PDA

View Full Version : Story Done.. What now? (Longer post than I was expecting. Lol.)

Chris EK9
05-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I just finished the Main Story and if I'm honest it was a struggle. Not difficult at all but the whole game felt like grinding to me. I really had to force myself into finishing the Main Quests and now only have the final Side Mission to do. I'm @ EGO 1554 now and honestly don't think I could see myself just bumming out and repeating CoOp Maps. I did really like the game, I still do I suppose but it's just so repetitive.

Go here. Kill these guys. Press/Hold X. Kill these guys now. Done.

Or.... Go here. Press/Hold X. Kill these guys. Go here. Press/Hold X. Done.

I love RPGs. Have done since FF7 was released. I know the basics are the same for most games but this game just feels so simple. There's absolutely no need to pay attention to the story nor do you feel in anyway involved/immersed in whats going on. I'm usually pretty good a grinding levels in RPGs to make my Character a beast but with the way the Weapons/Items are scaled there's almost no need to ever ever NEED to Level Up. Unless of course you buy a weapon you can't use, which is part of the reason I wanted to keep playing to be honest.

I'm not hating on the game because I did enjoy it but I just don't see what the point in continuing is. Say I don't return until every single other Character is @ EGO 4-5000. They would barely be any better than myself. So whats the point other than being able to say you're that high a Level. I know there is DLC due out soon and the game desperately needs it. Which after only a month or so isn't too good. The Map needs to be so much bigger! With a City of some sort and Weapon/Grenade/Shield Specific Vendors, like a Mall in that City. I still don't get why they based or tied this game to a TV Series but have it set in a completely different place. So all the chat and 'goings on' in the show have almost no meaning to anyone playing the game. The game requires absolutely 0 thought to play and that just makes it boring.

This is not a Hate Thread so no need for anyone to lecture me on how amazing Trion are and how hard it is to make a game like this.

I just want to know what you guys do after the story to reach those high EGO Levels, or basically find the will to keep playing? Don't say repeat the story because it was boring about after 60% of the way through the first time I couldn't do it again. There's next to no difference between Side Missions and Story Missions in this game. Just that with more Enemies in Story Missions is supposed to somehow make them better/harder..

A s0t
05-10-2013, 07:02 PM
welcome to the grind do pursuits and contracts. dont make a new character yet wait for the new race

Digital Cin
05-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Pursuits, contracts, arkfalls, co-ops for contracts, the odd shadow war or two and redo the main story again, until they bring out the new DLC and new storyline.

Buruko
05-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I finished the main story line at a mere EGO 600, since then I've been going back and doing Side Missions I started skipping around the southern Madera area onward. I'm also working the weekly episode missions and the pursuit lists.

Doing all that I'm still having fun, still entertained, and still looking forward to more. However I'm someone that gets what most would consider a short amount of game time maybe 4~6 hours a week. While most seem to be putting this amount in within a single day... they may be a bit more burned out.

But since this is non-sub you can shelve the game and wait for DLC, etc if you don't want to keep up with weekly content.

Chris EK9
05-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Sorry guys. This game just isn't entertaining enough to do more of that crap.

Arkfalls, Contracts & Pursuits are not enough to keep me in this game. Arkfalls are crap, mostly because of the people driving around them and then because you get 0 Weapon XP from them. Whats the point in doing them? Only for grinding out the 2500 or 5000 kills (whichever it is). No thanks because my weapons won't improve at all. So waste of time. Contracts are just rubbish. Kill these or do this Map. Done. I don't mind having to go kill stuff but doing that, knowing that for the next 365days it's just going to be more of the same with no real reward. No thanks. CoOp Maps were good at first but not after 2-3 times. If I was able to build a more Unique Character it would be easier to keep playing but knowing a brand new character could be almost as effective as the one I have now removes, for me, the best thing about RPGs. Building a great Character.

It's a shame because I liked this game a lot at first.

DragonSpirit
05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
I do believe the main story is not done yet. just wait. as for the other stuff i see myself doing them over and over again for a chance at more rare weapons or mods.

Andross
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Take your journy on becoming a dragonborn

Jeff Kaos
05-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Besides the usual stuff like Arkfalls and contract yadda, yadda, yadda......I restarted the story missions. I thought they'd be a lot more boring the 2nd time around but it's actually better. The loot rewards are much better on the 2nd playthrough. My only gripe is that since only the main quest restarts you don't get as many mods as you did during the initial playthrough from all the side missions.

I also joined a large clan today and right away we did a co-op map together and plowed through it and I still got the pursuit too. It's true when people say Defiance is better with a group of friends. One thing I liked to do when I was soloing is just drive around and help out random players doing different missions, sort of "Lone Ranger" style. Just roll up and help out then ride off into the sunset. There seems to be a pretty big population on Xbox so you can almost always find someone somewhere doing a mission and most people appreciate the help.

A s0t
05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Take your journy on becoming a dragonborn2nd most useful post on the forums hugs

fus ro dah

CharmCitysKing
05-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Pursuits, contracts, arkfalls, co-ops for contracts, the odd shadow war or two and redo the main story again, until they bring out the new DLC and new storyline.

OTHER THAN THAT (whats the point) what else is there to do for a purpose?

A s0t
05-11-2013, 01:06 AM
OTHER THAN THAT (whats the point) what else is there to do for a purpose?he could sell the game like you and continue to troll the forums

CharmCitysKing
05-11-2013, 01:06 AM

Arkfalls, Contracts & Pursuits are not enough to keep me in this game. Arkfalls are crap, mostly because of the people driving around them and then because you get 0 Weapon XP from them. Whats the point in doing them? Only for grinding out the 2500 or 5000 kills (whichever it is). No thanks because my weapons won't improve at all. So waste of time. Contracts are just rubbish. Kill these or do this Map. Done. I don't mind having to go kill stuff but doing that, knowing that for the next 365days it's just going to be more of the same with no real reward. No thanks. CoOp Maps were good at first but not after 2-3 times. If I was able to build a more Unique Character it would be easier to keep playing but knowing a brand new character could be almost as effective as the one I have now removes, for me, the best thing about RPGs. Building a great Character.

Ditto....You said the same exact thing I said man....IT IS a shame I felt/feel the same exact way, but WATCH OUT! You are getting to the point where everyone will slam the TROLL hammer down on you like they did me...

Orge Lambart
05-11-2013, 01:50 AM

So in your original post you ask what you can do now that you finished the main missions. People answer you then you say you don't want to do that. Than obviously the best thing to do is not to play anymore, this clearly wasn't a game you were looking for and nothing is left for you to do. You beat the game so now put it away and play something else. Pop it back out in a month or two and play the new content then put it back down again afterward.

BloodiedSamurai
05-11-2013, 02:06 AM
after i finished the story and side missions i felt the same way .
i see theres a weekend loot so i'm coming back for the weekend , but there isnt anything worth coming back too .
the races are constantly glitched , everytime i start a race i either drive through the first few gates and they dont register even if i go through the exact centre , or i complete a race and then i get extra time added to my original completion .
the game is too short for a full game and not engaging enuff .the missions on the side and the mains are all the same making it tedious .
i'm waiting for the dlc and will see what they bring out .
i've gone back to older games i havent finished in the mean time .
i think this game could have been a lot better than it is .

Orge Lambart
05-11-2013, 02:08 AM
after i finished the story and side missions i felt the same way .
i see theres a weekend loot so i'm coming back for the weekend , but there isnt anything worth coming back too .
the races are constantly glitched , everytime i start a race i either drive through the first few gates and they dont register even if i go through the exact centre , or i complete a race and then i get extra time added to my original completion .
the game is too short for a full game and not engaging enuff .the missions on the side and the mains are all the same making it tedious .
i'm waiting for the dlc and will see what they bring out .
i've gone back to older games i havent finished in the mean time .
i think this game could have been a lot better than it is .

did you honestly just say this game was too short for a game? LOL what ego level are you and how many hours did you put into the game. You paid 60 dollars for this game. It has more content and playtime than 90% of the other games released on consoles in the last 6 years, it has more content/playtime than 60% of games released on the PC in the last 6 years.

MRE
05-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Get the DLC you want. Become a Castithan, get a power knife/sword and do the game as much as you possibly can with said weapon and melee. That should break the monotony and test your metal.

JD nutz
05-11-2013, 03:59 AM
i dont even read the threads that start, i loved the game but after 2 weeks of non stop play i,m bored, WELL WTF DO EXPECT, if you play the game like no life sados you will get bored.

Chris EK9
05-11-2013, 04:42 AM
So in your original post you ask what you can do now that you finished the main missions. People answer you then you say you don't want to do that. Than obviously the best thing to do is not to play anymore, this clearly wasn't a game you were looking for and nothing is left for you to do. You beat the game so now put it away and play something else. Pop it back out in a month or two and play the new content then put it back down again afterward.

I never asked, "What could I do now?". I know exactly what I can do. It was more asking what everyone else was doing. You're right though, I wasn't looking for a game this tedious. Were you?

i dont even read the threads that start, i loved the game but after 2 weeks of non stop play i,m bored, WELL WTF DO EXPECT, if you play the game like no life sados you will get bored.

If you don't read them then why the f**k are you here? The games been out a month now so I don't know where you get the 2weeks solid playing , no life sado comment from. I physically can't play the game for hours it's gotten that repetitive.

KOLZ
05-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Oh good..A review on the game that everyone is playing and knows how it is. ;)

JustinM19
05-11-2013, 09:17 AM
I feel the same I am going to play other games until DLC.