PDA

View Full Version : Do Paid Loot Boosts Apply to Lockboxes?

k465
05-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Just wondering if it was worth it to buy 1 of each type of loot boost to go with the weekend promotion... I was planning to use said buffs on lock boxes since I still have ~20 / 50$ worth of bits left.

Sledgehammer70
05-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Normal Loot boosts that are obtained via the Bits store do not apply a boost to Lockboxes.

IAMVILELENT
05-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Normal Loot boosts that are obtained via the Bits store do not apply a boost to Lockboxes.

The official post says they stack? So they don't stack on loot boxes, but it does stack on everything else? So does the 10% boost we ARE getting for free work on lock boxes at all?

Valethar
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
You wouldn't want them to apply to lock boxes anyway, given that they don't actually increase the rarity of your drops as stated. They increase the frequency, and slant the table towards white drops that consist mostly of grenades and shields.

They've been that way since Beta 3 with no noticeable improvement since then.

Sledgehammer70
05-10-2013, 04:59 PM
The official post says they stack? So they don't stack on loot boxes, but it does stack on everything else? So does the 10% boost we ARE getting for free work on lock boxes at all?

Loot Boosts stack for weapons, weapon mods, shields, and grenades.

IAMVILELENT
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Loot Boosts stack for weapons, weapon mods, shields, and grenades.

*crossing fingers for legendary nano fragger*

cusman
05-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Why doesn't this translate into something I can understand?

Can Trion please provide a resource that explains Lockboxes and how the random chance for getting useful loot works? Currently I consider opening lockboxes largely pointless. Cost more than the value of what they produce.