PDA

View Full Version : Servers

DarkBardRaven
05-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Something you want to tell us Trion, Dev's, Programmer's.......anyone in charge?

Era
05-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Clearly the servers are down.

Maybe they're rererereenabling Freight Yard.

YakCast
05-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Since, no one plays this early the morning. :D

Arsenic_Touch
05-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Don't you love the "scheduled downtime" message that comes up and when you go to check where it was scheduled, you find no official posts on the forum or on their twitter.

Calypso Atlas
05-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Clearly the servers are down.

Maybe they're rererereenabling Freight Yard.

Don't tease us so!

DarkBardRaven
Hahahaha you know......I doubt it though that would mean they where doing something right for a change. All fronts are quiet though so I doubt it is a planned down time. Just keeps getting worse I mean really what online game, even cheap fly by night ones have some type of communication for when this type of thing happens half the time we tell them there game is down. Waiting for my pay check from Trion.

Ambic
Something you want to tell us Trion, Dev's, Programmer's.......anyone in charge?

Trion doesn't communicate with their customers. They just ninja changes and hope we don't notice.

Then when enough people complain, Trion comes back and says something like "Oh, we didn't mean for that to be released in this patch, we will hotfix it with more downtime later on."

BrassRazoo
05-09-2013, 03:38 AM
They usually go down form me (AU) most nights at 7pm for a quick restart.
I logged on at 7:15pm and about 20 minutes later get a 30 minutes until shutdown warning but no mention of the quick restart.

LordRahl
05-09-2013, 03:38 AM
I think it is a real crappy way to do things , which seems par for the course with this game. How difficult is it to give an estimate at the least so people can do other things instead of being in game land limbo , c'mon Trion get your **** together.

Cephious
05-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Yep happened the other night too. Shortly after the nightly reset, they went down again without warning or mention by any Trion front. Same thing tonight. WTF

Era
05-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Hahahaha you know......I doubt it though that would mean they where doing something right for a change. All fronts are quiet though so I doubt it is a planned down time. Just keeps getting worse I mean really what online game, even cheap fly by night ones have some type of communication for when this type of thing happens half the time we tell them there game is down. Waiting for my pay check from Trion.

This would not be the first unannounced downtime that was scheduled.

Ambic
05-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Unannounced but scheduled?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Kilzen
05-09-2013, 03:44 AM
This would not be the first unannounced downtime that was scheduled.

Truth and sadly won't be the last.... *sad face*

DarkBardRaven
05-09-2013, 03:46 AM
Hahaha standard is if there is no post it is not planned. But then again it's Trion.

Roberto
05-09-2013, 03:47 AM
They go down almost every day for a restart at 5am EST. They have never been down this long for a restart though.

Jugoe
05-09-2013, 03:48 AM
Come on servers this salvage wont make itself

Scopics
Unannounced but scheduled?
Doesn't make sense to me.

I just don't understand how everyone's angry about little things... It's an Xbox MMO for a lot of us. It's new, they have the right to kinda deal with ****. It's not like Halo. **** goes wrong with little tweaks and they address them quickly... You want a game that'll really piss you off and give you and the rest of these kids something to complain about, go play WarZ. You'll think these Dev's are angels after seeing how those devs address issues.

Kurokawa
Someone needs to wake up the overnight crew and tell them the server is down.

Krager
okay.. first thanks.. thought i was the only one.. second .. we cant fix it so lets do something fun.. anyone want to start a pool as to when it will come back up? you get braggin rights for being psychic ?

Arsenic_Touch
05-09-2013, 03:50 AM
I just don't understand how everyone's angry about little things... It's an Xbox MMO for a lot of us. It's new, they have the right to kinda deal with ****. It's not like Halo. **** goes wrong with little tweaks and they address them quickly... You want a game that'll really piss you off and give you and the rest of these kids something to complain about, go play WarZ. You'll think these Dev's are angels after seeing how those devs address issues.

So what's their excuse for the pc side of things then? this isn't Trion's first mmo title. This isn't our first mmo rodeo either.

Scopics
05-09-2013, 03:51 AM
okay.. first thanks.. thought i was the only one.. second .. we cant fix it so lets do something fun.. anyone want to start a pool as to when it will come back up? you get braggin rights for being psychic ?

7:22est time......

Connor MacLeod
05-09-2013, 03:54 AM
The Servers have been down since 2:30 am pacific time - Anyone know what's up? I was playing excuted a fast travel then got kick I have never been kick or crash ever from game I been playing all day without any problems ?

Scopics
05-09-2013, 03:54 AM
So what's their excuse for the pc side of things then? this isn't Trion's first mmo title. This isn't our first mmo rodeo.

The PC and Xbox correspond with the region we are in. Generally you don't see them do anything for PC unless Xbox and Ps3 have the same thing done as well... I'd assume they need to fix something minor on all platforms or the restart tweaked something and they have to fix it. Like I said, I'm not too worried about things like this. Play WarZ and you'll appreciate these Devs so much more. It could be tons worse... I promise that.

Calypso Atlas
05-09-2013, 03:57 AM
The Servers have been down since 2:30 am pacific time - Anyone know what's up? I was playing excuted a fast travel then got kick I have never been kick or crash ever from game I been playing all day without any problems ?

They went down at about 3am pacific time, I know because right when I logged in at 5:55 EST it shot off a 5 minute warning.

Lady Ellen
05-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Before logging out last night there had been a few problems with arkfalls. Also when I logged in on the AM just before the restart all my stats for a few of my contracts had been reset so I would say they have some probs. :{

Ambic
05-09-2013, 03:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UBftA7V4xak

MacDeath
05-09-2013, 04:03 AM
It's sad that Trion doesn't make a shard status page for Defiance similar to this one for Rift.
http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

DarkBardRaven
05-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Lol funny really people you keep defending them but honestly that is half the reason our world is so messed up. Stop making excuses for them and make the own up to there mistakes. If you continue to pat someone on the head and say its ok they never learn if they keep this up I hope the whole company tanks Rift and all.

Roberto
05-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Lol funny really people you keep defending them but honestly that is half the reason our world is so messed up. Stop making excuses for them and make the own up to there mistakes. If you continue to pat someone on the head and say its ok they never learn if they keep this up I hope the whole company tanks Rift and all.

Maybe the reason people are defending is because a lot of potential new players come to check these forums to see what the game is like before hand. And with all these entitlists going around whining 24/7 the stuff they see doesn't reflect the majority of players opinion on the game.

Archeus9
05-09-2013, 04:08 AM

Yeah, thats what scares me too. It's like people are brainwashed or something. :/

LordRahl
05-09-2013, 04:10 AM
For the most part the issue now is not so mucvh the down time, it is the fact that they do not even have the decency to give a heads up. I think the fact that they call it a scheduled downtime and there is no post at all from Trion explaining,warning or informing anyone about anything is a lack or respect for their customers at best and a flat out F U to their gamers at worst.

Archeus9
05-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Maybe the reason people are defending is because a lot of potential new players come to check these forums to see what the game is like before hand. And with all these entitlists going around whining 24/7 the stuff they see doesn't reflect the majority of players opinion on the game.

First off, sitting here and calling people names calling them elitists isn't going to fly. Can it. At least try and use a fraction of willpower you have to be civil eh?

Secondly, you have 0 proof to back up the claims of what you just said that it would be the "majority" If anything each, "ok this is bad thread" is usually made by a new person.

So.. there you go.

Newat
05-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Just because something else is worse doesn't mean people should be ok with inferior services or products. Don't feel like the DT is a big deal but I couldn't read your comment and not comment about it.

Era
05-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Servers are UP!

Azimov
05-09-2013, 04:13 AM
The downtime casue could be anything. Where I work we had a downtime issue where a fiber cable was cut by a train derailment 20 miles away and we could not get word out to anyone. THe point is it may not be Trion taking the servers down.

Roberto
05-09-2013, 04:15 AM
First off, sitting here and calling people names calling them elitists isn't going to fly. Can it. At least try and use a fraction of willpower you have to be civil eh?

Secondly, you have 0 proof to back up the claims of what you just said that it would be the "majority" If anything each, "ok this is bad thread" is usually made by a new person.

So.. there you go.

The only thing that makes any sense out of your post is your question regarding the majority. I am speaking of the majority of people who play this game, not the select few who complain on here all day.

Green_fiend
05-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Hey all!
first post.

got the game ( CD ) today only to find i had a 6hour patch (2.55 Mbps thats really good for new zealand)
get in the game and then the "5 mins till shutdown"

not fun D:

anyway.
i really dislike the lack of communication about downtime,
i spent a good 15 mins google/ forum hunting for anything to tell me about downtime - nothing at all.

while i do agree some people cry far too much on forums about things like this. what i do agree with is the lack of communication.
for a game that boasts 1 million players this is beyond acceptable.

just what i think :)

DarkBardRaven
05-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Really that's all you have to say entitlists. It has nothing to do with feeling entitled it has everything to do with getting what you paid for so what there is no monthly subscription fee big whoop you still paid good money for a game that is for all intensive purposes still a beta game. I have a right as do many of the people on these forums to speak my mind especially when it is backed up by there own faults. You say that you are the majority hahahahaha your funny go read the forums we are the majority sir yes as time went by more and more people are having issues with this game. As for people coming to this forum and trying to see if the game is worth it " THIS GAME IS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY ~~~YET~~~ " I say yet because I am always willing to give them time hell I spent the sixty for it so I am going to play it but would I recommended this game to someone no not right now. If you use the excuse of other people then you sir have issues.

ArcTJ
05-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Wait, What's time is there. I'm about to finish from my work, takes train, get back home and chill. My GF is going to Phuket tonight and i have extra time to play