PDA

View Full Version : Who stopped recomending the game to their friends???

Unhappy Gamer
05-10-2013, 04:43 AM
When the game first got released I was promoting the crap out of it! I told people that this is going to be the next big game!

But, and I mean a Huge BUT!!!
Then After Beating the game in a week, massive server shut downs, bugs out the wazoo, horrible first patch, nerfing keycodes, lockboxes that pay out worse than the lottery, and more NO REAL CONTENT TO LINK GAME AND TV SHOW!

I told everyone that I previously told to buy the game to save there money, it really not worth it! And for the couple of people that got the game, I felt real bad that they bought it, and 1 of them traded it in after a week!

Schwa
05-10-2013, 04:44 AM
The last time I convinced a friend to buy the game the servers were down for 9 hours when he was trying to log in. You don't want me to recommend this game. I am the worst luck.

Archeus9
05-10-2013, 04:46 AM
Yeah, pretty much. I mean dont get me wrong i really have hope for the game, otherwise i wouldn't have did this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62084-The-Big-quot-Constructive-quot-Thread.-(what-you-would-like-to-see)

though thats starting to drain.

Archeus9
05-10-2013, 04:48 AM
The last time I convinced a friend to buy the game the servers were down for 9 hours when he was trying to log in. You don't want me to recommend this game. I am the worst luck.

Shtako.. you think thats bad?! I had a friend join beta for ffxiv (the first one) and convinced him that they were just holding back content since it was a beta and to buy the game and yeah.. whoops!

Then i did the same thing when gw2 came out, even bought the guy a game since i knew it was the game we had been looking for, then they changed that alot lol...

My luck is worse than yours my friend.

Garu
05-10-2013, 04:51 AM
I made 5 of my guild buy it, most left in the first week and then i was the only one left. Its been a bad month or so for games if im honest first of all we all got aliens and then defiance... Also news released this morning show that more copies of aliens was sold than defiance.. crazy.

MARKINEMPAC82S
05-10-2013, 04:53 AM
when the game first got released i was promoting the crap out of it! I told people that this is going to be the next big game!

But, and i mean a huge but!!!
Then after beating the game in a week, massive server shut downs, bugs out the wazoo, horrible first patch, nerfing keycodes, lockboxes that pay out worse than the lottery, and more no real content to link game and tv show!

I told everyone that i previously told to buy the game to save there money, it really not worth it! And for the couple of people that got the game, i felt real bad that they bought it, and 1 of them traded it in after a week! you have friends thats cool noooot

Archeus9
05-10-2013, 04:53 AM
I made 5 of my guild buy it, most left in the first week and then i was the only one left. Its been a bad month or so for games if im honest first of all we all got aliens and then defiance... Also news released this morning show that more copies of aliens was sold than defiance.. crazy.

Where is the link to that news? I need to read it for the smirks... i hate colonial marines...

Garu
05-10-2013, 04:54 AM
Where is the link to that news? I need to read it for the smirks... i hate colonial marines...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/aliens-colonial-marines-sold-131-million

i saw it there earlier

MacDeath
05-10-2013, 04:54 AM
I rarely encourage friends to buy any game. I do point out to them when I'm playing a new game and what I like/dislike about it. Then I trust my friends to make up their own minds.

Unhappy Gamer
05-10-2013, 04:55 AM
I would love to see that article can you post a link!

Calypso Atlas
05-10-2013, 04:55 AM
I tell my friends how much I enjoy the game and the good bits about it, but I also tell them it is filled with bugs and can be rather annoying.

I tell the truth not sugar coat it :)

Archeus9
05-10-2013, 04:56 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/aliens-colonial-marines-sold-131-million

i saw it there earlier

"The much, much better Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed sold 1.36 million and was Sega's best-selling game last year."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH god lmao... Garu, thank you for that *wipes a tear*

Unhappy Gamer
05-10-2013, 05:40 AM
"The much, much better Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed sold 1.36 million and was Sega's best-selling game last year."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OH god lmao... Garu, thank you for that *wipes a tear*

This made me laugh too, glad there is a thread about it!

cusman
05-10-2013, 05:43 AM
I think after "The Last of Us" releases, I probably will move on from Defiance myself. Neither the TV-Show nor the Game provide any narrative value. The game play value is interesting and fun but the meaningful content ran out pretty fast and even the grindy content is not all but done from me.

I suppose at this point, I am only uselessly chasing some grindy pursuit or other. It really could use injection of new fresh content. Making that Freight Yard map/mode available, releasing the new Siege mode, and other such stuff is the only way it will keep me playing. If I am playing than I generally will talk about it to friends but not once I stop.

I don't recommend/discourage against game... I just share my feeling with friends as I am playing it so initially it was more positive and recently it is more just how much of a grind design is there to the game after the initial 40 or so hours which were more fun and interesting.

Unhappy Gamer
05-10-2013, 07:09 AM
you have friends thats cool noooot

Will the real Slim Shady Please Stand Up!

Hawkler
05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I got one of my friends to play. However I have not recommended it to anyone in a while. There needs to be more story line and side quests.

RoG Goat
05-10-2013, 07:12 AM
When people ask about it, I usually say something along the lines of....

"It had a lot of potential, and it was fun for the first week... but it's not worth the price. Wait till its in the value bin. It won't be long now..."

Jax Bane
05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
When the game first got released I was promoting the crap out of it! I told people that this is going to be the next big game!

But, and I mean a Huge BUT!!!
Then After Beating the game in a week, massive server shut downs, bugs out the wazoo, horrible first patch, nerfing keycodes, lockboxes that pay out worse than the lottery, and more NO REAL CONTENT TO LINK GAME AND TV SHOW!

I told everyone that I previously told to buy the game to save there money, it really not worth it! And for the couple of people that got the game, I felt real bad that they bought it, and 1 of them traded it in after a week!

YOU DID NOT BEAT THE GAME IN A WEEK! YOU ARE A JOKE! Go back to gaming school and learn what it means to beat a game.

BrassRazoo
05-10-2013, 07:25 AM
I mostly play Xbox (120k Gamerscore - means I play a lot) but occasionally disappear for a month or so.
Friends ask me what I'm doing, the latest response is Defiance on PC.
I say it's fun and it's sort of like Borderlands.
Very general but they don't ask too many questions so I don't volunteer information.

BLITZKRI3G
05-10-2013, 07:30 AM
aliens CM has a larger fan base going back to the movies so its only natural i mean it started in like the 80's sooo 40 years give or take a few years that my freinds is a long period of time for a fan base to build and once you have a fan base people will buy your crap just because.....there a fan XD

DustOfDeath
05-10-2013, 07:37 AM
i didnt stop.... i never even started with it oo

IGears
05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
lol i was trying to convince my friend to pre-order it for Xbox 360 so we could play the game together. when i got in the xbox beta after playing the PC Alpha and Beta, play 10 minutes on Xbox and couldn't stand it. Changed my Pre-order to PC and stopped telling my friend to reserve it on xbox.

baelrusk
05-10-2013, 07:44 AM
I recommended it at first.
Then I was recommending to wait until bugs are fixed.
Then I stopped recommending it at all.
Currently I'm recommending not to even consider it until it goes at least a month in FULL working order with signs that it would stay supported and current for an appropriate time period for the going price at the time.

Archeus9
05-10-2013, 07:45 AM
aliens CM has a larger fan base going back to the movies so its only natural i mean it started in like the 80's sooo 40 years give or take a few years that my freinds is a long period of time for a fan base to build and once you have a fan base people will buy your crap just because.....there a fan XD

.... still.. we are talking what... 2 consoles, 1 pc it was sold over with the hype if a show? That versus a game (aliens) almost unanimously declared a failure the first week it was out... Yeahh.... thats.. not good if they can beat you. Just being logical.

I hope trion truely pulls it out of the fire.. Just.. dunno...

IGears
05-10-2013, 07:48 AM

*1979 was the first Alien movie. but yes, fan base in the '80s

Cutlass Jack
05-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Of course I stopped reccomending it to my friends. Its not like they need constant updates on my reccomended status for games they already own. :p

RequiemPrime
05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Yeah it's not happening with me either. I was the same at first...hell I'd take some friends who borrowed or rented the game on tours. Now....well................

Facade
05-10-2013, 07:57 AM
I recommended it at first.
Then I was recommending to wait until bugs are fixed.
Then I stopped recommending it at all.
Currently I'm recommending not to even consider it until it goes at least a month in FULL working order with signs that it would stay supported and current for an appropriate time period for the going price at the time.

This is pretty much where I stand at the moment. I feel kinda bad since I got quite a few people to purchase it, which most have since quit playing.

Unhappy Gamer
05-11-2013, 04:28 AM
This is pretty much where I stand at the moment. I feel kinda bad since I got quite a few people to purchase it, which most have since quit playing.

This is where I think most of us are.....

Telemachus
05-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Have friends that game, that a see every so often.

Normally when I start playing a new game I'll talk with them about it.

In the past month I ran into a few of them... didn't bother mentioning this was the new game i was playing.

Thought about it, decided against .

Unhappy Gamer
05-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Have friends that game, that a see every so often.

Normally when I start playing a new game I'll talk with them about it.

In the past month I ran into a few of them... didn't bother mentioning this was the new game i was playing.

Thought about it, decided against .

One of my friends that I dont game with, asked me last night if I played defiance and what I thought about the game.
I hesitated to answer right away and then he said he picked the game up and he can' t play the game anymore. Its to boring and shallow!

He knows that I am a gamer, and thats why he brought it up. I thought he was going to ask if he should buy it, but it was the complete opposite!!!

KOLZ
05-11-2013, 06:01 AM
I never recommend any game to people. People need to stop being fat and lazy and do stuff for their own selves.

DOOM996
05-11-2013, 06:03 AM
I never stop to recommend a great game to my friends...and it seems they don`t hate me for my Defiance recommendation ;)

Unhappy Gamer
05-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I never stop to recommend a great game to my friends...and it seems they don`t hate me for my Defiance recommendation ;)

That doesnt make any sense!!!

Malachi
05-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I mean dont get me wrong i really have hope for the game, otherwise i wouldn't have did this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62084-The-Big-quot-Constructive-quot-Thread.-(what-you-would-like-to-see)

though thats starting to drain.

Sir, your signature states that you are a Certified Troll Hunter, but you seem to have fallen for a troll thread. Look at the OP's Name and Avatar. 'Tis a Troll, I'm afraid. We're gonna have to ask that you get re-certified.

RegularX
05-15-2013, 08:04 PM
One of my friends that I dont game with, asked me last night if I played defiance and what I thought about the game.
I hesitated to answer right away and then he said he picked the game up and he can' t play the game anymore. Its to boring and shallow!

He knows that I am a gamer, and thats why he brought it up. I thought he was going to ask if he should buy it, but it was the complete opposite!!!

Wow. I'm so surprised by the guy who has "Unhappy Gamer" as his username, a screaming gamer + trollface as his avatar that he might be .... uh, trolling?

Yeah.

Trolling.

You can leave now.

Fatalmephisto
05-15-2013, 08:17 PM
A lot of my Online friends are MMO junkies and are now playing it due to me. :D

Facade
05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Lol. I already posted.

Sanguinesun
05-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I recommended this game to one friend who had previously recommended a few dud games for me in the past. We're even now :P

Other than that I've suggested 2 others to wait for a good while as there is a very fundamental issue with problems and their being solved that I think is going on. Another gaming forum for a small community of gamers I also recommended their waiting as well with 3-4 others chiming in their buyers remorse.

Potential? Sure but that's a sad and tired song at this point.

Rasczak
05-15-2013, 08:41 PM
A lot of my fan base are usually asking me about what games I enjoy, play, et cetera.

Sadly, Defiance is no longer even mentioned to them. Not even in passing.

Unhappy Gamer
05-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Wow. I'm so surprised by the guy who has "Unhappy Gamer" as his username, a screaming gamer + trollface as his avatar that he might be .... uh, trolling?

Yeah.

Trolling.

You can leave now.
You can call it whatever you want!

With less than 25,000 sales in its 5th week after release, and 36,000 on its 4th week after release, It looks like bad critic reviews and bad word of mouth is affecting this game!

Not a troll thread, just speaking the truth!

Finish the Fight
05-16-2013, 05:22 AM
You can call it whatever you want!

With less than 25,000 sales in its 5th week after release, and 36,000 on its 4th week after release, It looks like bad critic reviews and bad word of mouth is affecting this game!

Not a troll thread, just speaking the truth!

To what end?

Here is your sign /L