PDA

View Full Version : The Crossing Content, Is it to late?

Jack The Bear
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Well I was reading this thread, that was just locked. Posted by Ogre Lambart so props to him for showing me it. The Iranthient Vagabond! (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/10/the-irathient-vagabond)

Here is my question, Is this to late? Is it just in time? What are your thoughts?

Personally, I think that it may be fine on timing, but they could have shared this information a little bit sooner. I like the idea of continuing the hunt for Rynn in the game, although her involvment in the game was no surprise, it is still nice. I'm hoping we can nab a nice new outfit atleast from it, or a gun, or both. ;]

PhotriusPyrelus
05-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I saw that and my first thought was "But she's in prison!" <.<

Raico Sansin
05-10-2013, 03:55 PM
The crossover to me wasn't late, it just needed to be explained WAY better. Trion pretty much let everyone come to the conclusion that we would be getting this type of content every week. If they had said new content "regularly" then that would've shut down all the anger stemming from that particular problem. They still have 2 possible hurdles though:

1. If this content makes ANY MAJOR new bugs.
2. The reward for completing this better decent.

mbergeron
05-10-2013, 03:57 PM
The crossover has to go with the show episodes, so they will not be as fast as many people want them to be. The show airs once a week so that is the time frame we have to look at with episodic content and crossovers. It is a fine time frame and makes sense with the show time.

WhiteCell
05-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Yes it's too late and that is because it's compounded by a lack of content to begin with. The cross tie-in content wouldn't have been scrutinized that much if the core game had more to do I think. Since it does the opposite it's that much more of an issue to players that were expecting something for the money already spent on the game.

If the episodic content is bad and/or over with quickly it's just going to be that much worse due to it being late compounding the other problems with the game.

Trion needs a smooth deployment and meaningful content. If they don't get this right then it's certainly not going to result in happy players. Also there is a issue of whether or not the content will disappear like the per-premier episodes did.

Maixx
05-10-2013, 04:00 PM
How is this too late....
Ffs, the game has only been out just over a month, and only 4 episodes of the show have aired.

Raico Sansin
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM
The crossover has to go with the show episodes, so they will not be as fast as many people want them to be. The show airs once a week so that is the time frame we have to look at with episodic content and crossovers. It is a fine time frame and makes sense with the show time.

Uh dude, this is the first cross show content(unless you count the pre-show content) and we are on episode 4. Trion said weekly so when 4 weeks go by and you're supposed to have four episodes in game and you only get 1, plp tend to get a bit upset.

Swampster
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah... that blog post is actually a bit of a spoiler for the next episode; ok the Rynn crossover is pretty much the worlds worst kept secret, but isn't the next show about Nolan and Amanda transferring her across the badlands to prison (presumably Las Vegas?)?

Speaking of which, why would Amanda go? *shrug*

Jack The Bear
05-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Yes it's too late and that is because it's compounded by a lack of content to begin with. The cross tie-in content wouldn't have been scrutinized that much if the core game had more to do I think. Since it does the opposite it's that much more of an issue to players that were expecting something for the money already spent on the game.

If the episodic content is bad and/or over with quickly it's just going to be that much worse due to it being late compounding the other problems with the game.

Trion needs a smooth deployment and meaningful content. If they don't get this right then it's certainly not going to result in happy players. Also there is a issue of whether or not the content will disappear like the per-premier episodes did.

I have to say I agree with this. This is the first episode content, if its 2 short little missions.. I can say I wont be happy either. They hyped up the cross-content so much that if its lacking.. Zoinks.

hardy83
05-10-2013, 04:15 PM
It's exactly on time. If you watch the first 4 minutes of the new episode you'll see it explained.

The delayed DLC is most likely the paid/free stuff we saw in the last dev blog.

I'm going to assume that none of the tie in stuff will be late.

Bugged though...Maybe. lol

Rizaun
05-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Not sure how it is too late, the game has been out for a month and we've only seen 4 episodes of the series.

ItISLupus
05-10-2013, 04:17 PM

If, just throwing it out there, it's too late and you have uninstalled, Why, may I ask are you still here?

Raico Sansin
05-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Trion said a new mission every episode. We got one mission and there are 4 episodes out...........math is fun ain't it.

WhiteCell
05-10-2013, 04:24 PM
If, just throwing it out there, it's too late and you have uninstalled, Why, may I ask are you still here?

I like the show. I still own the game. Trion can still release patches.

Is that enough? Game forums aren't an echo chamber of praise. Games improve because of criticism.

Jack The Bear
05-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Trion said a new mission every episode. We got one mission and there are 4 episodes out...........math is fun ain't it.

Actually they did not say a new mission every episode. They said new "content". They said missions where bi-weekly or something *i think*.

Raico Sansin
05-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Actually they did not say a new mission every episode. They said new "content". They said missions where bi-weekly or something *i think*.

Kinda how they said "1 million registered users". Cross show tie ins every week is what was advertised, so I assumed episode content. My mistake..

Jack The Bear
05-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I like the show. I still own the game. Trion can still release patches.

Is that enough? Game forums aren't an echo chamber of praise. Games improve because of criticism.

You know lets Derail this thread a bitty bit. Next episode Rynn is obviously going to escape and Jail-break.. Who do you think is going to spring her, and why? Or maybe she springs herself.

BLITZKRI3G
05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
i agree with this post
It's exactly on time. If you watch the first 4 minutes of the new episode you'll see it explained.

The delayed DLC is most likely the paid/free stuff we saw in the last dev blog.

I'm going to assume that none of the tie in stuff will be late.

Bugged though...Maybe. lol

Yun
05-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Cross overs will be Episodes 105 which is this Monday's episode and Rynn coming to the game the next batch of game/show stories crossing over is 108 and 109. Then more cross overs will occur in the off season between Season 1 and 2 after Season 1 finale.

Burncykle
05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Kinda how they said "1 million registered users". Cross show tie ins every week is what was advertised, so I assumed episode content. My mistake..

We have received episode related content with each TV episode; just because it wasn't most peoples dream content of full new storylines every week, doesn't invalidate it.

Fun Gus
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
We have received episode related content with each TV episode; just because it wasn't most peoples dream content of full new storylines every week, doesn't invalidate it.

is kill this and press 'e' realy crossover content? ...realy?

WhiteCell
05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Cross overs will be Episodes 105 which is this Monday's episode and Rynn coming to the game the next batch of game/show stories crossing over is 108 and 109. Then more cross overs will occur in the off season between Season 1 and 2 after Season 1 finale.

Source?

I'm pretty active on the forums and haven't heard this before. I don't see Defiance stuff on other domains I frequent either. Would like to know more about this.