PDA

View Full Version : Give Us PVP in the main game

rampag3
05-09-2013, 09:41 AM
whit this said in the pvp world give better xp and better loot drops. PLEASE give us that at least

Orge Lambart
05-09-2013, 09:42 AM
why so Dbag McHacker can park himself by spawn in points and kill you as you spawn.. no thanks. Imagine how many people would sit by the new player spawn area and kill new players as they spawned over and over and over again. Have a bunch of bombs just sitting there, waiting to detonate.

rampag3
05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
why so Dbag McHacker can park himself by spawn in points and kill you as you spawn.. no thanks. Imagine how many people would sit by the new player spawn area and kill new players as they spawned over and over and over again. Have a bunch of bombs just sitting there, waiting to detonate.

well that sucks but it can be like you going into muti player or go to friend you just spawn in at a way point and go from there

umr arsenic
05-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Is this game worth buying

Athanos
05-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Pvp as dueling would be cool designated free fire zones would be cool all sorts of stuff would be cool. Would we ever get it? Idk.

rampag3
05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Is this game worth buying

mmmmmm some say no I say yea

rampag3
05-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Pvp as dueling would be cool designated free fire zones would be cool all sorts of stuff would be cool. Would we ever get it? Idk.

im saying pvp open world

stormbringer328
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Agreed on this being a bad idea. I don't get why so many wish to only exploit the game instead of completeing goals and missions in the way it is intended. This would be so exploited you'd be posting a requst for them to take it out in a week.

Soobydoo
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I'd rather have a game that works properly first.

Also, this sounds like shadow war.

Facade
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
im saying pvp open world

It would be awful in this game with the range you can fire from. The only way I can see it working is if you have to flag to take part in it.

rampag3
05-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Agreed on this being a bad idea. I don't get why so many wish to only exploit the game instead of completeing goals and missions in the way it is intended. This would be so exploited you'd be posting a requst for them to take it out in a week.
well im working on all my pro. but the got key thing out for me right now. but I think this might bring more hardcore mmo players over to defiance

Facade
05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
well im working on all my pro. but the got key thing out for me right now. but I think this might bring more hardcore mmo players over to defiance

It might bring over a few hardcore PVP players, and more than likely lose a few times more casuals/new people that quit after being killed for the 100th time when trying to finish a quest or an Arkfall.

rampag3
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM

I agree im saying l8er on but not shadow war have the whole map pvp

Grit
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
meh...

it'd be fun to spin doughnuts in the new player area for a day or two but it'd get old. :D

rampag3
05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
meh...

it'd be fun to spin doughnuts in the new player area for a day or two but it'd get old. :D
lol that's funny

Orge Lambart
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
well that sucks but it can be like you going into muti player or go to friend you just spawn in at a way point and go from there

but again you have the issues of people spawning the initial quest giver in the area you start in. While the idea is a novel one, too many bags exist in the world to make it work. Look at games with this type of open world PVP, you see the same thing over and over again, people spawn camp quest givers and kill people trying to level up. It would be worse in a game like this because everyone knows the spawns point and they will camp them, and will continually kill new players over and over again. I already saw it the two times I got to play Frieght yard. Camped outside the spawn house with a Cerburus killing people as they spawned....

You'd have to put so many different aspects into the game to make this even semi feasible and fair for all players. The risk vs reward is way too high in this game. It's not fun spawning and getting instant sniped by a guy who doesn't even need to move his cursor to get headshots. I mean really is that what you want?

rampag3
05-09-2013, 11:19 AM
but again you have the issues of people spawning the initial quest giver in the area you start in. While the idea is a novel one, too many bags exist in the world to make it work. Look at games with this type of open world PVP, you see the same thing over and over again, people spawn camp quest givers and kill people trying to level up. It would be worse in a game like this because everyone knows the spawns point and they will camp them, and will continually kill new players over and over again. I already saw it the two times I got to play Frieght yard. Camped outside the spawn house with a Cerburus killing people as they spawned....

You'd have to put so many different aspects into the game to make this even semi feasible and fair for all players. The risk vs reward is way too high in this game. It's not fun spawning and getting instant sniped by a guy who doesn't even need to move his cursor to get headshots. I mean really is that what you want?

well if you think put safe zones like by the venders

fang1192
05-09-2013, 11:19 AM

but then its not hardcore.

Orge Lambart
05-09-2013, 11:20 AM

for what, then someone would still camp the area, and snipe you when you left the safe zone area. Check out The War Z and it's open world PVP, see how many people complain about spawn and safe zone campers in that game. It's not fun to spawn and be immediately killed. Sometimes before you are even fully loaded into the game and able to defend yourself.

So you are trying to complete Side quest number 20 and some bag rushes over, kills you while you are killing raiders, then proceeds to kill you over and over again when you spawn. IE it's not fun and totally would ruin the game.

tuckerpb
05-09-2013, 11:30 AM
GOD DAME IT. will you ****ing pvper stop trying to ruin every game that come out. you ****ing pvpers are like a swarm or locus. you come in, destroy everything and when there is nothing or no one left you move to the next game to destroy.

Kaoslion
05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
This type game needs open world PvP with that being said. The Open world Pvp needs to be on a toggle that you access through the Wheel in settings. Other players that are active in the open world PvP can show up like red dots like regular mob's. This would make way for a leaderboard/Wanted board that higher up on it you are the more exp or loot you get for bagging them. It also would let the person control when they want to play it and deal with griefing.

Trash86d
05-09-2013, 11:33 AM
PvP zones like entering san fran. you would be told ur entering PvP zone. Add spawn protection or respawn in non-PvP zone to prevent spawn killing.

Orge Lambart
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
GOD DAME IT. will you ****ing pvper stop trying to ruin every game that come out. you ****ing pvpers are like a swarm or locus. you come in, destroy everything and when there is nothing or no one left you move to the next game to destroy.

yep, it happens in every game that has a mixed pvp/pve environment, the PVPer's are responsible for atleast 80% of the grief and nerfs that make PVE players scratch their heads. It'll happen in this game, infectors, shotguns, perks, ego powers etc etc etc.

Once they get the game working and most of the bugs worked out the real nerfs will start to roll out. That'll be a fun time, and half of the nerfs will drive away the PVP base that was clammoring for balance. It's why this game should have a PVP system like DCUO legends. You have like 10 - 15 pre-made PVP classes, the person doesn't get to change anything about the load out. Then you have at it, this way PVP balance is much easier to achieve, because you only have 15 classes to balance, and those changes can effect those classes only as opposed to everyone.

Kaoslion
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
PvP zones like entering san fran. you would be told ur entering PvP zone. Add spawn protection or respawn in non-PvP zone to prevent spawn killing.

I would agree if this game wasn't more Mad Max feel. But with the genre of the game I really think it should be possible open world pvp with a toggle switch in settings.

Titan19
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
They will never open pvp in the open world idiot. This game is designed for multi player Quest and leveling. If you want to pvp go to shadow war and stop crying. I personally like how 90% of the game is multi player that way when I am on hard missions I can get help from others and also help others out in a time of need instead of going to help someone and I get shot. That is not how the game is or was designed to work. Although I do like the duel option, like how you go to trade someone and there could also be an option for duel.

Titan19
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
This type game needs open world PvP with that being said. The Open world Pvp needs to be on a toggle that you access through the Wheel in settings. Other players that are active in the open world PvP can show up like red dots like regular mob's. This would make way for a leaderboard/Wanted board that higher up on it you are the more exp or loot you get for bagging them. It also would let the person control when they want to play it and deal with griefing.
I like this general idea.

BoW Cap
05-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Agreed. I'd rather not stop the mission I'm working on to head to a glitched Arkfall.

Vehicide
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
There's already two forms of PvP, obviously you suck at them and just want to grief people.

misterwr0ng
05-09-2013, 07:18 PM
hell no. you have shadow wars. you got maps. more than enough