PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one having probs with the mics?

Turkeyman07
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Title says it all, my friends can hear me but i cant hear them, everything that could be muted so I wouldn t be able to hear them is set right, nothing is set to where I cant hear voice but I cant hear my friends. Anyone know whats up?

Facade
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Make sure all of you are in either clan or group chat. If you are in area then they will only hear you when you are close & vice versa.

Turkeyman07
05-09-2013, 12:25 PM
ive tried all that and my friends still cant hear me. i must be missing SOMETHING

OIO
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Make sure all of you are in either clan or group chat. If you are in area then they will only hear you when you are close & vice versa.
i was wondering about that too, I got my headset and Mic out today and nothing. I was even in a group trying to talk but the guy/girl didn't hear me.

Facade
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
i was wondering about that too, I got my headset and Mic out today and nothing. I was even in a group trying to talk but the guy/girl didn't hear me.

Were they in "group" chat too?
If they are in Group and you are in Area then you will always hear them but they will only hear you when you get too far away (which is like 10 steps lol) and vice versa if reversed.

Granted that's not to say that the VOIP is 100% flawless now but I was one of the biggest complainers about it prior to the patch that fixed it and I honestly haven't had any issues since then.

However the game does have a habit of muting you when you log in so you can check to make sure that it didn't do that.

OIO
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Were they in "group" chat too?
If they are in Group and you are in Area then you will always hear them but they will only hear you when you get too far away (which is like 10 steps lol) and vice versa if reversed.

Granted that's not to say that the VOIP is 100% flawless now but I was one of the biggest complainers about it prior to the patch that fixed it and I honestly haven't had any issues since then.

However the game does have a habit of muting you when you log in so you can check to make sure that it didn't do that.

Yes I was still in area chat, I just assumed that it switched automatic to group. I'll also check about being muted I did not know the game did this. Thank you.

Fivluih
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Unmute everything, get in the same chat channels and if that doesn't work relog, relog, relog lol usually takes me 3 to get my mic working finally!

Turkeyman07
05-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Unmute everything, get in the same chat channels and if that doesn't work relog, relog, relog lol usually takes me 3 to get my mic working finally!

how do you make sure youre in the same chat channels?

Facade
05-09-2013, 12:45 PM
how do you make sure youre in the same chat channels?

You will probably have to message them if they can't hear you, but if you are in a group just get in "group" chat. If you press the Dpad down you will see the list of chats on the bottom right corner, with the channel you are in will be lit up and have the arrow beside it. You can't see what channel they are in though.

UmbrusNightshade
05-09-2013, 06:36 PM
My problem (and it may just be the mic I have ... I don't know) is that I can't hear what the other person is saying because it is way too quiet within my headset. They apparently can hear me but it has to be like dead silent in my house for me to hear them. And I have tried turning up the volume on the headset all the way. Still can't hear them.

Facade
05-09-2013, 08:16 PM
My problem (and it may just be the mic I have ... I don't know) is that I can't hear what the other person is saying because it is way too quiet within my headset. They apparently can hear me but it has to be like dead silent in my house for me to hear them. And I have tried turning up the volume on the headset all the way. Still can't hear them.

Sounds like they either have to boost their outbound in the ps3 settings or they are in area chat.

jerodatgm
05-09-2013, 08:44 PM
You're not the only one OP. My issue is that 90% of the time when I log in I can hear people in my clan in that channel but they cannot hear me. Don't know if it's a server phase thing or not but it's frustrating. The only voice chat that is reliable for me is when I am in group.

Slayer
05-09-2013, 09:26 PM
All three modes have been working properly for me. It was just a matter of making sure everyone was unmuted and on the same channel. But even when my clan mates are in a group, if I'm talking in clan chat they can hear me.

The quiet speaking part only happens to me while in area chat. The further the person is from you, the quieter they get. Either that or they have their volume in the system settings turned way down.