PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of being killed by raiders from the edges of arkfalls...

crasher
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Especially at night.

They sneak up and pick us off while we're facing inward.
They gang up several on one, their pistols can do more damage to me at distance than my SAW and shotgun can do to them up close, and they're immune to rockets.

I got picked off at a major scrapper event last night, and the guy who came to help did too, then 3 more people in turn who one-by-one came to rez....

We all got picked off from a distant berm that had raiders spread out over a crescent, so there was no concentration point to notice.

The above was a specific event, but the trend is increasing.

Add that to the 'Turn the camera 180*' feature, and I spend so much time spinning around that my syphon doesn't charge my shields and I'm starting to get killed every 45 seconds. Especially since some of the new psychedelic bugs are getting tougher to kill and a lot more aggressive in nature.

It's becoming a serious issue to my serenity.

Falconi
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Sounds like something I'd do to them if the tables were turned.

Mladenov
05-09-2013, 10:43 AM
You must LEARN to watch your MINI MAP!
This can help you to deal with intruders in "your" arkfalls.

Archangel
05-09-2013, 10:44 AM
sometimes a crew has to go out and kill those raiders before you can continue with the Arkfall.

Also perks that reduce damage from behind so you dont get to surprised when your back is to them and they agro.

Lastly, know the surrounding areas. If bad guys are on a hill try to stay clear. They only agro you when you ingage or your to close.

If they were attacking from afar that meant someone shot at them and pulled agro.

I like the feature that even during an Ark fall you have to worry about the locals. It makes the fight that much more difficult.

But if your concern is that their weapons are to strong when shooting from afar then that seems like a different topic than being agroed by raiders/dark matter/ and helbugs during ark fall events.

Ticon
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
ur kidding right?

that's the best thing abt the game some far- all races and species interacting.

look behind yah at all times!

i love the fact raiders are involved in the arkfalls!-it would be too boring if they werent.

thats my opinion -last thing we need is another unneeded change in the game!

Yenah
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that sounds really awesome, and I think we need MORE of this.
If Arkfalls are so valuable that entire section sentient population has taken up the occupation of "ark hunting" you would think others, such as raiders, would be interested in getting their hands on some of that tech, and a fresh fall would attract everyone in the surrounding area to it like moths to a flame.

Sull
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I kind of like that to be honest. It makes the world feel more alive when a group of raiders jump in on the fun, and consequently get mowed down when people realize there are more targets to annihilate.

gwit
05-09-2013, 11:12 AM
I usually do a patrol around any arkfalls to clean out the competition. I actually like it--more dynamic world as others have said. Had a hulker run into an arkfall once. :)

baelrusk
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I've had it that as soon as a major arkfall finished.......a VERY large and powerful emergency pops in just appears with me in the center. Got overwhelmed and killed before I could pick up any left over loot.

crasher
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I wasn't implying it should be changed or nerfed.

I was probably incorrectly expressing dissatisfaction with perimeter control and security.

But I do think that I should have access to weapons and shielding with the same efficiency that disorganized raiders seem to have.

And the camera turning thing, I don't like it one bit. If I'm going to start spinning around like that with no control, I might as well stay home. That's not fun or something I can guard against.

It's similar in affect to me cleaning out a nest, sterile, facing a new problem area and having the sterile area become active again. Just because the computer can endlessly spawn in that case doesn't mean I can be more vigilant to combat it.
If there's nothing I can do to stem the loss at that point, so why bother?

Different problem, similar philosophy.

Yenah
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Raiders don't appear to have any shields at all, I chalk it up to just being pumped full of drugs, same for their (at times) crazy accuracy.

CidxLucy
05-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I think monster with guns should A. have a lower Acc or B. Lower damage.

It look like they got SMG and shoting me from like 200feet droping my HP like its nothing.

Archangel
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
would be a good question to bring up. Do mobs have fall off damage like we do?

Ryme
05-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I've had it that as soon as a major arkfall finished.......a VERY large and powerful emergency pops in just appears with me in the center. Got overwhelmed and killed before I could pick up any left over loot.

That's most likely because the emergency was already there and was simply phased out to make room for the arkfall. After that was over, it got phased back in.

CidxLucy
05-09-2013, 01:09 PM
would be a good question to bring up. Do mobs have fall off damage like we do?

I am sure they don't I have my HP to tell me this.