PDA

View Full Version : Where Game Meets Show

Sull
05-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Was just reading this:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/where-game-meets-show

And one part in particular caught my eye:

Your Brain on Adreno

Nico and Ulysses were involved in an illegal operation manufacturing Adreno, a stimulant originally used to fuel soldiers during the Pale Wars. In the Defiance game, some enemies are hooked on Adreno, making them even more fearsome (and erratic) than they normally are.

Has anyone spotted any Adreno-hooked enemies? I may have unknowingly fought a few of them but didn't know any different. Are they tagged differently? Look different?

khaotika
05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Was just reading this:

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/where-game-meets-show

And one part in particular caught my eye:

Your Brain on Adreno

Nico and Ulysses were involved in an illegal operation manufacturing Adreno, a stimulant originally used to fuel soldiers during the Pale Wars. In the Defiance game, some enemies are hooked on Adreno, making them even more fearsome (and erratic) than they normally are.

Has anyone spotted any Adreno-hooked enemies? I may have unknowingly fought a few of them but didn't know any different. Are they tagged differently? Look different?

in one of the Co-Op instances the adreno junkied mutants have a blue haze around them and the boss at the end "Ripper" looks likea big mutant and he has a lighter blue tone to his skin in certain spots on his body

ItISLupus
05-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, also in the "kith and kinship" main story mission

They have a light blue aura around them.

Miserere
05-09-2013, 08:18 AM
I think it's the Liberate the Lost Co-Op where you run into these buggers. And they are super fast and annoying.

IGears
05-09-2013, 08:19 AM
in one of the Co-Op instances the adreno junkied mutants have a blue haze around them and the boss at the end "Ripper" looks likea big mutant and he has a lighter blue tone to his skin in certain spots on his body

yeah, thats about it. It would be cool to see Adreno junkied Raiders since the show made it plausible.

IGears
05-09-2013, 08:21 AM

that quest was a pain, reminded me of horde mode in Gears of War 2, just waves of enemies.

Miles Morales
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM
there is kind of a bunch of adreno junky raiders on mount tam.. it's kinda annoying

Sull
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Ah yes...the blue haze. Now I remember them (thanks). I could have sworn I had seen these guys around launch in one of the co-ops. The mutants with the hatchets.

IGears
05-09-2013, 08:39 AM
there is kind of a bunch of adreno junky raiders on mount tam.. it's kinda annoying

*mutants.. there's no Adreno Raiders in the game

Ryme
05-09-2013, 08:47 AM
*mutants.. there's no Adreno Raiders in the game

Maybe the hellbugs could eat some mutants and we can get Adreno Hellbugs.

IGears
05-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Maybe the hellbugs could eat some mutants and we can get Adreno Hellbugs.

lol faster and stronger hellbug warriors...then if they are elemental... that shtako would be hard

Ryme
05-09-2013, 09:16 AM
lol faster and stronger hellbug warriors...then if they are elemental... that shtako would be hard

That and chaingun Archers.

Cutlass Jack
05-09-2013, 09:18 AM

Aye this is where I remember them from.

MacDeath
05-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I think it's the Liberate the Lost Co-Op where you run into these buggers. And they are super fast and annoying.
Yep. That's one place where we see em. They can move really fast due to the Adreno effect.