PDA

View Full Version : So... Anyone else sick to death yet of the Shotgun + cloak combo?

Mr Gambler
05-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Literally had to force myself to adopt this tactic just to stop getting b*tch slapped on the game by the same tactic. And now im just sick of playing deathmatch because of it. Just played a round where everyone was using the same tactic apart from a grand total of 2 people who got pretty much slaughtered.

Don't know about you guys, but these sort of events in games kinda ruin certain aspects of it for me, how about you?

Personally I would love to rock some other guns, but find myself unable too due to all this cloak and dagger buisness in the deathmatch games unless the gun happens to shoot bombs/rockets that make a big bang. It's pretty much conform or get repeatedly murdered, no variety at all. :(

Anderson
05-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Personally I've never found cloak to be all that great in PVP. Things are so close quarters that it's pretty easy to get the drop on people, so cloak is almost redundant. I use Overcharge because more damage is always good.

Weapon wise, yeah things are pretty limited.

The only weapons worth using are:

Shotguns
Infectors
Grenade Launchers

But again, this is all a consequence of the map layouts.

Mr Gambler
05-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Personally I've never found cloak to be all that great in PVP. Things are so close quarters that it's pretty easy to get the drop on people, so cloak is almost redundant. I use Overcharge because more damage is always good.

That is what ive tried to use, but always end up going back to the cloak due to ending the match with about 4-7 kills to 10+ deaths, from corner cloaks with mega clip size shotguns :/ Hell, maybe im just tired but a few times they have walked straight up to my face without me seeing them and blasted me clean.

Coolrockski
05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I agree 100% . I use AR or LMG with overcharged shot but ALWAYS get 3-4 deaths just from guy hiding in corner cloaked. If you actually stop and aim your gun, like most shooters, you are at a severe disadvanatge.

Mr Gambler
05-10-2013, 09:16 AM
I agree 100% . I use AR or LMG with overcharged shot but ALWAYS get 3-4 deaths just from guy hiding in corner cloaked. If you actually stop and aim your gun, like most shooters, you are at a severe disadvanatge.

It gets pretty frustrating :/ Just a simple nerf on the cloak for pvp would suffice quite nicely in my opinion (I repeat before someone rants, just for PVP), such as running and jumping up and down like bugs bunny should at least reveal them from the cloak, but instead they can do a backflip and all you will feel is a slight gust of wind.

IAMVILELENT
05-10-2013, 09:20 AM
All I can say is L2P, I used to be a diehard cloak shotty user, till I discovered blur and nano armor. I have 0 problem getting killed once, maybe twice a match by cloaked shotty users now. For the most part Ill get shot in the back, jump up turn around and just demolish face. They're becoming a dieing breed the more people use decoy or even infectors with overcharge.

In shadow wars really all you need to do is stand out in the open, as stupid as that sounds, you'll see them before they see you, gives you time to put distance while their cloak runs out, they'll get desperate and shoot at you from a farther distance exposing themselves, then you just light them up. For the non shotty users, just get good with a sniper rifle and you can take care of the riff raff running around the outskirts of your field of view.

dejarnat
05-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I am in the same boat as you OP. I just feel cheap playing PVP anymore.

I wish that they still showed on the minimap. Or a scrambled minimap like Halo where you at least know someone is cloaked NEAR you. That, and that teams were different colors. "Is that my teammate uncloaking or the enem-, BANG!!!" It was the enemy.

Krellen
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
As for powers I see Overcharge, Blur, and Cloak. Only one I do not see is decoy.

The conformity is deff more so in the weapons. All I see is shotgun, Infectors, and Grenade Launchers.

Overcharge is generally paired with the launchers as primary with shotgun as backup.

Pyth
05-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I use a Berserker with Overcharge.

BECAUSE I'M TRENDY.

Man With No Name
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't mind it really. I mainly snipe right now due to leveling my sniper rifles as well as wanting to play PvP. So i have spots on both maps, 3 spots close to each other and I rotate between the three after each kill due to death cam. Am I getting 13 kills a match? On Waterfront rarely but I can do fairy decent and avoid shotgun cloakers. Observatory I can pull off 10+ kills due to the areas and longer score count.

MiThiKaL
05-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Overchage, Sludge canon and Heavy carbine with a 3 burst mod. No need for a shotgun for me. I have my damaged turned on, so if I get someone that is cloaked with my sludge I see little numbers falling in the air and I know where they are. And since they are moving so slow its easy to kill.

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I usually rank at, or near the top just using an assault rifle... I'll just use cloak to get behind everyone and take em out from mid range.

Agonist
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
The people best at pvp aren't using cloak or shotgun. It's just easier.

jjj0309
05-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Everybody was shot-gun fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing

Quilliam
05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
The only time a cloaker shotgun guy gets me is if I stand still too long or go into a crowded area where I figure one is hanging out. Basically me being stupid.

I think the only balance thing to look into is the 3 seconds of vis if you get a 1 shot gun with a quick reload and 10% ego reduction combined with pumped up. Even then it's not that big of a deal.

I'd also consider upping damage when looking through a scope guns to make up for delay time it takes on animation vs fire from hip guns.

Calypso Atlas
05-10-2013, 11:12 AM
I run Infector Shotgun Blur, and one of my clan mates runs with a BMG. We do decent enough, Ive been killed by all sorts of things from Shotguns to AR to Sniper Rifles.

Nerotic
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
In order I get killed by..
1. Overcharge
2. No active power "that I can see, Decoy users might deserve higher rank. NOT Cloak."
3. Cloak
4. Blur
5. Decoy

It should be noted Overcharge users get me 50/50 Cloak gets me about 30% of the time. But... Blur users kill me 80% of the time and I fall for Decoys 95% of the time when use correctly by the enemy 'in my opinion doing it right in front of me is kinda a fail sending it down a hallway for me to unload at and violating me while I reload evokes nerd rage every time".. just rare to see them used. I use overcharge and every now and then cloak.

Also for every shogun death I get four to five deaths to the jag off who knows how to use infectors ...I have so much hate for that gun in PvP

thejx4
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
It's not a problem in Shadow War when you have larger open areas, and once you have better perks. I use LMGs and a semi-auto AR now. 30+ kills every time.

Archangel
05-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Literally had to force myself to adopt this tactic just to stop getting b*tch slapped on the game by the same tactic. And now im just sick of playing deathmatch because of it. Just played a round where everyone was using the same tactic apart from a grand total of 2 people who got pretty much slaughtered.

Don't know about you guys, but these sort of events in games kinda ruin certain aspects of it for me, how about you?

Personally I would love to rock some other guns, but find myself unable too due to all this cloak and dagger buisness in the deathmatch games unless the gun happens to shoot bombs/rockets that make a big bang. It's pretty much conform or get repeatedly murdered, no variety at all. :(

Not sick of it since the only working maps are all CQC type. Once we get maps that are more open you will see less shot guns and mor LMG's and Snipers and Infectors.

Falconi
05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
I have not yet had the pleasure of being annihilated with this tactic yet but I think that it would be the perfect time to jump on my own grenade.

Racheakt
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't pvp often, but I am hearing a lot of complaints about the immunizers now, it appears peeps have found a decent counter, and if not a counter another viable play style.

The first DLC is adding melee wepons i think, expect the cloak/sword/dagger hate to flow, as i bet they will be high damage.

Rebellius555
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Im sick of ppl using shotguns + cloak. I usually run with Infector to teach those noobs a lesson... and shotgun if Im really annoyed. Normally, Im trying to get a decent score using LMG or AR, but sometimes it's just useless, especially when there are about 10 people scratching your back with a shotgun. What I think is that Trion should at least reduce shotgun damage by 10% and make "fast and furious" atv guys job harder... slightly. PVP needs some balance. Im not enjoying it and I never did. I only play pvp to complete my pursuits. Period.

hardy83
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Decoy could use a buff in PvP. Or at LEAST make the decoy shoot (no damage) to make it look like a player is playing it.

Maybe give Decoy a short 2-3 second cloak so in PvP, enemies only see the decoy running but not the player.

Badblade
05-10-2013, 01:16 PM
OMG yes. I have been sick of it for a month. IMO it's really sucking all the fun and joy out of PVP.

- Please - larger maps and more maps. Even better, randomized maps
- Nerf all shotguns with a harsher falloff damage
- Nerf Damage of all shotguns against shields
- And add a "shimmer" predator effect to cloak at close range

Alright... now I crack a beer and wait for the cloak + Shotty crybabies to flame my ideas for PVP fix.

KOLZ
05-10-2013, 01:18 PM
No I am not. Because I use it all the time because nubs like you moan and cry every time so it's a lot more fun to use that for that sole reason than anything else. When you ***** pay for my game, xbox service, and internet then you can tell me what to use. Until then I will use this combo every single time I log in to pvp just for you people. :D Don't like it? Deal with it.

DAWG
05-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Simple fix. Remove EGO powers from PvP. We are after all supposed to be playing Echelon Mercs, and I'm willing to bet they don't all have EGO implants, just look at the nuggets you constantly have to save by the side of the road. No EGO powers still means your characters skill in weapons makes a difference. Problem is you still get the long range infector nubs.

Hithlum
05-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I don't like Cloak on Waterfront, on Observatory, sure it is great.

Badblade
05-10-2013, 01:24 PM
No I am not. Because I use it all the time because nubs like you moan and cry every time so it's a lot more fun to use that for that sole reason than anything else. When you ***** pay for my game, xbox service, and internet then you can tell me what to use. Until then I will use this combo every single time I log in to pvp just for you people. :D Don't like it? Deal with it.

Yeah... Don't tell him what to do because you're not the boss of him and he'll use whateverhe wantsandyouall suck andhe'll usewhathelikesand... Can you say, "run-on sentence"?

Don't take away his precious Shotty + Cloak... just nerf the crap out of it. We'll see how long he advocates the EGO-Weapon combo that is killing Defiance PVP...

KOLZ
05-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah... Don't tell him what to do because you're not the boss of him and he'll use whateverhe wantsandyouall suck andhe'll usewhathelikesand... Can you say, "run-on sentence"?

Don't take away his precious Shotty + Cloak... just nerf the crap out of it. We'll see how long he advocates the EGO-Weapon combo that is killing Defiance PVP...

lol @ crying for nerfs because you got pwnd. ;) The amusing thing with you people it doesn't matter what the dev's do you will always cry about something that kills you and I will always aim to use that because nothing is more amusing than the way you people cry.

jdolden
05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
try BMG's, I've had good luck with BMGs oddly.

Badblade
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
lol @ crying for nerfs because you got pwnd. ;) The amusing thing with you people it doesn't matter what the dev's do you will always cry about something that kills you and I will always aim to use that because nothing is more amusing than the way you people cry.

Dear lord, save us from today's education system.

com·ma
/ˈkämə/
Noun

A punctuation mark (,) indicating a pause between parts of a sentence. It is also used to separate items in a list and to mark the place...
A minute interval or difference of pitch.

KOLZ
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Dear lord, save us from today's education system.

com·ma
/ˈkämə/
Noun

A punctuation mark (,) indicating a pause between parts of a sentence. It is also used to separate items in a list and to mark the place...
A minute interval or difference of pitch.

That's not gonna help you from you getting pwnd and teabagged, nub. ;) Sorry to tell you.

Sids
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Let them come. I eat shotgun-cloak noobs like pringle chips.

Rusty227
05-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Ya player vs. player is crap and it would be good if players didn't spam shotguns, detonaters and now I'm seeing a lot of infectors. Wish I could use an assault rifle or LMG but no I immediatly get killed by shotgun and detonater spammers. I dread going into multiplayer because of this the only reason I go in is so I can get that max rep achievment and the freight yard achievment as soon as I get those I will never play player vs. player again.

Badblade
05-10-2013, 02:53 PM
That's not gonna help you from you getting pwnd and teabagged, nub. ;) Sorry to tell you.

Hey genius... maybe you should get hooked on phonics.

nub
/nəb/
Noun

The crux or central point of a matter.
A small lump or protuberance.

Mr Gambler
05-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Dear God, I seen plenty of kids crying when they got ID'd to buy this game, but you must have slipped the net.

Anderson
05-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Dear God, I seen plenty of kids crying when they got ID'd to buy this game, but you must have slipped the net.

Oh come on, that come back was priceless.