PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WTF?! Who designed the prices on the cars?!

DarkShadowMark
05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
29,000 FOR A flippin DUNI SHETARRU?! They were 15000 a couple days ago!
15000 FOR A SPECIAL. NO. JUST FAIL.
23,000 FOr a fricken ATEX Growler Pro!
25,000 for a Hannibal!

This is friggan redonculus

Miserere
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes&p=573700#post573700

Also, I'm still trying to get an answer from Sledge as to why they increased it. I think it could be because they want to have a money sink.

ironhands
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
wonder if they auto-inflate based on the average scrip and round to the nearest 1k

Mladenov
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
With my 36 cars in my garage i dont need to buy any vehicle soon :)
But is bad move they increased the prices.
New players will hit the WALL when they want to buy new car.
This should be calculated by your EGO Rating. For instance.
10-1000 EGO cars should be 10k/piece
1000-2000 EGO cars should be 20k
2000-3000 EGO cars should be 30k
Or something similar....

Kiserai
05-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Actually, the increased base prices aren't in the revised patch notes either. Those just talk about the specials being less of a discount.

Falconi
05-09-2013, 10:12 AM
See here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes&p=573700#post573700

Also, I'm still trying to get an answer from Sledge as to why they increased it. I think it could be because they want to have a money sink.

That would be my guess as well.

Hold on to your hats when you need to start repairing your vehicles too. With MY driving skills (The lack thereof), that would ensure my Leather Personnel Carriers would be my primary means of transportation and I'd be panhandling at Arkfalls.

MaxSterling
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I definitely had a wtf moment when I saw those new prices last night while playing. I was saving up my scrip to buy a new vehicle and had a rude awakening. I'm curious who peed in their cheerios that morning when they jacked us without notice on those prices.

Munx
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Like constant keycode nerf its a pretty obvious attempt at increasing theyr bit sales, sad part is if they spent half as much time on actually making the game better, theyr income would likely increase as much if not more.

At this pace trion will have to continue with making bits more and more valueable, to make up there being less and less people willing to spend extra money on this tritantic of a game.

VonTreece
05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
This is complete BS.

It's starting to seem like Trion is working harder on removing content then they are adding it..

Seriously.. It's like they're intentionally trying to piss off the entire community.

Elric1
05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
LOL you get one for FREE and your whining because an OPTIONS is more expensive? Now I know why they did it because people like you will go nuts playing forever trying to get enough money to buy them all. Buying a truck with bits btw which also goes to ALL my chars btw.... Least though expensive I never have to worry about my chars having that vehicle or earning it over and over.... one char is enough =p

Oh and btw if you remotely think vehicles is actual content? I give up on the human race.

VonTreece
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
LOL you get one for FREE and your whining because an OPTIONS is more expensive? Now I know why they did it because people like you will go nuts playing forever trying to get enough money to buy them all. Buying a truck with bits btw which also goes to ALL my chars btw.... Least though expensive I never have to worry about my chars having that vehicle or earning it over and over.... one char is enough =p

Oh and btw if you remotely think vehicles is actual content? I give up on the human race.

Of course you don't need to make another char..

There's no reason to.. No different classes. No different abilities. The only difference is cosmetic.

Another "why?.." to throw at Trion.

Assasino
05-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I guess kind of sucks for those who got into the game late.
Myself i have like 3 atv's (got one for 500) a Dunebuggy and a Challenger so more then have enough vehicles.
I did see yesterday that the ATV's have gone up close to 20,000 if i recall which i agree is very high

Malevolent215
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I can Picture it now....

"Coming in the next update: Vehicles with unique skins added to the Defiance Store!!!"

Can't afford the vehicle you want in game?! Just buy it now with bits!!!

Honestly, this is the only reason i can see for these changes as vehicles are already neither rare nor unique...

Delte
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Wait till you have to buy repair kits for your cars with BITS from the cash shop. I use to do every random ecounter along my path until they removed the keycodes from them now I hardly bother unless its for a pursuit or weekly contract.

VonTreece
05-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I guess kind of sucks for those who got into the game late.
Myself i have like 3 atv's (got one for 500) a Dunebuggy and a Challenger so more then have enough vehicles.
I did see yesterday that the ATV's have gone up close to 20,000 if i recall which i agree is very high

The price increase doesn't affect me either. I already have nearly every vehicle in the game.

What does piss me off about this is that Trion took the time to screw us over rather than actually fix the damn game..

And for what?.. I fail to see the positive outcome of this for us consumers.

C'mon Trion. Stop shoveling sht and throw us a bone.

EDIT: And with that, I need to take a break from these forums and cool my head before I get banned.. Lol.

Nefarious
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Or maybe a world/interstellar war happened and it makes sense if not every person has a car.

And buying a vehicle for 500 scrip means the thing shouldint even have a engine. These prices are believable. imo everything is good. Before hand everything was cheap and way to easy to aqquire. Feel lucky you wear able to stock up and get what you have gotten done with the head start you where giving if you did.

*Old man voice* "Well in my day sonny you could buy a Duni Shantu for 500 scrip...and Red Dodge Challengers and a weeks worth of boosts was free...thouse were the days..."

EdgeTW
05-09-2013, 11:14 AM
That the discount sale price on vehicles went up isn't a surprise to me. Weapons were on "sale" for 5,000 scrip, and yet cars were selling for 500 scrip. I kept wondering if someone left a zero of the end of that price.

However, bumping the normal price of vehicles from 15,000 to 30,000 seems ridiculous. The original 15k prices were fine. I'm not finished the main/side missions yet, but I am a decent way through them and my finances were just beginning to get to a point where I could stomach the idea of losing 15k to a vehicle purchase I had my eye on. 30k? Not happening.

People keep saying money is easy to come by, but I don't see it. Maybe they mean later on after you've burned through all the missions, or after getting an orange weapon from the cash-shop and selling it for ridiculous amounts of scrip to another rich player.

But I'm not in that sort of position. I've just done a portion of the storyline missions, and any side quests and challenges up to the area I'm adventuring in (the region north of the crater, which seems to represent 50% of the available map), while participating in usually at least one arkfall per session and a few emergency encounters, and I've only acquired about 50k scrip in this very ordinary process. After making a few shop purchases in my career I have about 35k in my character's wallet. That's "normal playing", without relying on the cash shop or key farming for legendary weapons to sell, or without grinding some other easily farmable encounter into the ground to burn through pursuits, etc.

So, I'm playing the content in the order it's delivered, and yet now (to purchase a vehicle) I'm expected to throw a majority of all the money I've obtained up to this point into a car? No thanks. I'm sure they're looked a the metrics to arrive at this decision, but I suspect those figures are horribly skewed by farmers.

Santana Ortega
05-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Imagine what is going to happen when they introduce a NEW DESIGN for a vehicle...let's say a Motorcycle. or a classic old car like the ones seen on the TV show.

How much would you pay for that before it was TOO much

FOLTHEON
05-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I like the new prices. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they increased them even further. It's far too easy to obtain every vehicle in the game.

Orge Lambart
05-09-2013, 11:19 AM
not a big deal, you don't really need a different colored car for any real reason anyway. You get one for free and that's all you really need.

As for cars being expensive... yeah they should be expensive, like every other game with mounts/cars those are the most expensive items. You get the original one for free and get a few others from pursuits.

Kaoslion
05-09-2013, 11:27 AM
The in game economy of this game was way to cheap for vehicles. There should be a price hike in the game or everyone is just going to have everything. It sucks for the people who didn't play or buy stuff earlier. I think its a really good idea that they did it. There needs to be more separation between people who have been playing and people who just picked up the game. I hope they alter the stats of guns as well and prices of them. Making a big difference from a white or green gun and say a purple or legendary quality of gun. In price and also in ability to mod and damage stats.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Why would you want to promote more separation from fellow mmo players? Isn't this supposed to be a fun social atmosphere where we shoot the shtako for giggles?

EdgeTW
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
not a big deal, you don't really need a different colored car for any real reason anyway. You get one for free and that's all you really need.

As for cars being expensive... yeah they should be expensive, like every other game with mounts/cars those are the most expensive items. You get the original one for free and get a few others from pursuits.

The surprised reactions are due to a sudden shift in design philosophy. During development the game's producer proudly pointed out in interviews that a variety of vehicles were easily accessible to new players, that it was more important to give players the means of getting where they wanted to go quickly (because gamers, shooter fans in particular according to the producer, don't like travel time sinks) than it was to create a virtual carrot to be chased.

Driving (no pun intended) home this point was the decision to give every pre-order player a two-seater vehicle for free. And not just any two-seater, but literally the fastest vehicle in the game, instantly reducing the value/usefulness of all other vehicles. And on top of that they give away a Hannibal just for entering in arkfall codes. Between that and the quad awarded to players for completing literally the first mission, it's clear this game was designed around the idea of obtaining vehicles easily, almost as an extension of your character.

I find it odd that prices were low in the beginning when it could be argued that additional vehicles were merely a color variant luxury, but now the price has been suddenly doubled (more than doubled in some cases) later in the game when new players don't have access to free two-seaters like the Red Dodge Challenger anymore.

I think this change happened for one reason and one reason only: players with a lot of scrip kept complaining there was nothing to spend it on. And so, using the least amount of effort in an attempt to counter that complaint, the developers jacked up the prices of all the vehicles.

Ambic
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
A sink hole? LOL I got special pre-order only vehicles, I could care less about these expensive vehicles that mean nothing to me