PDA

View Full Version : PSA Re: Combat Pursuits

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
There are several combat pursuits that require you to fully mod a weapon (bolt action, combat shotty, lmg). This tip is about those:

So there is an EGO rating rage (can't remember exactly) when just about all the weapons you see (drops and vendors) have 3-4 open mod slots. DO THESE PURSUITS DURING THAT TIME. I did not and I regret it. Since the other parts of those pursuits were going to take awhile to get to, I was in no rush. But, for some logic-defying reason, after EGO 1600ish all weapons will become garbage with 0 or 1 mod slot. I'm almost to 2500 and yesterday was the first time in 2 weeks I started semi-regularly seeing 2 slots on vendor/drop weapons. Now that I'm getting around to those pursuits, it's become clear that I'm going to have to drop around a quarter million salvage to make guns (that I will then immediately sell) for the pursuits.

So when you happen upon a 4 slot weapon in one of the relevant categories, just run over to a mod vendor and slap 4 level 1 mods on real quick. will save you some trouble later on.

Lindrei
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
The reason they go back to 0-1 mod slot is because you start getting you second bonus at that point.

Zorlond
05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
You can add weapon slots with some ark salvage, you know. All the way up to four.

Ryme
05-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Just a suggestion, but if you over leveled your ego, why not just trade for a lower EGO weapon that has 3 slots. I vendor them regularly. If someone wanted them, you would just have to pay me more than what the vendor would.

Grimwyrd
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Good PSA, but 4-slot greens are offered over a large range of EGO ratings. If you find yourself in this position, I urge you to find a lower EGO player to help you out and buy you a 1000 scrip green from the standard inventory of a vendor truck instead of wasting so much ark salvage on adding slots to a weapon you aren't into.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is that you don't actually have to use the fully modded weapon to get credit. If you don't like the way the weapon handles with a scope, you can fill three slots, wait until you've maxed out the xp, and then buy a white scope mod from a vendor. Pop it in, the pursuit requirement is met, and you can dispose of the gun however you see fit.

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
You can add weapon slots with some ark salvage, you know. All the way up to four.

the problem is that "some" = 120K+ per weapon at higher levels.

Draaconis
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Coop missions drop 3-4 slot weapons constantly.

Zorlond
05-09-2013, 10:13 AM
the problem is that "some" = 120K+ per weapon at higher levels.

I'm barely doing anything with ark salvage these days in any case. You need it for something?

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Just a suggestion, but if you over leveled your ego, why not just trade for a lower EGO weapon that has 3 slots. I vendor them regularly. If someone wanted them, you would just have to pay me more than what the vendor would.

Also to Grimwyrd:

Thanks, that's the plan. It's just such a hassle going from main hub to main hub chatting into the ether hoping to find someone actually following the chat. Also, anyone have an idea of the EGO range when drops/vendors are 3-4 slots? I feel like it was somewhere in the 1200-1600 range.

cusman
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
There are several combat pursuits that require you to fully mod a weapon (bolt action, combat shotty, lmg). This tip is about those:

So there is an EGO rating rage (can't remember exactly) when just about all the weapons you see (drops and vendors) have 3-4 open mod slots. DO THESE PURSUITS DURING THAT TIME. I did not and I regret it. Since the other parts of those pursuits were going to take awhile to get to, I was in no rush. But, for some logic-defying reason, after EGO 1600ish all weapons will become garbage with 0 or 1 mod slot. I'm almost to 2500 and yesterday was the first time in 2 weeks I started semi-regularly seeing 2 slots on vendor/drop weapons. Now that I'm getting around to those pursuits, it's become clear that I'm going to have to drop around a quarter million salvage to make guns (that I will then immediately sell) for the pursuits.

So when you happen upon a 4 slot weapon in one of the relevant categories, just run over to a mod vendor and slap 4 level 1 mods on real quick. will save you some trouble later on.

Didn't one of the patch notes mention them fixing weapon drops for you for EGO range 1900-2000 or something like that? I am sure they have many other messed up bugs and situations. I know I was getting better weapons before than I do now that I am above EGO 2000.

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm barely doing anything with ark salvage these days in any case. You need it for something?

Adding mod slots to the weapons I actually use. At this level, opening slot #2 costs me 24K. With my luck that is invariably going to open the scope slot. Opening slot #3 costs 47K. It's been so long since I've bothered that I don't even know the exact cost for slot #4, but I'm betting 80K+.

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Coop missions drop 3-4 slot weapons constantly.

What level are you? that's how it used to be for me as well, but not since 1600.

Cavadus
05-09-2013, 10:42 AM
The game doesn't explain this at all so listen very carefully:

At EGO 1600 your available weapons will roll into a new "tier" and lose all of their mod slots. This new tier grants better innate and mastery bonuses and MORE of them, item rarity dependent.

As you climb EGO past 1600 mod slots will slowly return to your weapons just as you accumulated them the first time around.

There's a third tier but I'm unsure at what EGO rating this is achieved. A guild member just unlocked his third mod slot around EGO 3000 FWIW.

DejaVooDoo
05-09-2013, 10:44 AM
The game doesn't explain this at all so listen very carefully:

At EGO 1600 your available weapons will roll into a new "tier" and lose all of their mod slots. This new tier grants better innate and mastery bonuses and MORE of them, item rarity dependent.

As you climb EGO past 1600 mod slots will slowly return to your weapons just as you accumulated them the first time around.

There's a third tier but I'm unsure at what EGO rating this is achieved. A guild member just unlocked his third mod slot around EGO 3000 FWIW.

yes, very slowly. slot 2 came back at about 2400

Quebra Regra
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM

This is actually a good tip... I wish I had fully thought about this before. I'd tell any new player to IMMEDIATELY fully mod each weapon required to complete the pursuits. The amount of salvage required to add mod slots at this point is killing me.

darky89
05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I'll probably get round to doing this sharpish then, as I didn't know that happened.

Cheers.