the thing. But I don't remember if my 500 scrip was stolen too haha.

A regrettable loss. Not like I lost any sleep over it, but a bit bummed I lost that. I doubt I'll be able to see that Duni in a vendor for 500scrip for a long time. To make it on topic, I wouldn't mind tossing 20k scrip to buy it again. Is it regularly found at any normal vehicle vendor? I haven't really looked/check.

aRtFuL
05-09-2013, 05:18 PM
The decision to raise the scrip prices on vehicles may have also been motivated by poor vehicle sales on the cash shop, which would be.. just a really low move.

I think if they had introduced more appealing vehicle skins or more varied types the sales in the cash shop would've been good.

I mean look at how many ppl by the outfits from shop, they have no problems in that one, because they have outfits that looks nice and different from what you can get in game.

That one was totally their fault. In Planetside 2 they released stacks of different looks and customization when the game comes out, that's why their cash shop is so successful.