PDA

View Full Version : Micro Transactions

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I realize that these are part of the game, however raising prices of in game items to promote people buying bits is a bit much. Seriously, take a cue from Mass Effect rather than ****** your community for tier 4 lockboxes at 5 bucks a pop, lower the price. That or if you insist on charging what amounts to 5 bucks give up some ultra rares or legendaries. I don't mind the micros at all. I would just like some bang for the money we are spending. Some people spent 150 bucks on the game, bought the season pass, and spent money on bits to buy the generic suits of clothing that is the same stuff you get for finishing pursuits. Help your community Trion, and they will continue to support you. Stabbing your community in the neck and saying take it and like it is a good way to lose gamers.

Stickybuds
05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I realize that these are part of the game, however raising prices of in game items to promote people buying bits is a bit much. Seriously, take a cue from Mass Effect rather than ****** your community for tier 4 lockboxes at 5 bucks a pop, lower the price. That or if you insist on charging what amounts to 5 bucks give up some ultra rares or legendaries. I don't mind the micros at all. I would just like some bang for the money we are spending. Some people spent 150 bucks on the game, bought the season pass, and spent money on bits to buy the generic suits of clothing that is the same stuff you get for finishing pursuits. Help your community Trion, and they will continue to support you. Stabbing your community in the neck and saying take it and like it is a good way to lose gamers.
Do you pay a subscription fee? No!

/thread closed

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM

/thread closed

I also don't pay 5 dollars for a recolor of a pair of sunglasses.

Stickybuds
05-08-2013, 08:02 PM
I also don't pay 5 dollars for a recolor of a pair of sunglasses.

Yeah I think you missed the point lol

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 09:44 PM
You are right we don't pay sub fees, but we shouldn't be getting hammered for 400 bits to get 4 green useless items out of a tier 4 lockbox either. Nor should we have to get stroked bcuz the devs want pl to buy vehicles from their store for 12 bucks. The truck was in the beta now to get it you have to come outta pocket. That sir is what is hurting a very good game. If you actually read the original post and comprehended it you would see that. I again state for the record "I understand the need for micros, just not being forced into them bcuz the company didn't make enuff money on retail sales of the game."

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM

/thread closed
nope and neither do u.

Orge Lambart
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
lol @ people, go play team fortress 2 if you want to talk about overpriced clothing items... aren't they the kings of selling overpriced crap. 10 bucks for a stupid hat...

Also the bit sales make up the difference for you not having to pay a monthly fee. They are totally optional, it'd be like me complaining about getting charged extra for cheese on my hamburger.

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Thats tru they are overpriced lol

Xaearth
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
lol @ people, go play team fortress 2 if you want to talk about overpriced clothing items... aren't they the kings of selling overpriced crap. 10 bucks for a stupid hat...

Also the bit sales make up the difference for you not having to pay a monthly fee. They are totally optional, it'd be like me complaining about getting charged extra for cheese on my hamburger.

The difference is, unlike Defiance, you need a quality hat to keep your brains intact when your head kersplodes.
It isn't just style, it's function.

Oh and there's that other little tidbit that it's actually possible to get clothing items as item drops in TF2, so long as you're premium.

PS: I would totally pay $20 for a floating balloon hellbug that follows me around.
But only if you reduce the price of those pink shades to go with it.

Indra Echo
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Gonna just say here you are way off track citing Mass Effect. Mass Effect 3 has micro transactions for consumables-such as buffs to ammo and equipment included in with the chance to get rares and so on-characters and weapons. I don't have to pay to get the lock boxes, just like I didn't have to pay to get the stuff in ME3. But in ME3 you also had to pay for alternate appearance packs with no other way to earn them, so whatever.

You even say it here that some people pay for stuff they could get in pursuits. The difference is having the patience to wait and get stuff, or paying for it to have it NOW. No one forces you to buy anything with real money in the store-Need/Want.

Orge Lambart
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Thats tru they are overpriced lol

it's true the game is a very good discount, considering you don't pay a monthly fee.... see how that works? The shop items are optional..... OPTIONAL.... most of the outfits are just color swaps of items you can get in the game by doing pursuits.

The only item that has any real effect you can't get in the game is the Nomad, which seems decent I guess, not worth the 10 bucks or whatever it is they want but...

Indra Echo
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
You are right we don't pay sub fees, but we shouldn't be getting hammered for 400 bits to get 4 green useless items out of a tier 4 lockbox either. Nor should we have to get stroked bcuz the devs want pl to buy vehicles from their store for 12 bucks. The truck was in the beta now to get it you have to come outta pocket. That sir is what is hurting a very good game. If you actually read the original post and comprehended it you would see that. I again state for the record "I understand the need for micros, just not being forced into them bcuz the company didn't make enuff money on retail sales of the game."

Are you forced to buy the lock boxes using real money? No. I'm a sucky player and I've gotten enough salvage and scrip to buy more boxes than I could ever use. The stuff just ends up cluttering up my inventory and gets recycled.

You don't have to buy the vehicles either. I've gotten vehicles in the game (check for specials a lot at vendors) for 500 scrip. Or, you can save scrip and buy them at the going rate. No one is forcing you to buy anything. And so far, no I haven't seen the truck for sale in the game-doesn't mean it won't be.

You are not forced into paying real money for any of that stuff.

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 10:02 PM
The Mass Efect reference was a pricing reference. the original complaint is this the devs are changing in game pricing on a whim to force ppl into micros. 5 weeks after release and they "realize" the vehicle prices are too low. Honestly, all the price raising is going to do is force new players that have limited patience with earning cash to do is buy it with bits. This isn't me complaining bcuz I bought into stuff. This is me asking Trion to have a little compasion for their players. Nothing more.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 10:02 PM

you paid real money for fake junk? you buy tier 3 with resources dummy you buy inventory spaces with real money

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Can't get them for 500 scrip now. It's 15,000.

MaSh_MaN94
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Lol @ you if you think outfits are not overpriced. you sir,are an idiot.

DeadmanDave
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Okay, I think everyone has completely missed the point. All I was trying to suggest is that Trion lower the prices. Only thing I have bought with bits is inv slots. those bits came with my game.