PDA

View Full Version : Fanbois/Hatemen of GAMESTOP

SteelPaladin
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey all, since we can firmly say that Gamestop is the 800 lbs gorilla of game-shops, what will happen when the new tech comes out for the new consoles. I heard there will be a code or software scan to validate new copies from old, making used games unplayable resulting in people having to buy new or nothing.

Also, im old school enough where i like to have a physical copy of the games i buy, but i think within the next 5-10 yrs it will all go to digital downloading.....

Any thoughts on either one of these?

Thanks as always.

Titchi
01-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey all, since we can firmly say that Gamestop is the 800 lbs gorilla of game-shops, what will happen when the new tech comes out for the new consoles. I heard there will be a code or software scan to validate new copies from old, making used games unplayable resulting in people having to buy new or nothing.

Also, im old school enough where i like to have a physical copy of the games i buy, but i think within the next 5-10 yrs it will all go to digital downloading.....

Any thoughts on either one of these?

Thanks as always.

Not sure what Gamestop has to do with that tech, but you are correct. The newer consoles will have that in play. Just means more money going to the companies that create the games you love to play. I don't have a problem with it at all really.

I think there will still be physical copies, a lot of the PC games are already turning to D.D. It's just easier.

MuKi1115
01-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Not sure what Gamestop has to do with that tech, but you are correct. The newer consoles will have that in play. Just means more money going to the companies that create the games you love to play. I don't have a problem with it at all really.

I think there will still be physical copies, a lot of the PC games are already turning to D.D. It's just easier.

I have turned to DD lately as the physical versions don't offer any benefit anymore or are simply too expensive. I still remember the good old times (the 90s) when every boxed (yeah the games still had boxes back then...) PC game was like an ultimate collectors edition with great written booklets, T-shirts, patches and all kinds of other goodies...

Fiancee
01-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Whats up with all this gamestop trolling anywhere, didnt they just recently fail and someone helped them back up.

Trion World should do like EA and sold straight from own website.

MuKi1115
01-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Trion World should do like EA and sold straight from own website.

Every game developer / publisher should do that...

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
01-10-2013, 06:38 AM
I prefer the physical copy myself and its gonna suck when eventually they no longer accept trade-ins.

Off topic- went to gamestop to preorder something the monday of COD BO2s midnight release at about 12-1 in the afternoon and there were ALREADY people in line. Dont people have anything better to do.

DiRtDoGg
01-10-2013, 07:45 AM
As a PC gamer I prefer digital copies over physical. Only way I ever buy boxed versions is if there is something cool in the collectors edition

MuKi1115
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
As a PC gamer I prefer digital copies over physical. Only way I ever buy boxed versions is if there is something cool in the collectors edition

...you forgot "at a fair price."

SteelPaladin
01-10-2013, 03:11 PM
I think overall most collectors editions are kinda "blah" anyhow, cool for the moment, then on a shelf to collect dust. Thats why they make excercise equipment that "conveniently" folds away under the bed, haha.

In general, i dont think ive ever bought a collectors edition of a game that blew me away and was descently priced. Thats why im hoping this 150 bucks one has "in game" items for me to use that are useful. Yes, i blew 150 bucks on this collectors edition and i have this really cool item/swag/pistol of death +100 because i PAID for it, dont hate me because i have cooler stuff than you, cuz i PAID to have it. all these ppl complaining about " i dont mind ppl having collectors stuff, it just cant be unfair. What? i paid TRIPLE what you did for my cool stuff, you could have too...
Also, if the gamestopp bonus is prepaid time and "free" dlc, those will suck too if the game bombs, cuz then your really pissed that u bought the 150$ one.
All im saying is i dont want a artbook or patch >.<