PDA

View Full Version : Sub vs FTP

Santana Ortega
05-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Well I have figured out why all games seem they will be going FTP...So that they do not have to give free time to a Sub game if the game is broken or just lousy. Thus have to justify a subscription. pay for content is all.
With the latest crop of games being FTP, we seem to be ongoing Delta testers that test, complain and rant about game malfunctions and hacks along with exploits that beta testers missed, did not report or just have yet to be fixed by devs.

Since we do no pay to play we test.

New title for us... PtT, Pay to Test.

Welcome to the club. Minimum dues are a one time bond of $60. We will accept all donations there and above.

omega32x
05-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Well I have figured out why all games seem they will be going FTP...So that they do not have to give free time to a Sub game if the game is broken or just lousy. Thus have to justify a subscription. pay for content is all.
With the latest crop of games being FTP, we seem to be ongoing Delta testers that test, complain and rant about game malfunctions and hacks along with exploits that beta testers missed, did not report or just have yet to be fixed by devs.

Welcome to the club. Minimum dues are a one time bond of $60. We will accept all donations there and above.

Not all FTP games are terrible like this ones turning out to be slowly. Neverwinter is FTP and its shaping up to be a damn fine game and its still in beta. Theres some things you can pay for but its pure optional and there is other means of getting them. I honestly think there should be a method in Defiance where you can earn free game money to purchase things from there cash shop. But that might be to much to suggest to them at this point since there so heavily invested with both this and the show sadly.

crasher
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Well I have figured out

[edit-snip]......

I hear some hayseeds test for free.
What a buncha maroons.....

:D

ironhands
05-09-2013, 01:50 PM

It's not uncommon... Dota 2, Firefall, are all modeled as f2p but you can buy-in to the beta. Arma 3 has a buy in, there's a list on Steam of lots of "early access" titles.

Miserere
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Not all FTP games are terrible like this ones turning out to be slowly. Neverwinter is FTP and its shaping up to be a damn fine game and its still in beta. Theres some things you can pay for but its pure optional and there is other means of getting them. I honestly think there should be a method in Defiance where you can earn free game money to purchase things from there cash shop. But that might be to much to suggest to them at this point since there so heavily invested with both this and the show sadly.

Kind of like an allowance that SWTOR does? Would be interesting but highly doubt we will see it anytime soon.

Starcore
05-09-2013, 01:54 PM
id pay 49.99 monthly (I am spending more than that now lol)