PDA

View Full Version : I'm running an i5 2500k, w/ 16 gig....

crasher
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Win-7/64.
Two Radeon vidcards.

The game runs smoothly on Xfinity.

It's using a little over a half gig of mem, and 8% to 13% of cpu.

I open a WaterFox browser window, and I feel like I've got 512K of ram.
The window wont scroll til 20 seconds later.

I click the addressbar to type search terms, and it's 15 seconds before the cursor blinks.
Same thing with Aurora and FireFox.
Same thing with IE.

I don't use Chrome or the other flavors, but this is the first time I've lagged this pig, and I'm not liking remembering how 'puters ran Win/3.11 in 1994.

Iceberg
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Does it only do it while you are playing this particular game? Have you tested other games, MMO types, and got the same results?

Whippersnapper
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I run an i5 3450 with similar stats, but 1 vid card and I have no issues.

crasher
05-08-2013, 11:58 PM
This is my first/only MMO, so I don't know what processes are involved and jamming stuff up.
I have no idea whether MMOs are so intensive that this is normal.

It's not the online Xfer, it's getting the browser to open menus, scroll, (I'm just trying to be clear).
I'll scroll the wheel, the window waits/lags, scrolls, stops, I go to type something, or click a link and the window scrolls another inch. I'll place the curser and it's 5 seconds before it reacts and blinks.

I played Stalker off-line of a while, all 3 versions, and had no trouble with the computer being able to multitask and use WAterfox and Thunderbird. I'm not even using the email client on this computer while the MMO is open.

It's not like this answer is vital, so much as it's a weird and annoying puzzler.

I have the browser open so that while I'm sitting at TopNotch or Iron Demon I can read this web forum to make sure I'm up to date on all the doings and gossip, share 'wtf moments', stuff like that.

Like I said, it's just weird.
I have Paint open so I can take screenshots of the results windows from arkfalls to compare my scores, and paint runs smoothly.
I can open itunes while the browser is bogged and listen to mp3s without a hitch.

I'm just throwing this out there in case somebody needed to hit me with a shoe and point to something stupid I'm missing.

Anyway, thanks for the time to read and consider.