PDA

View Full Version : When can I play PVP?

Runny
05-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I am ego rating 493.

So how does PVP work? In coop instances I am always severely outleveled, but I can hold my own and not be last place. However, PVP is a joke. I log in and die instantly. I had a guy dead to rights and shot him 5-6 times with my grenade launcher, but he just laughed it off, turned around and shot me in the head dead with his pistol :|

I have yet to win a game, I have yet to not be last place. I'm assuming they don't make everyone the same EGO so we're all on the same playing field? (besides # of perks I would guess). If this game didn't have PVP achievements, I wouldn't have even bothered (with playing PVP).

BunkeredSphinx
05-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I am ego rating 493.

So how does PVP work? In coop instances I am always severely outleveled, but I can hold my own and not be last place. However, PVP is a joke. I log in and die instantly. I had a guy dead to rights and shot him 5-6 times with my grenade launcher, but he just laughed it off, turned around and shot me in the head dead with his pistol :|

I have yet to win a game, I have yet to not be last place. I'm assuming they don't make everyone the same EGO so we're all on the same playing field? (besides # of perks I would guess). If this game didn't have PVP achievements, I wouldn't have even bothered.

cloak + shotgun win like a BO55

Grit
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
first mistake...

Grenade Launcher

Grind Fragger + Cluster shot... Overcharge and Preparedness... just hipfire your way through the slaughter haha

Runny
05-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Good strategies, but I'm still confused. Does a player with an EGO rating of 500 get completely destroyed by a player with an EGO rating of 2500?

A s0t
05-09-2013, 07:09 PM
right on d pad --> competitive

have fun

Runny
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
right on d pad --> competitive

have fun

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or you literally didn't read the thread. lol

Lowlif3r
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Good strategies, but I'm still confused. Does a player with an EGO rating of 500 get completely destroyed by a player with an EGO rating of 2500?

No, there's not really any difference besides a few EGO perk slots and available options with those. You'll need to learn to play better. Try using a shotgun and a grenade launcher (Mod for Damage Radius!) for PvP. Go with either Blur or Stealth as your main EGO. Use a Respark Shield. (Reload time on it is very nice, and you often don't get more than a few seconds to get it back before somebody is shooting at you) Don't stand still and get used to Roll. (Double tap B). Level up your weapon skills and change weapons often.

That was atleast a few pointers in a general direction you can venture down. There's plenty more. :-)

A s0t
05-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or you literally didn't read the thread. lolhe asked WHEN can he play pvp and he over 20 ego i would ASSUME he past the tutorial are the instructions wrong how to find a pvp match then i read "cry cry cry i suck" pvp is a joke

Runny
05-09-2013, 10:01 PM
he asked WHEN can he play pvp and he over 20 ego i would ASSUME he past the tutorial are the instructions wrong how to find a pvp match then i read "cry cry cry i suck" pvp is a joke
I was merely making fun of myself, not the game. The game doesn't do a good job of explaining some basic things. This game is a lot different form other MMO's, wouldn't you agree. As you progress the game, you get better and better loot as your EGO advances. So logically, you would think that someone with a lower EGO is going to get just totally annihilated. But the game doesn't explain to me WHO I am fighting against. Is there brackets for Ego levels? (1-500, 501-1000, etc for example). The only reason why I was asking is because I'd rather not waste my time with PVP now at such a low level compared to everyone else. If that's the case, I'd rather do PVE stuff first, level up and get some experience, unlock more more perks and better weapons. Doesn't that make sense to you? BUT since there is little to no information in the game, and even googling yielded no results, and considering no one on this forum can answer a simple question, I guess I will never get my answer. lol. It just seems strange to me to have an MMO and lump everyone into the same game, FPS or not.

PS: I would have thought that the thread title would have been obvious that I was referring to playing competitively in PVP and not actually being able to play it. It's an FPS game....... . . ...

Tango80
05-09-2013, 11:45 PM
You can enter PvP at any EGO level.
The only difference between you and a EGO level of 2500 is the amount of Perks each person can have slotted at a given time.

Weapons Do get stronger via bonuses at higher levels and when they are level up but the basics damage of the gun doesn't change too much.

An assault rifle at ego rating of 50 that does 222 points of damage can have a counter part at EGO rank 2500 that does 222. Now that being said the EGO rated gun might have a bonus of 1.05x added damage so it does increase it a bit but not much. And if the player added a damage barrel to it it might push it up to about 245 ish per hit. This does not include if the guy ranked up that assault rifle to max EXP it also might unlock an additional stat which could be 1.04x damage. Also adding to that person his/her skill in that particular weapon. which means a faster reload, lower bloom, better accuracy, lower recoil, slight damage increase.
But that is about it.

Gear can effect player performance however player skill is still accounted for but even at EGO rank 50 you can kill the ego rank 2500, yes it might be a bit harder but it is still doable. Unlike mosts MMO's where a level 10 character can't even scratch a level 60 character.

katori00
05-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Small maps I use sawed off/ bmg. In shadow war infector/bmg.

BLITZKRI3G
05-10-2013, 02:55 AM
watch out for quads hehe they splat ya good XD