PDA

View Full Version : Devs: thank you, and don't give up.

Xenosaj
05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm seeing so many threads on here whining/complaining/*****ing about anything and everything, players threatening to quit over stupid things, etc., I wanted to make a thread that reminds the devs we're not all like that, and that some of us players aren't unrealistic and do appreciate the game we're playing.

Yes, this game has bugs, glitches, problems, and imbalances. Contrary to what people think, not everything is detected in alpha and beta, not everything can be figured out and handled before release. In spite of that, a lot of things in this game do work. The game looks and sounds great; scaling enemies means you never out-level areas and dungeons, meaning it's never a waste of time to run them; the weapon system is very playstyle friendly, letting you mix and match weapon types and synergies for what you enjoy; vehicles are fun to ride around in, and pursuits actually give you an incentive for driving different types.

Unless you're someone who plays 24/7, there's a lot to do in this game, and it's fun. Devs, thanks for putting out a solid game, and for putting up with both players who whine needlessly and the executives who make decisions like rushing the game to be released in time for the tv show. You're the ones actually working on the game, but you're the ones who end up on the receiving end of complaints here on the forums. Thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated!

I've played EQ2, WoW, Diablo 3, TERA, CSGO, any number of games where you're playing online with other players, and I've been playing long enough to know to be patient. The curse of online multiplayer games is that they're never truly finished, never 100% complete or bug-free, by their very nature. They take time, and that's OK. We're long past the days of cartridges on console systems, where the devs had to get the game complete because it would never be updated once released. Personally I'll take extended game longevity and updates over a static cartridge.

IAMVILELENT
05-09-2013, 01:19 PM
[Hanging on as this thread sinks down to the dark depths of page 3 and beyond.]

AngryFire
05-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Despite the bugs, glitches and all other issues this game may have I completely enjoy every minute I play.

Unfortunately the ones who come to forums are the ones searching for an answer to a problem or to just want to complain or maybe they are just hard core. You will never hear from the vast majority of players who continue to play and enjoy the game despite all of its alleged shortcomings.

I played many games since they were in beta and the one thing they have in common is rough launches, this is by far not the worst (maybe it is to console players but typical for us PC players)

Yenah
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I encourage this thread to stay near the top, we need moar positivity in this here forum! Seriously.

AmnesiaHaze
05-09-2013, 01:23 PM
i can excuse if a game has technical issues when its fun overall, fallout3 is good example , it made my ps3 freeze almost every hour and i still put 200 hours into it and enjoyed it

A s0t
05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
trion should have made an official *****ing thread like xbox360achievements.org does for every game

bix
05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
You guys let me create a character with a mohawk and skull face paint. I am happy.

Miserere
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I've posted this before but I'll do it again. (Thorne likes this site btw. XD )

http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/

aeryk117
05-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I also enjoy Defiance immensely and support this thread!

Racheakt
05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I also enjoy Defiance immensely and support this thread!

Ditto.

There are Bug, most will be worked out in time.

New game, balancing happens, OP things get nerfed, unexpected exploits get fixed. Those using them get mad and rail at the world. That is the nature of the beast -- seen it in every new release.

Trion (from what i have seen) is doing their best to fix what is wrong and listening to the reasonable players.

This game has a good starting point, the game has a good play/feel to me, i think it can only get better.

Hope499
05-09-2013, 02:53 PM
bumbping/agree with the thread. the pages are FULL of little *****es now, wow!! we need some positive threads too...

LtRobbiesan
05-09-2013, 03:27 PM
/signed

thanks OP, we need more positive threads. I know there is much to be worked on, but like anything in life gratitude certainly helps. thanks Trion for the game, and know you do have support seen and unseen (don't ask, just Know).

bix
05-09-2013, 07:40 PM
While playing today I realized that since the hellbugs have a weak spot at the tail, for once in my life I am justified for shooting things in the butt. Thank you.

Skatch
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I personally have to say that i love the activity on the forums. The reveal of new content to come is fantastic. I have been saying we needed something good to talk about, and now we have that.

Yenah
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
While playing today I realized that since the hellbugs have a weak spot at the tail, for once in my life I am justified for shooting things in the butt. Thank you.

Rofl.. This was awesome +1
..Now if you could just find the off switch for the Bioman version we face here...

Schwa
05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
If the Freight Yard Telenovela Story Arc has taught me one thing, it's Trion doesn't give up (though maybe they should sometimes). Once they get QA under control, everything should be fine.

Miserere
05-09-2013, 07:49 PM
I, for one, welcome our newly elected Skitterling Overlord, Morgana, and wish her all the best in taming this wild beast. It's a good thing she came because hopefully she'll be able to give us some feedback.

ratt707
05-09-2013, 08:28 PM
I didnt play mmos.

I never watched any syfy series.

I laughed at the idea of playing a video tied to a show.

But I play and watch defiance. You guys have a convert, I never thought this would happen.

Thanks for taking a chance on an ambitious game. Look forward to seeing what the future holds for this title.

MagellanD
05-09-2013, 08:33 PM
I've heard all of this before....somewhere.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/3907794_o.gif

Cutlass Jack
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
[Hanging on as this thread sinks down to the dark depths of page 3 and beyond.]

So am I...whups I bumped it. :rolleyes:

Xenosaj
05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
<3 for all the positive replies and absolute lack of negative ones you guys. This is what the devs need to see and be reminded of, that we're not all a bunch of slobbering delusional psychopaths. :)

+1 for shooting things in the butt. Made my night.

Blade of Souls
05-09-2013, 09:43 PM
My status as a slobbering delusional psychopath aside, I would like this game to stay afloat and continue to...uhmm....improve.Might be an uphill climb, but you can do it.

--Now back to my regularly scheduled insect shaving--

Hope499
05-10-2013, 09:36 AM

Anything that can get me close to a rear end makes me happy, let alone getting to shoot it :)

Miserere
05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Anything that can get me close to a rear end makes me happy, let alone getting to shoot it :)

You sir win the internets in my book. I think I might add that to my sig now.

Lebenheiler 420
05-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I agree with all of this. All the people that have been *****ing and moaning about how there are bugs in this game and its been over a month have deff not played any of the major MMO titles when they first came out like myself who was there for EQ 1 and 2's launch, along with WoW, Rift, Tera and a couple others. All of those games that I just stated all had there problems and bug fixes that needed to get handled after a month of game being released and most of those games are still running strong(EQ2, Wow, Rift). So I would deff like to see more of these threads go up to let the Dev's know that we still love the game and we will be here through thick and thin.