PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke

Driller
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Since in game chat is very poor in design,basically useless,I am gonna have to ask my question here.
Am I really using up the same ammo with my assault rifle,submachine gun and LMG?!!!
Is that a joke?!
And what the hell is the support doing,if they are not fixing my week and a half old submitted tickett?!
Team play is very disappointing in Defiance imao...
I am so glad I didn't buy it,but a little frustrated for using my gift cards on this,that seems to be underdeveloped product!
What exactly is that you guys play in Defiance to have fun,that's not a constant grind of shooting and Arkfall chasing...
Help me out here,what do I do for fun?!

MrE78
05-10-2013, 02:03 PM
You seemed to be a very stressed person.
I hope you live in WA or CO if so go smoke a bowl and come back with a more open mind.
Or you just enjoy being a drama queen.

Ryme
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Yes, they all go in the same "pouch" on your magical utility belt, which lets you run around carrying 40+ weapons at once.

Mourneblade
05-10-2013, 02:16 PM
You seemed to be a very stressed person.
I hope you live in WA or CO if so go smoke a bowl and come back with a more open mind.
Or you just enjoy being a drama queen.

Stop trying to downplay the issues.

You know damn well what he's talking about and he has every right to be annoyed. Go do whatever drugs you feel you need to do, but stop trolling the forums and coming down on people who expect more from a full priced game.]

@Driller:

Yes, Defiance is riddled with bad decisions, bugs, and pointless content, as well as ridiculous weapon "balancing". The actual PVE content is sparse, and the PVP is a one-sided battlefield what with the number of hackers.

Support tickets can take up to several weeks to get a response, and when you DO receive a response, it is usually an automated template message essentially telling you that Trion "knows about the issues" and in so many words, to get over it. I believe this is due to the fact that Trion supposedly only has 80 staff members working around the clock, or at least that is what they claim. It's still not a valid excuse for a modern release of this magnitude.

The gameplay IS fun, and the combat can be quite enjoyable. Ark Falls are a lot of fun (when there aren't hackers one-shotting everything with damage hacks) however you get mild rewards at best for participating. Emergencies are fruitless currently as they only yield experience and a bit of scrip and salvage for completion, as Trion felt it necessary to remove Keycodes as a reward item.

If you were looking for a game that had depth, longevity, and planned on getting 60$ worth of gameplay, Defiance is not it. At least not yet it isn't. Hopefully this will change with the upcoming major content patch, but who knows when that will be?

My advice is to come back in a few months and check on the progress of the game. If things haven;t changed drastically by then, they probably won't change enough to make the game any better. We're all crossing our fingers here.

sarazeff
05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Fan boy's are here again lmao , the guy was just talking truth duck head lol
MrE78 !!!!

Mourneblade
05-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Fan boy's are here again lmao , the guy was just talking truth duck head lol
MrE78 !!!!

Yes, unfortunately there are still a fair number of apologists and fanboys running rampant on the forums still trying to justify their purchases by downplaying the major issues with the game. Until those people acknowledge that the game is not perfect and start taking a stand with their wallets and opinions on the quality of games, we will continue getting half finished and incomplete games.

Look at what is happening to Timegate Studios, Gearbox, and Sega over the fiasco that was Aliens:Colonial Marines. More people should be doing that instead of letting the industry wipe their collective arses with our money and pi$$ on our opinions.

Iceberg
05-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Yes, it is a joke. If you think that was funny have a look inside the UI!

Khal
05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
If u nerdrage over something like this, i think u are not ment to have fun.
Don't ask us how to have fun.

wORLDbREAKER
05-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Whoever decided that it was ok to combine lmg and smg needs to be kicked in the junk. In no way shape or form should they share ammo and mods. That's just pure laziness on the devs. Make Pistols share ammo and mods with smg's and then it will make sense.

Driller
05-10-2013, 04:29 PM
judging from these responses,this is even worse then I imagined.which really sucks,because I like some of the customization that is ingame,really like the graphics,fps are holding high,no problems there...
Iv'e been playing for a week after it arrived and some of my content was not saved after logging out.Support was afk I guess...
Mournblade's response really says it all.He appears to be a seasoned,intelligent,perceptive and informed player who recognizes flaws in a objective manner.Thank you.
It's not like I wan't Defiance to fail,far from it,but why not take a more active interest in community's opinion and feedback even now when it's released.Change it for the better,send out surveys,modify and upgrade.What can go wrong with that.
And by the Gods of all in creation,STOP sending me automated messages...Im sick of it...

tuckerpb
05-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Since in game chat is very poor in design,basically useless,I am gonna have to ask my question here.
Am I really using up the same ammo with my assault rifle,submachine gun and LMG?!!!
Is that a joke?!
And what the hell is the support doing,if they are not fixing my week and a half old submitted tickett?!
Team play is very disappointing in Defiance imao...
I am so glad I didn't buy it,but a little frustrated for using my gift cards on this,that seems to be underdeveloped product!
What exactly is that you guys play in Defiance to have fun,that's not a constant grind of shooting and Arkfall chasing...
Help me out here,what do I do for fun?

in a word. yes.
this whole game is starting to become big sad joke. if you think using the same ammo is bad try doing moonshine shack. before it was actually do able. only a few places for the mobs to spawn. now they doubled the locations. made it so getting hit reduces the counter. (makes it really tough when the mobs have a ****ing 99% accuracy) and now they make a ****ing hulker spawn. would not be to bad if it also went after the raiders, but nooooooo now you have to dodge a ****ing hulker and raiders.

Driller
05-10-2013, 04:33 PM
If u nerdrage over something like this, i think u are not ment to have fun.
Don't ask us how to have fun.
not really asking,you're the only one that that missed the point

theyeti
05-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I can understand ARs and LMGs sharing ammo.... But most SMGs are SPECIFICALLY designed to use ammo that has a lower penetration so they can be used in urban environments and not blast through 8 walls killing innocent civvies. The M4 and SAW249 both use the same ammo in real life, no smg I am aware of fires RIFLE ammunition.

But this is only 1 of the many problems with defiance, and IMO not as big of a deal as many of the other things.

However, sharing the mods between all three is great. Cuts down on the amount of space I have to waste and the amount of terrible terrible randomness in this game.

THANKS FOR NINJA NERFS, THEY MAKE THE GAME MORE FUNS

Schwa
05-10-2013, 07:24 PM
in a word. yes.
this whole game is starting to become big sad joke. if you think using the same ammo is bad try doing moonshine shack. before it was actually do able. only a few places for the mobs to spawn. now they doubled the locations. made it so getting hit reduces the counter. (makes it really tough when the mobs have a ****ing 99% accuracy) and now they make a ****ing hulker spawn. would not be to bad if it also went after the raiders, but nooooooo now you have to dodge a ****ing hulker and raiders.

That actually sounds awesome.

Paklo
05-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Mourneblade is my new hero. :)

I've seen others posting apologist threads like it was their job. Hold a tic. Would a company hire people to blog and forum-post propaganda about their game? Attempting to downplay their failings and make their detractors look like whining impatient simpletons?

sarazeff
05-10-2013, 11:26 PM
True very true :)

Panthan
05-10-2013, 11:37 PM
from a realism point of view its a tad silly but it beats the alternative, they could have given smgs their own ammo group with ease, but that would have resulted in having 250 AR/LMG rounds and 250smg rounds, you'd still end up with the same overall ammo pool

Then again.. if you want to harp about realism.. running around with 500 .223 or worse.. 500 .308 rounds? Then again we are already moving more and more for ar and smg to be using the same ammo, FN for instance has a smg with the same effective range and mussle power as the average ar.
HK used to have the G3 series, availeble in long-riffle, carabine and smg version all using .308 caliber rounds.
Kalashnikov has done this for decades as well.

sarazeff
05-11-2013, 01:01 AM
If this is a 3rd person shooter then , if you play let's say black opps you dont share the ammo on that game :)

Panthan
05-11-2013, 01:32 AM
If this is a 3rd person shooter then , if you play let's say black opps you dont share the ammo on that game :)

And your ammo pool is adjusted accordingly, most fps alow you to carry around 160 each.
Crysis for instance lets you carry (depending on which gun) roughly 200 bullets for AR and 180bullets for the smg.

MrEllis
05-11-2013, 01:33 AM
I was mildly annoyed they shared ammo, seems a bit lazy. Maybe it had to do with balance? Who can tell why some ideas get pushed through, usually it's because "it's always been that way." I don't know if I'd write the whole game off because it. Conversely, because chat is so horrible, I don't have to hear this in-game, double-edged sword kind of thing.

Fiox
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Some of you guys have nothing better to do than down the game jesus. If I don't like something I stop playing and leave the forums with nary a word but some of you bash this game like its your damn job to do which is sad. Games far from perfect but give it some damn time and no a month or 2 is not giving it some damn time either. For something new you have to give it more time than normal.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Some of you guys have nothing better to do than down the game jesus. If I don't like something I stop playing and leave the forums with nary a word but some of you bash this game like its your damn job to do which is sad. Games far from perfect but give it some damn time and no a month or 2 is not giving it some damn time either. For something new you have to give it more time than normal.

They released the game, and in doing so opened themselves to criticism. They're getting it. From many, many fronts.

Vampt
05-11-2013, 02:16 AM
just play pvp cloak + pumped up and win til u get bored

Thaldavies
05-11-2013, 02:30 AM
They released the game, and in doing so opened themselves to criticism. They're getting it. From many, many fronts.

actually I see it from the same handful of people. and judging by your 1500+ posts you're the king troll on these forums. If you dont like the game might I suggest moving on to another mmo that has no bugs or issues? Oh wait an MMO with no bugs or issues doesn't exist my bad.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 02:46 AM
actually I see it from the same handful of people. and judging by your 1500+ posts you're the king troll on these forums. If you dont like the game might I suggest moving on to another mmo that has no bugs or issues? Oh wait an MMO with no bugs or issues doesn't exist my bad.

Oh no, I'm hardly unique. Check the critical reception for this game, along with the user comments on the various gaming blogs when the producer announces something big.

I don't even have to try.

Spookyy
05-11-2013, 03:32 AM
This game could and should have been kick arse game BUT Trion failed due to being forced to release early. As said earlier when you release the game you open up for a ****storm if your coding sucks, and boy do the coding suck...

Driller
05-11-2013, 04:02 AM

Give it time?!
This isn't beta anymore,it's now or hoping that the next big patch will improve things.Hopefuly it will.

JD nutz
05-11-2013, 04:20 AM
If you were looking for a game that had depth, longevity, and planned on getting 60$ worth of gameplay, Defiance is not it. At least not yet it isn't. Hopefully this will change with the upcoming major content patch, but who knows when that will be?

My advice is to come back in a few months and check on the progress of the game. If things haven;t changed drastically by then, they probably won't change enough to make the game any better. We're all crossing our fingers here.

i am so fed up of people posting there BS in these forums, if you think that defiance is not worth the money, because theres to many problems bugs or what ever BS you want to come up with, then you are wrong there so many games not worth the money defiance is not one, i am gettin fed of coming to the forums to find out new information for a great game only to find the same people posting how much they hate defiance. WHY DONT YOU **** OFF BACK TO WHAT EVER BS YOU WAS PLAYING BEFORE DEFIANCE.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 04:27 AM
i am so fed up of people posting there BS in these forums, if you think that defiance is not worth the money, because theres to many problems bugs or what ever BS you want to come up with, then you are wrong there so many games not worth the money defiance is not one, i am gettin fed of coming to the forums to find out new information for a great game only to find the same people posting how much they hate defiance. WHY DONT YOU F UCK OFF BACK TO WHAT EVER BS YOU WAS PLAYING BEFORE DEFIANCE.

I was playing Defiance before Defiance released. Sorry.

JD nutz
05-11-2013, 04:40 AM
I was playing Defiance before Defiance released. Sorry.

SO YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR OVER A MONTH YET YOU DONT THINK THE GAME IS WORTH THE MONEY, YOU ARE A T WAT. If i have a game i dont like it will usally leave my xbox with in a day or 2, and i would think about trading it in, but i guess because i,m not a ******ed **** i know what to do.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 04:40 AM
SO YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR OVER A MONTH YET YOU DONT THINK THE GAME IS WORTH THE MONEY, YOU ARE A T WAT. If i have a game i dont like it will usally leave my xbox with in a day or 2, and i would think about trading it in, but i guess because i,m not a ******ed twa t i know what to do.

Oh, I log in once in a while. The forums are more amusing for now.

Because of what I just quoted.

JD nutz
05-11-2013, 05:01 AM

so you come here once in a while to wind up people, for a game you dont even like? ...............t wat

Driller
05-11-2013, 05:22 AM
SO YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME FOR OVER A MONTH YET YOU DONT THINK THE GAME IS WORTH THE MONEY, YOU ARE A T WAT. If i have a game i dont like it will usally leave my xbox with in a day or 2, and i would think about trading it in, but i guess because i,m not a ******ed twa t i know what to do.
Away with your x-box,consoles are dead... :P
this is General-PC Thread section

Airwave
05-11-2013, 06:29 AM

could'nt have said troll better myself LOL

tuckerpb
05-11-2013, 08:20 AM
and how long should we wait till holding the staff accountable for there work?

tuckerpb
05-11-2013, 08:22 AM
just play pvp cloak + pumped up and win til u get bored

actualy cloak + shotgun does not = instant win. i should know i use both and barely get in the middle. i am normally at the bottom

Tyger
05-11-2013, 09:33 AM
judging from these responses,this is even worse then I imagined.which really sucks,because I like some of the customization that is ingame,really like the graphics,fps are holding high,no problems there...
Iv'e been playing for a week after it arrived and some of my content was not saved after logging out.Support was afk I guess...
Mournblade's response really says it all.He appears to be a seasoned,intelligent,perceptive and informed player who recognizes flaws in a objective manner.Thank you.
It's not like I wan't Defiance to fail,far from it,but why not take a more active interest in community's opinion and feedback even now when it's released.Change it for the better,send out surveys,modify and upgrade.What can go wrong with that.
And by the Gods of all in creation,STOP sending me automated messages...Im sick of it...

Hope you 2 are using protection. Would h8 to see what comes from a sweaty saturday forum-warrior night.

Mourneblade
05-11-2013, 01:25 PM
i am so fed up of people posting there BS in these forums, if you think that defiance is not worth the money, because theres to many problems bugs or what ever BS you want to come up with, then you are wrong there so many games not worth the money defiance is not one, i am gettin fed of coming to the forums to find out new information for a great game only to find the same people posting how much they hate defiance. WHY DONT YOU **** OFF BACK TO WHAT EVER BS YOU WAS PLAYING BEFORE DEFIANCE.

You know, I always thought reading comprehension was supposedly taught in school. Apparently I was wrong. How about you re-read what you quoted?

I never said I hated the game, only that it isn't worth the 60$ we are being charged for it. There is not enough content, there is very little support, and many bad decisions are being made over how the game is progressing. I want Defiance to succeed just as much as you, I'm sure. The difference between you and I is that I'm not blinded by the hype or deluded by vague posts made by community moderators, and I don;t care to defend my purchase for the sake of not looking like a foolish consumer.

Please, by all means, point out where I or anyone else for that matter has said "I hate Defiance and I hope it fails". Not one person on this thread has said anything remotely related to that. Your implications are false and defamatory.

I would also like to remind you that PC players cannot trade in a PC game once it has been opened, but then you would understand that if you weren't so busy yelling at everyone from your Xbox platform.

Mourneblade
05-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Hope you 2 are using protection. Would h8 to see what comes from a sweaty saturday forum-warrior night.

Your posts grow increasingly immature and less original. At this rate of devolving, your responses will be akin to those of an untrained primate throwing it's own feces at a monitor, which honestly, I would thoroughly enjoy watching.

Please send video.

Jester
05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!