PDA

View Full Version : What shield is this??

kobi
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
For weeks now this guy ( i dont care ill say his name in forums) Abu3kill in pvp cheating or something because he will not die at all, I have used my most powerful weapons on him and yet his shield only lost like 2-5% of durability.

His always on full shield even when his confronted with 3 shotguns he is able to kill everyone I even throw a granede on him that has 3714 max dmg with 1117 min dmg. and yet his shield is above 75% and the worst part is it ****ing recharges so quickly like if its recharge rate is 90% with 1 second delay?

So what shield is he using that has high capacity with strong recharge rate and quick delay?

This is in ps3.

ItISLupus
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM
I know purple resparks can have as low as 2.85. Is he cloaking? Cloak always recharges. Some times you are better off taking a slow recharge time, high capacity, quick refill shield

Durva360
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Might be the Lagtastic IV XD.......I've had moments when the lag in PVP was so bad people weren't taking any damage to their shield.

ncanning
05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I've had a shield with as low as 2.55 recharge.

As you get a higher ego, your shield strength goes up too. So if you are a 500 and he's a 5000 theres a big gap. THe hurricane shield is popular for high levels i understand too (70% recharge rate)

As for the cloak whinner. THe cloak does not instantly recharge, as long as the guy is still taking damage (fire, acid, elec, gun fire) the shield does not even start to recharge. Cloak only recharges when you manage to become totally invisible.

kobi
05-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah he cloaks but still it doesnt really explains why he takes so much less dmg and nope there is no lag as i can do high dmg to others easily but to him never. Even the scores at the end his always something like this 11/2 or 9/0.

Sanguinesun
05-09-2013, 08:32 AM
If he's killing alot and using a syphon nano proc on his weapons, he can stay up on his shield alot. I've personally been even at the point of getting a death cry for my character because I was essentially killed by a shot but because the syphon proc'd I went up in health to negate it.

kobi
05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I cant really tell what effect on his shotgun, for the go difference am on 2108 using Tachyon Regenerator IV EX with 1483 capacity, 70% recharge and 9.6 delay with 75% HP regeneration.

IAMVILELENT
05-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Go with the most likely and assume hes/shes just another *rick that thinks they can get away with "slightly" editing their stats to give themselves a boost in PVP. 3 Shotguns on a person would break ANY shield, doing less then 10% damage on a shield with a direct hit with ANY weapon, then they are cheating. 1 bullet hit from a Vot rifle takes about 3-5% shield away, close to 10% depending on distance and that's one of the weaker weapons but with crazy rof.

I've seen an increase in people editing stats just to do a little more damage and to have a little more hp, the little is still a huge difference, specially depending on weapons used, like an infector with 7 damage instead of 4 or a 2.5x% crit dmg instead of it 1x, or in your instance his shield, probably edited to have 2500 shield, 1 second delay with %70 recharge, so that it doesn't seem TOO suspicious, or so they think. Since editing your stats takes about 3 minutes and Trion is slow and has 0 detection software other then looking for abnormal numbers in the extremes, these people go on for a long time before they are banned. Just report them when you feel something is a miss.

Mladenov
05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
If you know his name, you can inspect him after the match.
So you can find out what weapons/grenade/shield he using.
And his EGO Power and Perks. Nothing too hard to do right?

kobi
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
How to do the inspecting thing after the match?

Mladenov
05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Use Search Option (default key "o"), type his name there and result will come.
Then pop Inspect and window will appear.
Check his weapons/shield/grenade/ego power/perks.

cusman
05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
For weeks now this guy ( i dont care ill say his name in forums) Abu3kill in pvp cheating or something because he will not die at all, I have used my most powerful weapons on him and yet his shield only lost like 2-5% of durability.

His always on full shield even when his confronted with 3 shotguns he is able to kill everyone I even throw a granede on him that has 3714 max dmg with 1117 min dmg. and yet his shield is above 75% and the worst part is it ****ing recharges so quickly like if its recharge rate is 90% with 1 second delay?

So what shield is he using that has high capacity with strong recharge rate and quick delay?

This is in ps3.

I have only heard of client-side cheaters in PvP with weapon or shield on PC so far. If any of them are on PS3 then that could kill this game for me to point where I just stop playing and never go back.

Shakk
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
My guess is that he is using a VOT Fragger with life syphon. It proccs on every shot. People seem to think this is a fun way to play. More and more noskillers are running around with these.

Reiter
05-09-2013, 10:37 AM
My guess is that he is using a VOT Fragger with life syphon. It proccs on every shot. People seem to think this is a fun way to play. More and more noskillers are running around with these.

I love people like this dude, cause they always belive someone else is no skilled. Yet, this dude has got to be as smart as a brick.

Assume the dude in question of the entire post isn't cheating and using this VOT fragger with life syphon. Ok, so it works out very well.

How is this no skill?

Ok, lets try another comparison.

I give you and the other guy a fat slab of a steak each. He uses a fork and steak knife, you get to use chop sticks and no the steak isn't pre-cut. Its the biggest, toughest SOB you have ever seen and all you got to use are sticks. You are having a difficult time eating it, obviously you are no skilled at something so simple as eating a steak.

Now, who is the no skill? See, the comparison I am making is this: Both the fork and a steak knife are no different then VOT Fragger with life proc. If you are using an AR and getting you butt kicked or somehow manage to eat a large steak with chopsticks (BTW, using sticks would be damn painful on the teeth and gums cause of all the chewing), its because you are no skilled and cannot figure out how to use it properly...its the proper tool for the job (killing in a video game or chewing a steak). The point is...if something is working and you are losing...its not because the other guy is no skilled, its because he is more skilled then you and you are butthurt you lost.

Recap of what you probably belive to be pointless babbling of my post: If a shotgun is beating your XYZ weapon of choice, its because it is the KISS solution (break hitpoints as quickly as possible, Keeping It Simple Stupid). Its because you suck with rifle or pistol or rocket launcher. If something actually works and everyone is using it there is nothing wrong with it; your human pride just got hurt and suddenly its the other guy's fault. The weapon is only broken if the other guy fires a pistol and suddenly there is a mushroom cloud on your monitor with the rest of your team dead...pistols are not ment to do something like that...aka its broken, performing something beyond what you expect for a sidearm.

kobi
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Ok so I just inspected him (btw got his name wrong was abo3kill) like the Shakk said he is indeed using a legendary VOT Fragger with syophon effect and his shield is a legendary Ironclad Regenerator IV DX.

His ego isnt that diiference from mine as his is 2768 while mine is 2118.

Anyone knows the dmg on that legendary VOT Fragger? because he does inure mas dmg with it and the stats of that shield too?

Yenah
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
The shotgun is a nice weapon to use, but it has its limitations and so forth, just get one of the counter-snipe infectors and remove him from the realm of the living, use a bio-nade to slow him down, also.