PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Action Sniper Rifles & Reload speed?

Zugo
05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
So yesterday I started to use the bolt action sniper rifles exclusively. Emergencies, Arkfalls, you name it, but I'm curious about the reload speed mod and how it works with the reload required after each shot. Does the reload speed on mods, and possible weapon stat effect the individual bullet chambering after each shot, or just the reload done after the clip is empty?

Pyth
05-10-2013, 07:16 AM
I can see your confusion on this. In most games reload speed counts for how fast you chamber the next round in bolt action rifles. But in Defiance, "fire rate" is what determines that. Votan Bolters tend to be the fastert in this regard. The reload speed determines how fast you swap the clip out.

Grit
05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
i'm guessing it's the reload speed of the magazine. I do know that i rarely use bolt actions because of well the slow RoF and the fact the damage trade off isn't that great compared to a semi-auto. headshots are headshots but they don't register all the time on this game like they should for some reason.

I'd love to use the revolver pistols but the fire-rate is soo damn slow that it's not worth the damage trade of compared to a wolf hound pistol. i can fire of 4 shots and kill somethin with the wolfhound compared to the 1 shot of the revolver...which sucks because i've wasted some pretty rad magazine mods on revolvers..as i wanted to "force" myself to use them but a 17round mag in a revolver would take 30 seconds to empty lol

Zugo
05-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, I was hoping it counted for the bullet chambering between shots but oh well.

The DPS for the bolt actions isn’t great but if you get the critical damage perks added to the already 3-4X on the rifle you have some pretty awsome one shot kills. I mostly started doing this for the outfit reward, but it’s turned out to be a pretty entertaining challenge

Grit
05-10-2013, 07:33 AM
I use the Semi-Autos...kinda sucks only having 50 rounds though haha..trigger spam runs ammo dry fast.

BA's are sweet..wish you could get mods to make them "unscoped" it'd be like W@W all over again :D

I know the crit mults are beyond awesome for the bolts but...when you're scoped in on someone's head and it doesn't connect, it gets frustrating. kinda wish that head/neck/heart were considered crits...for world enemies.

Razor
05-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Reload is for the whole clip I think and Fire-rate for how quick you can shoot bullets?

dejarnat
05-10-2013, 07:36 AM
The Votan bolters are the best by far, imo. I went from a bolter to another ba and there was a marked difference. It was like a tortoise/hare race. Even the Votan meteor bolters are like molasses. I use strictly Votan bolters.

Pyth
05-10-2013, 07:37 AM
BA's are sweet..wish you could get mods to make them "unscoped" it'd be like W@W all over again :D

I would like this as well. You should go post it in the suggestions forum and we'll see how many poeple we can get to yell until it happens.

Also, BARs need to do 1.7x more damage and SARs need to do 1.4x more damage, imo.

Grit
05-10-2013, 07:38 AM
I would like this as well. You should go post it in the suggestions forum and we'll see how many poeple we can get to yell until it happens.

Also, BARs need to do 1.7x more damage and SARs need to do 1.4x more damage, imo.

yeah i may need to do that... unscoped semi-auto ARs and snipers would rule all!!

Zugo
05-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I have a legendary derailer that has a magazine size of "21", ya it's amazing but the chambering between shots is what slows me down. How about the perk that reloads on crit kill? I'm guessing it only applies to magazine.

Grit
05-10-2013, 07:58 AM
yeah it deals with the magazine i think. I mean honestly for PvE i don't even see the real benefit of cloak...one shot they see you and have super eyes and continue to shoot you even when you're fully cloaked again...now there are awesome perks associated with cloak but i found that decoy works better for my "sniper" class.

Zugo
05-10-2013, 08:14 AM
yeah it deals with the magazine i think. I mean honestly for PvE i don't even see the real benefit of cloak...one shot they see you and have super eyes and continue to shoot you even when you're fully cloaked again...now there are awesome perks associated with cloak but i found that decoy works better for my "sniper" class.

I agree, but I need kills from cloak for part of the pursuit. :(

Grit
05-10-2013, 08:51 AM
yeah i need those too but meh..if i really feel like grinding that out..i'll do so back toward Earth Republic Camp haha

Zugo
05-10-2013, 08:56 AM
yeah i need those too but meh..if i really feel like grinding that out..i'll do so back toward Earth Republic Camp haha

There are some great sniping spots in that area.

I've also discovered that you can actually stay just inside the aggro area to make a few head shots, then run about 20 yards back to lose aggro and clean up the additional mobs.

Grit
05-10-2013, 09:03 AM
that and the fact the enemies in that area are about 10x weaker than the ole 99ers and dark matter guys.

i'm surprised that no one has complained about the fact there are no female raiders/99ers/mutants/dark matter....

Zugo
05-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Is there a specific shop location that carries Votan Bolters?