PDA

View Full Version : Defiance not a full game?

The Guy
05-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Over 40 main story mission
Over 150 side missions
7 "dungeons"
5 tv missions
2 ( you can argue the 3rd.) Pvp locations
Large scale 64 vs. 64 pvp Shadow Wars
Over 100 pursuits
Daily and weekly contracts
It is a full game I think the problem is Defiance lets you do the main story how you want. Most other mmo's make clear out side mission so you can unlock more of the main story which is a catch 22 depends how you look at it. These are the facts on game content right now and since launch sounds like a lot of content and Defiance shiped as a full game . I did'n say it was smooth but complete

Hope499
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Someone told me there was 12 main missions?

Anyway, good post and I agree!

Neogeo
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Over 40 main story mission
Over 150 side missions
7 "dungeons"
5 tv missions
2 ( you can argue the 3rd.) Pvp locations
Large scale 64 vs. 64 pvp Shadow Wars
Over 100 pursuits
Daily and weekly contracts
It is a full game I think the problem is Defiance lets you do the main story how you want. Most other mmo's make clear out side mission so you can unlock more of the main story which is a catch 22 depends how you look at it. These are the facts on game content right now and since launch sounds like a lot of content and Defiance shiped as a full game . I did'n say it was smooth but complete

Well, if you compare Defiance to other game. TSW cost $20 and it has way more contents than Defiance will ever be. Likewise with GW2. Maybe if you compare Defiance to those MMO lobby style shooter...

There are better bang for your buck, Defiance definitely doesn't had 60 dollar worth of contents.

Blackwolfe
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
TSW also has a subscription AND ingame store (dunno if the sub is optional these days like lotro/sw:tor). Besides, Defiance is an MMO, mmos usually evolve over time. The first dlc looks really promising too and I think we will start seeing more actual crossover (aside from the now removed episode misions involving irisa and nolan) content starting next week (with rynn most likely coming to the game).

But yeah, I agree. Defiance is currently a little weak on the content side compared to alot of other mmo's.

Codebreaker
05-10-2013, 12:45 PM
If you look at any mmo, their like charm bracelets, you buy the main chain and add the charms as you go along to build it up, and with each charm the bracelet looks different and adds content. So what you start out with, is not what you end up with. It fills up with time... :-)

Valanga
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
INB4 Princess Bride's gifs :cool:

mcwjimbo
05-10-2013, 01:25 PM
If you look at any mmo, their like charm bracelets, you buy the main chain and add the charms as you go along to build it up, and with each charm the bracelet looks different and adds content. So what you start out with, is not what you end up with. It fills up with time... :-)

Uhm more like in Defiance's case = 3 rusty twisted links of a charm bracelet, not a full charm bracelet to even attach doo dads to

Codebreaker
05-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Restoration on your bracelet we'll have it fixed in no time ;-)

Uhm more like in Defiance's case = 3 rusty twisted links of a charm bracelet, not a full charm bracelet to even attach doo dads to

KOLZ
05-10-2013, 01:35 PM
New to mmo's huh? Welcome to your first mmo then. ;)

Iceberg
05-10-2013, 01:36 PM

More like they add a charm but due to quality of the metal used they have to take it off and work on it, then give it back and pull it again and say that they forgot to gold plate it.

Codebreaker
05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Who me, lol I wish....

New to mmo's huh? Welcome to your first mmo then. ;)

mcwjimbo
05-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Restoration on your bracelet we'll have it fixed in no time ;-)

:-)

/10 char/

KOLZ
05-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Who me, lol I wish....

No the nub that made this post and expects 20,000 quest on release day before patches and dlc content.

Codebreaker
05-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Oky Doky ;-)

No the nub that made this post and expects 20,000 quest on release day before patches and dlc content.

Codebreaker
05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
No not gold, thats so bling bling, I'd go for silver which is kinda neutral, all the good bits get added after like titanium and platinum... ;-)

More like they add a charm but due to quality of the metal used they have to take it off and work on it, then give it back and pull it again and say that they forgot to gold plate it.