PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite sheild?

johnisme
05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I like using the respark,it has the best overall stats for me.

Ryme
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Given the pace of combat, unless you devote a weapon slot to a BMG, Respark is your best bet to getting things done solo.

Archangel
05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Respark for solo and pve.

Highest shield possible with the lowest recharge for pvp.

I have a 1500 shield with 3 second recharge delay and 40% recharge per second i use. No idea which one it is.

crasher
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Respark Blastproof IV D. It keeps me healthy while I'm standing too close under a monarch with my CS-X.

I'd like to know, when it says:
"+50% HP regen"
-50% when?
-how fast (rate)?
-How often while I'm getting shot at?
-Does it only happen once, if I survive the initial encounter
-Will it happen again within a minute?

When it says:
"Damage Resistance - (icon)"
-How much resistance?
-How many times/battle? Continuously? Once?
-How many times / 10 seconds, or minute, or battle? How often?

Muffins
05-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Respark, it's kind of the only proper shield. The ones that have 9.6 delay with 10% regen even, their capacity's are high sure but not nearly high enough to warrant changing to one. The scale/reward is off so pretty much everyone uses Respark.

Sids
05-11-2013, 02:02 AM
I've been using a Hurricane Regenerator lately. Six second recharge delay, something like 70% rate, and 50% health regen? Very yes.

I've also got a 'Blockade' that I use for Shadow Wars, which resists vehicle damage and makes me a serious thorn in the cerberus' side.

crasher
05-11-2013, 02:08 AM
I've been using a Hurricane Regenerator lately. Six second recharge delay, something like 70% rate, and 50% health regen? Very yes.

I've also got a 'Blockade' that I use for Shadow Wars, which resists vehicle damage and makes me a serious thorn in the cerberus' side.

The problem with that 6 second delay is that if you get hit at any time during the 6 seconds, the timer starts over again from '0'.

I've been experimenting with some of the slower/bigger shields and my syphon SAW, trying to see if the syphon will keep the shield charged to begin with.

So far: It's 'erratic'.

Sids
05-11-2013, 02:32 AM
The problem with that 6 second delay is that if you get hit at any time during the 6 seconds, the timer starts over again from '0'.

I've been experimenting with some of the slower/bigger shields and my syphon SAW, trying to see if the syphon will keep the shield charged to begin with.

So far: It's 'erratic'.

I'm also using a lot of tanky perks, like Fortitude and Regeneration and Cellular Armor and that kind of thing, so really the health-regen stat is more important to me than the shield delay anyway. But the bigger capacity is nice, because it's just that much more punishment I can take before I need to take cover.

Shields are pretty loadout-dependent, too..... I use a different one for Blur, or for Decoy, or Overcha.... well, I guess I don't really use overcharge lately, but whatever. With Blur, a long delay is no big deal because I can just get out of dodge when my **** gets low, hide for a little bit, and I'm full by the time the bad guys catch up.

Jack Johnson
05-11-2013, 09:15 AM
-How much resistance?

50% from my experience. Damage resistance is very, very important. Especially since frag grenades are considered fire elemental damage (which means in PvP you cannot be 1-hit killed by a frag grenade if you have fire resist gear). You can confirm this yourself if you have a frag grenade, toss it at the ground, and it'll normally kill you, but if you have fire resistance on it'll leave you with HP remaining.

Defy
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Respark for sure

Dmec
05-11-2013, 10:17 AM

I use the same shield. If I should use another I would use Respark.

Galactimus
05-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I knew this topic would end up 95% Respark users.

"Do I want to regenerate 1100 shields in 5.5 seconds (3 for refresh, 2.5 for shield refill) and activate shield perks (run speed) very often? Or do I want to regen 1700 shields in 16 seconds (6 for refresh, 10 for shield refill) and rarely activate shield perks."

They need to add bonuses for specific shield types to make them stand out more. 10% damage reduction on Ironclads. 20% Movement speed boost on Rebels. Anything to make non-Resparks a little more appealing.

Muffins
05-12-2013, 12:13 AM
I knew this topic would end up 95% Respark users.

"Do I want to regenerate 1100 shields in 5.5 seconds (3 for refresh, 2.5 for shield refill) and activate shield perks (run speed) very often? Or do I want to regen 1700 shields in 16 seconds (6 for refresh, 10 for shield refill) and rarely activate shield perks."

They need to add bonuses for specific shield types to make them stand out more. 10% damage reduction on Ironclads. 20% Movement speed boost on Rebels. Anything to make non-Resparks a little more appealing.

I definitely agree, there's nothing more that I'd enjoy than using the 1800 capacity shields but waiting behind cover for 5.8 seconds when a raider comes around a corner "YOU'RE MIINNEEEEEEEEEE" *PEW PEW PEW* and I have to wait another 6 seconds is just plain inconvenient and downright frustrating.
I was always a fan of the 9.6 sec ones since they always had something so lovely about them (good stats etc), just that delay really kills it.

CrYpToNiTe
05-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah, as of now.. to me personally Respark is the only shield i use due to the fast recharge.

crasher
05-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Yeah, as of now.. to me personally Respark is the only shield i use due to the fast recharge.

I was trying to use some of the big-damage shields that have elemental protection but low recharge, and keeping them pumped up with my syphon SAW.
It doesn't work well for me, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
I like wearing a flame shield for flame bugs, and an electric shield against electric archers.... It's a good theory, I'm still trying to work out the kinks.

Muffins
05-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Been using Ironclad as of tonight. 1800 capacity, 10% recharge rate, 6 second delay.

To my surprise it's been rather efficient! It's horrid to watch the 10% recharge rate slowly creep up, but I suppose with the amount of time I spend hiding behind things it's something I don't notice too much.

xEDMx
05-12-2013, 02:46 PM
PVP I def use Rhino, 1801 shields, 40% regen, Syphon resist, 4% less dam when shield down. 9.6s

I use 45% dam reduc shield break, 30% back reduc, 15% height reduc, 45% speed when shield breaks (5s), +225hp, +hp regen, and lastly 15% back damage.

With this combo I like blur. and bio grenade.

I ether use Syphon LMG with falloff damage for long range kills with 1 shot sniper rifle (hs) with lightning effect.

second combo, Sypon LMG with FIre shotty +8 fall off damage.

Bio nade is key for map control and winning the overall battle. This prevents the scrubs who only use shotty and infector with cloak from 1 shoting you and gives you the means to make space. 9x out of 10 the stealthier panics and continues to shot out of his range... because well most the pvp are garbage in this game and people that think its to hard... well get out of your box.

pebcak
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
the shield I use is a rebel with a 1500 for the shield and a 2.89 recharge on it

PseudoCool
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I must be the oddball here...

Rebel Regen, level 892 Blue.. got a level 1000 waiting for me to hit it tonight as well. By far and large the shield that works the best for my play style in pretty much every load out. I've got an Ironclad Regen as well, and I use that for PvP, even if the 6 second delay is a bit of a stress on the pucker factor :)

Natjur
05-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I was trying to use some of the big-damage shields that have elemental protection but low recharge, and keeping them pumped up with my syphon SAW.
It doesn't work well for me, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

You need a few perks that increase the chance of Nano effects triggering to make this work for you. Fast weapons with high chance of Syphon nano in PVP can make you look like endless shields.

Cutlass Jack
05-12-2013, 07:52 PM
I use a purple Respark Contender on my main. Since I'm melee focused, the melee bonus on the very frequent recharge works out well for me. I also I have a Rebel Contender I like.

theyeti
05-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I use respark regenerator +50%hp regen, 2.7 delay with fire resistance for pvp and pve. I used to use a rhino or ironclad for pvp, but never had time for shields to come back up. Switched to a Rebel regenerator with 2.55 speed and 1400ish shields, but didn't like the 10% so went back to a respark. Respark has more effective HP than any other shield if you play correctly, and it lets you proc shield down effects a lot more often and by the time my shields are back up most procs are refreshed.

Respark for solo and pve.

Highest shield possible with the lowest recharge for pvp.

I have a 1500 shield with 3 second recharge delay and 40% recharge per second i use. No idea which one it is.

It is probably a Rebel, unless at ego 5000 resparks get up to 1500, but at 2600ego they only have 1200 for me. Rebes are at 1500 range shields, with a 2.55-3 sec delay, but only 10% recharge.

Muffins
05-12-2013, 10:53 PM
It is probably a Rebel, unless at ego 5000 resparks get up to 1500, but at 2600ego they only have 1200 for me.
Ego 2400, have a 1280 sittin' in my inventory.

crasher
05-13-2013, 12:58 AM
You need a few perks that increase the chance of Nano effects triggering to make this work for you. Fast weapons with high chance of Syphon nano in PVP can make you look like endless shields.

Thanks.
I've got 20 EgoUnits (EU) burning a hole in my pocket but my last 3 slots are still locked. I've been waiting to see what comes along and when.