PDA

View Full Version : Why can't develpors balance weapons?

TheNeoReaper
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
You wanna dominate PVP just use infector or some type of shotgun. Everything else is garbage.

Dobranoc
05-08-2013, 09:16 PM
You wanna dominate PVP just use infector or some type of shotgun. Everything else is garbage.

truthfully balancing acts are hard. I think it is mostly a lack of data to see where weapons are right now (since most use shotguns and infectors in PvP) the only thing I would be able to do with the numbers is blindly nerf shotguns and infectors, which can go to far and make them useless (which is bad even though some might throw their hands up in praise). sooo I think they will go with small tweeks and try to lower damage, spread, aim assists, range (again), bullet speed, rate of fire every so often to get to a point where people use OTHER weapons. /shrug I think shotguns are almost where they need to be (dont like pumps that can burst and full auto though... seems pointless to use combats...) and infectors are annoying to me because the bugs (always hated pet users since its the lazy mans game... but there is no limit to how many they can spawn and they do as much damage as a non-crit semi auto sniper rifle)