PDA

View Full Version : Wasent there suppose to be a road map blog thing this week?

Rumbleskin
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Did i miss it or somthing? they were gonna talk about were the game was headed this week. I know its only thursday but maybe like i said i missed it

Rumbleskin
05-09-2013, 08:35 AM
noone knows?

squidgod2000
05-09-2013, 08:41 AM
There was a post from Sledge that basically said "we're working on it" to everything anyone has ever suggested. Just basic bullsh*t dev lip service.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
You're probably thinking of this quote:
"Following this, we will give you insight into where we’re heading with Defiance and how our DLC strategy is."
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

That was on April 29th. There have been 5 community blog posts since then, so it's fallen off the first page.

Rumbleskin
05-09-2013, 10:54 AM
You're probably thinking of this quote:
"Following this, we will give you insight into where we’re heading with Defiance and how our DLC strategy is."
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

That was on April 29th. There have been 5 community blog posts since then, so it's fallen off the first page.

so noone cares about it? players or devs?

Shogo_Yahagi
05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Well, my thought it is that I can't make him post if he doesn't want to.

Also, it's not entirely clear whether the phrase "After this" refers to that blog post or the preceding paragraph, which talks about players responding to the list contained in the blog post. If it's the latter, it may take them some time to figure out how to interpret and weight the responses to the post (Does a post with an upvote count twice as much as a post with votes? Do you discount upvotes because the people voting may have also contributed a response saying the same thing or upvoted many posts saying the same thing?).

I'm hoping we'll get another blog post from him this week, but at this point I'm neither holding my breath nor sharpening a pitchfork.

Rumbleskin
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Well, my thought it is that I can't make him post if he doesn't want to.

Also, it's not entirely clear whether the phrase "After this" refers to that blog post or the preceding paragraph, which talks about players responding to the list contained in the blog post. If it's the latter, it may take them some time to figure out how to interpret and weight the responses to the post (Does a post with an upvote count twice as much as a post with votes? Do you discount upvotes because the people voting may have also contributed a response saying the same thing or upvoted many posts saying the same thing?).

I'm hoping we'll get another blog post from him this week, but at this point I'm neither holding my breath nor sharpening a pitchfork.

I guess we will ether get it in 4 weeks then or never, more BS

MacDeath
05-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I guess we will ether get it in 4 weeks then or never, more BS
What causes you to say, "in 4 weeks then or never"? I can think of many other possibilities.

Pyth
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I thought I saw someone post that on the 9th they were going to be releasing DLC info.

Oh internet, you tricked me again.

Rumbleskin
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I thought I saw someone post that on the 9th they were going to be releasing DLC info.

seems they say one thing one week then think we forget what they said the week after.

MacDeath
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM

Nathan did release DLC info on the 9th. We don't all live in the same time zone, so it could have been on the 10th where you live.
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/09/you-just-keep-coming-back-for-more-but-now-what-lets-talk-potential/