PDA

View Full Version : Weapon effectiveness

RipN8R
05-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Do some weapons work better on some mobs than others?

What I mean is, it seems that some weapons work better on Mob A and Mob B seems to just laugh at it, while a totally different type of weapon will work well with Mob B and Mob A seems almost immune to it. Is this a glitch or 'working as intended' or more of my inner psycho coming through?

Another observation I had is that rocket launchers seem almost pointless compared to pretty much any other weapon. Should they not be more powerful than most weapons, especially when you only get such a limited amount of ammo? I know these are noobish questions but if I don't ask these questions then I will never get an answer... and hopefully a useful, mature answer.

meremortal
05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Guns makes different damage to different enemies, the robots or the hellbugs seems to have armor as well as the dark matters,
when you hit them, the damage number are minor when you hit a ranger and it does not have a protection you'll see high damage numbers and yes grenades, rocket launchers and detonators make the same damage as a fart do: D

Draaconis
05-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm still testing this, but as far as I can tell so far:

Electricty is good on shields and scrappers.
Just about everything is good on raiders, but fire and syphon work great.
Radiation works good on 99ers and scrappers.
Stinkfoot doesn't seem to work "good" on anything. Fair is about all I get from them.

Jack Johnson
05-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Yeah, some weapons like wolfwounds and snipers are definitely weakspot weapons, whereas you've got other weapons like shotties/infectors that don't get much benefit at all from weakspots, and then some weapons that are balanced.

Tankers for example are entirely weakspot damage (their backpack has damage reduction yet at the same time is considered a weak spot in terms of critical modifiers), whereas other enemies like turrets, hellbug archers, and blast pods among others have no weakpots at all.

A saw with +% critical and a shotgun with a desirable nano effect is probably the best loadout you can run with since you're covered in all scenarios.

ncanning
05-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd say answer your own questions to get the best answer.

If you go into settings you can turn on "view weapon damage", and this will let you see who is getting hurt how much.

I have found no real difference from mob to mod. Some mobs take less damage, but they take less damage from all weapons. Some creatures have more critical spots then others and this may be your issue. Raiders are easy headshots, but you have to wait for a hell bug to open it's mouth... or shoot it in the butt to get the crits.

Sanguinesun
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Weapons themselves arent necessarily mob type specific. However how you play those weapons and perk you playstyle is more to the point. The weapons are more geared to combat situations for single and multi target and as well due to current weapon imbalances there are certain sets of weapons that do well on everything.

crasher
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm still testing this, but as far as I can tell so far:

Electricty is good on shields and scrappers.
Just about everything is good on raiders, but fire and syphon work great.
Radiation works good on 99ers and scrappers.
Stinkfoot doesn't seem to work "good" on anything. Fair is about all I get from them.

I've got to go mostly with this.
But rockets are water balloons as far as effectiveness is concerned. I admit to being amazed at rocketwork by 2 or 3 people out in Head First Crater against bugs, but I can multi-hit a raider with rockets and not slow him down or throw him off balance.
Raiders can absorb more SAW/shotgun damage up close than I can take from a pistol at distance.

And D.M. can do more concentrated damage than I can.

And the snipers with the laser pointers? Some of those guys can light me up from distances I can't even see them to shoot.

RipN8R
05-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Thank you all for all your helpful input. At least I know I am not crazy, and I will stop futzing around with rocket launchers. In my travels I have not found one good use for a rocket launcher, yet a good machine gun and a couple of the grenade launchers I have had great results with especially against those damn dark matter robots. Thanks again for all the helpful input.