PDA

View Full Version : ******s ego 1500 killing skiterlings at ark for points

the stang dang
05-08-2013, 11:14 PM
So I was invited to play with random players so I joined them both were around 1500ego and higher.we went to do a ark fall and it was the one were the skiterlings have to bite the ark to open up a weak.these ******s are shooting the skiterlings so the ark fall was taking forever!!!! I told them why are u doing that? They wanted to getpoints to be on top when the aarkfall is over!! What!!! These guys ruin the game for everyone. I quickly left .so if a ark fall is taking a long time its because those 2 ****** are near it.

swat brigade
05-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Cry me a river....who cares , your such a pro

Monkerlotus
05-08-2013, 11:22 PM
I've learned to just leave instead of wasting time with people like that, do some damage and get out, you'll get your credit later on and won't be sitting around a slowly decaying crystal instead of doing something productive.

Just remember, it's 3 deeps breathes and just a short drive from Shondu to San Quentin for some easy rage kills and loot :p

Myst
05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I was surprised at myself for leaving an arkfall when I saw players just killing everything, I just thought to myself. "Nope..just fast traveled away." I don't think they ever did finish that arkfall since the last one I went to they went after every skitterling and whatever else crawled out and they just didn't finish.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
So I was invited to play with random players so I joined them both were around 1500ego and higher.we went to do a ark fall and it was the one were the skiterlings have to bite the ark to open up a weak.these ******s are shooting the skiterlings so the ark fall was taking forever!!!! I told them why are u doing that? They wanted to getpoints to be on top when the aarkfall is over!! What!!! These guys ruin the game for everyone. I quickly left .so if a ark fall is taking a long time its because those 2 ****** are near it.im driving inn circles now. ill leave when people show up

RequiemPrime
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I still don't understand how some players have come to the conclusion that killing the skits is what puts you on top...when it's actually the damage that is done to the crystal.

Seriously....all you need is a Wolfhound...shoot the weak points the skits made....then watch your score be in the millions. It's that simple.

Skystriker
05-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I still don't understand how some players have come to the conclusion that killing the skits is what puts you on top...when it's actually the damage that is done to the crystal.

I do not think so.

RequiemPrime
05-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I do not think so.

3.3 million using a Wolfhound.

I do think so.

Xazur
05-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Killing skitterlings is mainly for doing the 2500 major arkfall kills. Plus killing skitterlings does give you damage, but shooting them with weapons is useless, running them over in a car gives you about 3000 per kill. So yeh, if you see people killing skitterlings, they are farming, so move on to another crystal.

rReves
05-09-2013, 12:28 AM
I do not think so.

Try it. RequiemPrime is quite right there.

Wolfhound on the crystals softspots. Ground pounder on monarchs (and the occassional warrior). Heavy assault carbine with burst mod (and crit bonuses if you can find it) on the mouths and flying hellion. And use overcharge ofc.

13 kills and 5.4m dmg on a mature hellbug arkfall the other day doing just that, full focus on getting the arkfall done as fast as possible. #2 was 215 kills 2.3m dmg.
Don't need to kill a single mob just for points to hit first place.

The vast majority of that is the wolfhound critting on crystals.

SuperDingleberg
05-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Hi the stang dang. Welcome to the internet :) Its full of cat pictures and people who do things we don't like.

Era
05-09-2013, 02:33 AM
I do not think so.

And you would be horribly wrong. Obey the sig.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/Strifera/Iwin_zps75f1923e.jpg

Iceberg
05-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Why does it really matter if you are on top of the leader boards for an arkfall? If you have cluster grenades equipped it just bugs out anyways. Farming the skitterlings for the 2500 kills is what most people are doing, once they get that I am sure you will see less of those types of players.

Era
05-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Why does it really matter if you are on top of the leader boards for an arkfall? If you have cluster grenades equipped it just bugs out anyways. Farming the skitterlings for the 2500 kills is what most people are doing, once they get that I am sure you will see less of those types of players.

Because arkfalls are entirely soloable with the possible exception of the final boss, healing is pointless, and how much damage you do accurately reflects how much you are contributing to the arkfall? Enemy health scales with number of players. If you aren't dealing out damage fast enough you are hurting, not helping. Damage boards let you see how well you are contributing and if you need to improve, which many people do.

Iceberg
05-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Because arkfalls are entirely soloable with the possible exception of the final boss, healing is pointless, and how much damage you do accurately reflects how much you are contributing to the arkfall? Enemy health scales with number of players. If you aren't dealing out damage fast enough you are hurting, not helping. Damage boards let you see how well you are contributing and if you need to improve, which many people do.

But why does it matter? I can go to an arkfall kill 1 enemy and go off and do something else and still get credit for the xp and keys. Being on the top of the leaderboard doesn't give me any incentive what so ever.

Era
05-09-2013, 03:08 AM
But why does it matter? I can go to an arkfall kill 1 enemy and go off and do something else and still get credit for the xp and keys. Being on the top of the leaderboard doesn't give me any incentive what so ever.

And you also aren't trying to play the arkfall and you aren't hanging around buffing enemies. For you it doesn't matter. But you know some people actually stick around and complete those arkfalls for you, right?

Yardragon
05-09-2013, 03:11 AM
every damn game has to have its HALO howler.
just move on, literally OP.

Iceberg
05-09-2013, 03:13 AM
And you also aren't trying to play the arkfall and you aren't hanging around buffing enemies. For you it doesn't matter. But you know some people actually stick around and complete those arkfalls for you, right?

Mob mentality is great sometimes :)

The point I am trying to make is that Trion needs to re think their arkfall system. Once they fix the client side character save issue where players can modify their own stats, and start giving incentives for being in the top 3-5 on the leaderboards and not allow cars at the arkfalls, I think this system would be much more balanced for all involved. Also helping out with the arkfall instead of just hitting one enemy and then taking off and still getting full xp and keys for it needs to be patched.

Calypso Atlas
05-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Did you ever stop and think that some people kill the Skits because they are fast kills and help towards the 2.5K over all kills on the Arkfall pursuit?

I know I am always killing skits, but if the timer starts hitting 5 minutes and we still have half way to go, I stop killing them and focus on the crystal exclusively.

Cephious
05-09-2013, 03:15 AM

Quite obvious my friend that you took offense to the OP. Which can only suggest that you are doing this idiotic noobish thing yourself. Who cares? It doesn't take being a pro to figure out that ranking up your roller at arkfalls is the wrong way to go about things. Not to mention when it is an arkfall that you have to destroy the crystal...and people are driving over all the skitterlings...I am pretty sure ANYONE at that arkfall is pissed when 30 minutes later you all fail.

I drive away/leave when anyone starts doing that. And as the hundreds of posts have already requested, I really hope they do something about it.

squidgod2000
05-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Killing skitterlings is mainly for doing the 2500 major arkfall kills. Plus killing skitterlings does give you damage, but shooting them with weapons is useless, running them over in a car gives you about 3000 per kill. So yeh, if you see people killing skitterlings, they are farming, so move on to another crystal.

This. Got my 2500 last night.

I usually look for the arkfall that is least likely to have people at it and farm the skitterlings there. Failing that, I join with the zerg where all the idiots are using explosives on the crystals and killing the skits anyways.

Numina
05-09-2013, 03:34 AM

Agreed! This is from using only wolfhound, just about an hour ago.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/hexe_py2o1/2013-05-09_00007_zpseb726b00.jpg

ISLAND3R
05-09-2013, 03:56 AM
im driving inn circles now. ill leave when people show up

Really? I don't believe you for one reason. You joined these forums in feb and have about 2000 posts. So for that reason I think your lying. WHY? Because you never leave these forums to play!!!!!
You troll everyones threads adding useless information or to insult the original poster.

Just so you know. Ego level isn't how many posts you have, You earn Ego when you actually play the game.
"This guy thought he was almost at ego level 2000" LMAO

Jmeach
05-09-2013, 03:59 AM

haha good stuff right there