PDA

View Full Version : Its a Hard game

DagonMadness
05-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Is it just me or is this game Hard ?

I can barely play 10minutes without dying.

Schwa
05-09-2013, 07:06 AM
This has to be a joke.

ironhands
05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
This has to be a joke.

I miss barley. Oats too.

Some people are just bad a shooters. I die a lot too, but I run up without a care half the time. Strange though, beat jackleg joe on first try without spoilers.

Zugo
05-09-2013, 07:08 AM
It was a little hard for me at first because I rarely play shooters on consoles. I'm just not that great at targeting with a controller. I learned to use cover alot, and equiped a 3sec delay shield.

Schwa
I miss barley. Oats too.

Some people are just bad a shooters. I die a lot too, but I run up without a care half the time. Strange though, beat jackleg joe on first try without spoilers.

I am bad at shooters. That's why I think this is a joke thread. I had no problems with Defiance.

ironhands
I am bad at shooters. That's why I think this is a joke thread. I had no problems with Defiance.
so am i lol

Cutlass Jack
05-09-2013, 07:11 AM

Yeah me too. Luckily in my case, I have a wife who's an incredible sniper, which goes a long way towards covering my obsessive need to melee things. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to my suggestion to the OP. Find a friend you can play with or a helpful clan. Outside of a handful of missions you must do solo, you don't have to go it alone.

DagonMadness
05-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Its not that i am good at Shooters but other games i manage to stay alive longer. I would say like Borderlands 2 but its impossible to compare a somewhat good game (Defiance) to a insanely fun game (Borderlands 2) :p

Srry for any grammar mistakes. I am horrible in grammar both english and my language.

DagonMadness
05-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah me too. Luckily in my case, I have a wife who's an incredible sniper, which goes a long way towards covering my obsessive need to melee things. :rolleyes:

Which brings me to my suggestion to the OP. Find a friend you can play with or a helpful clan. Outside of a handful of missions you must do solo, you don't have to go it alone.

Lucky indeed, I have many firends but none of the wants to play this game at all.

DagonMadness
05-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I miss barley. Oats too.

I Cant even beat jackleg joe`s Henchmen :/

Zugo
05-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Its not that i am good at Shooters but other games i manage to stay alive longer. I would say like Borderlands 2 but its impossible to compare a somewhat good game (Defiance) to a insanely fun game (Borderlands 2) :p

Srry for any grammar mistakes. I am horrible in grammar both english and my language.

Oh ok, that's it then. I played Borderlands and Borderlands2 and the enemies here are doing more damage. If you stand toe to toe with them in the open you are likely to get downed.

Sanguinesun
05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
I Cant even beat jackleg joe`s Henchmen :/

For Jackleg beating recipe

1 Ground pounder detenator or nade shotgun
1 ARC Saw (preferably with a fire nano proc)
1 Incendiary grenade
1 knowing how to dodge-roll and using barriers to block damage

Simply kill minions with the detenator/shotgun nader as needed. When the lil midget ones come out use the incendiary grendade on them. When they start to burn get ready to shoot the boss. Any other vulnerable time for the boss as well shoot em with the ARC. When the boss drops to the main floor, detonator away or arc away as you please.

khaotika
05-09-2013, 08:19 AM

the original post make me laugh that comment made me one to smack you back to BL2, you just compared a dragon and a pixie.

Azrael008uk
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Actually the game is harder than you realise sometimes.

For an Arkfall all I usually do is shoot the enemies or the crystal and make my way to the Major Arkfall and shoot the Symbiote and the Monarchs until it pays me.

But yesterday, I was the first at an arkfall.

I cleared it, and when it spawned 6 Hellbug Pods on me it was a little touch and go.

Anways, I must have cleared 3 or 4 minors before other people started showing up.

We got to the Major Arkfall and there was only a handful of us instead of the massive swarm of pink I'm used to seeing.

And without the cushion of the entire servicer population hammering away at the Major Arkfall the event was WAY tougher than it would normally be because enemies were actually targetting people.

So yeah, the game can be hard sometimes.

It's still good fun.

Az

ncanning
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Dude, I tell everyone the same thing. Turn on the setting to view your weapon damage. Learning when you actually hit and how much damage you cause will make a big difference.

And range makes a big differnce too. THis game has fall off damage meaning that for most weapons the farther you are the less damage you do.

Facade
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Honestly the only thing that I find truly difficult in this game is trying to solo 2 Bulwarks with 5 other Dark Matter taking pot shots at me in an open area.

Sanguinesun
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Dude, I tell everyone the same thing. Turn on the setting to view your weapon damage. Learning when you actually hit and how much damage you cause will make a big difference.

And range makes a big differnce too. THis game has fall off damage meaning that for most weapons the farther you are the less damage you do.

That's a good point too for those that dont notice weak spots on mobs.

Miserere
05-09-2013, 08:29 AM
When I first started playing, I had the old MMO mind set in my head of just go beat it in the face till it died. But that's not how the game works. You will need to use your surroundings the best that you can. I really wished there was a lean button but I can do without it. Just make sure you don't get hit from behind, roll out of the way of things, blast barrels, and hide being crates or other objects.