PDA

View Full Version : I thought you were supposed to grind in MMOs

awuerth
05-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Why do they keep taking out every farming technique. I know its to make money because they want to spend bits for lockboxes but lets be honest who does that anyway we all use keycodes. So stop taking away our fun.

mikepaul
05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Why do they keep taking out every farming technique. I know its to make money because they want to spend bits for lockboxes but lets be honest who does that anyway we all use keycodes. So stop taking away our fun.
What Trion has done is to provide a modern Dust Bowl to keycode farmers, who now have to become migrant farmers instead, which is not quite the grind it could be.

I mean, technically all you have to do is show up at the final battle of a Major Arkfall, shoot at a bug or two, then go get a snack while the rest of the crowd earns you your keycodes. Since getting the extra 1 or 2 keycodes is apparently not linked to individual effort, you can see up to 5 with practically no work.

Ummm, unless it's a Progenitor arkfall, and it's broken. Again.

If speed is the whole issue, that you want 40 keycodes per hour so you can weed through multitudes of lockboxes per day, then that's GRINDING, not farming. I played Divinity II, and found a supply of enemies that respawned infinitely as long as I was willing to run through a dungeon and kill them. Over and over and over and... Well, I spent a LONG time doing that, and I almost started naming them due to seeing them so often. I was so leveled up that the end was a joke, nobody could hurt me and they all insta-died. That was a GRIND.

So I think you should be happy that you get to tour the countryside looking for work, rather than running around in one spot doing the same thing over and over to eke out keycodes. Wind in your hair as your runner sails down the road. Until you reach some roadblock that is. Darn roadblocks...

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 03:17 AM
My issue is not the gringing its the non existent loot drops, i get so pissed off when killing a hulker or anything big in this game only drops a few scrip bit of scrap and a white weapon shield or mod. Come on Trion we know you want us to use the store but be fair. Put cosmetic items vehicles and boosts in the store, but take out lock boxes and give us better loot drops. By the way never ever ever pay real money for a loot box you will be let down.

Turantula
05-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Darn roadblocks...

This right here, damn them all lol

randomhero204
05-09-2013, 04:17 AM
It's dumb that they keep nerfing ways to get keycodes when that's the name of the game.

From what I have ever read on the forums about grinding/farming...
You guys are doing it wrong.... And no I'm not going to tell you what I do out of fear that trion will just make it not possible to do anymore and no it's cheating or exploiting anything. It's just playing the game.

A hint is I don't do 1 mission or emergency over and over, I stay on the move through out the world constantly.

awuerth
05-09-2013, 08:14 PM
It's dumb that they keep nerfing ways to get keycodes when that's the name of the game.

From what I have ever read on the forums about grinding/farming...
You guys are doing it wrong.... And no I'm not going to tell you what I do out of fear that trion will just make it not possible to do anymore and no it's cheating or exploiting anything. It's just playing the game.

A hint is I don't do 1 mission or emergency over and over, I stay on the move through out the world constantly.

What do you do? shoot an arkfall once then find the next one lol

MAXsandwich
05-09-2013, 08:29 PM
My issue is not the gringing its the non existent loot drops, i get so pissed off when killing a hulker or anything big in this game only drops a few scrip bit of scrap and a white weapon shield or mod. Come on Trion we know you want us to use the store but be fair. Put cosmetic items vehicles and boosts in the store, but take out lock boxes and give us better loot drops. By the way never ever ever pay real money for a loot box you will be let down.

Better loot rewards would be nice...

Better loot variety would even be better...

Green, Blue, Purple, Orange... It's still pretty much the same gun....

Real money to open a lock box for a miniscule chance at that? Thats plain stupid.