PDA

View Full Version : Car Noobs at arkfalls and... the Diaper Truck

Firetalion
05-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Okay. Car Noobs at arkfalls has been discussed on this site extensively. One thing I've noticed that makes them get out of their cars and play the game, is when there are Hellbug Blast-Pods spawning everywhere. I propose the blast-pods increase tenfold at arkfalls. This will make things more difficult, but chasing arkfalls when school is out is just a waste of everyones time. I have soloed over two arkfalls while at the same time Car Noobs were spinning around another mini arkfall crystal killing all the skitterlings with twenty people at it. Other options include removing car kills from arkfall totals. This would stop all but the total trolls from continuing to do it, and car kills don't fulfill contracts, so why would they fulfill arkfall kill totals? Another option would be to take everyone who does the Car Noob thing at a crystal and put them all on a separate server, like a leper colony. Chrisis averted.

And second, I realize the big box truck that has Cass riding as the co-pilot is a quest tool, and cannot 'blow up' because of this. But come on! Car Noobs have figured this out, and are now driving across the country side smashing into everything to complete quests. I just saw one kill a monarch I was trying to kill by repeatedly bashing the Diaper Truck into it, over and over. Can we make it blow up? Or reduce the amount of damage it deals? Or something? This type of gameplay is just dumb, and I don't think it was intended by the devs. It is seriously reducing the fun you can have with this game, when one person earns their arkfall kills, and another just puts a rubber band around their controller and manages to kill-steal everyone playing in a respectful way.

Schwa
05-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Every time I see a thread like this I get in my truck and take over a skitterling arkfall.

Turantula
05-10-2013, 07:33 PM
"Earning kills in a respectful way" I have to lol at that statement, killing is killing no matter how you do it. I am in no way defending roller trolls but at the same time when the dust settles and the pursuits are done it doesnt say the manner you got the kills in. Some players want to zoom through everything just to claim " first ". Kill how YOU kill and enjoy how YOU play stop worrying about everyone else. I mean people are gonna troll no matter what it took me up until today to find a group competent enough to beat the damn motherload in under 5 minutes because of people not listening and not cooperating, but I have yet to fail an arkfall because of roller spammers. Ijs you can cintinue to post roller at arkfall threads but that is no where near the top of Trions priority list; nor should it be, im thinkin there are way to many other dire issues they are having to deal with ATM.

A s0t
05-10-2013, 07:35 PM
and you chose to make another thread instead of bumping another carfall thread how nice of you
Quickly to an ark fall in a challenger

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
From now on my response to these threads:

Shhhhhhhhhh

Sargonnax
05-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I wasn't going to read this and then I saw Diaper Truck and couldn't resist...

Schwa
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I wasn't going to read this and then I saw Diaper Truck and couldn't resist...http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/jLoM7W3NJSc/maxresdefault.jpg

Im Lost
05-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Lol @Schwa that made my day.

JustWaitin
05-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Every time I see a thread like this I get in my truck and take over a skitterling arkfall.

^^ this....

SYN BLACK XS
05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
"Earning kills in a respectful way" I have to lol at that statement, killing is killing no matter how you do it. I am in no way defending roller trolls but at the same time when the dust settles and the pursuits are done it doesnt say the manner you got the kills in. Some players want to zoom through everything just to claim " first ". Kill how YOU kill and enjoy how YOU play stop worrying about everyone else. I mean people are gonna troll no matter what it took me up until today to find a group competent enough to beat the damn motherload in under 5 minutes because of people not listening and not cooperating, but I have yet to fail an arkfall because of roller spammers. Ijs you can cintinue to post roller at arkfall threads but that is no where near the top of Trions priority list; nor should it be, im thinkin there are way to many other dire issues they are having to deal with ATM.

That would be true if their gameplay didnt effect others... which it is. Hence the rant

Theyre annoying.

Shadow Viper
05-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Okay. Car Noobs at arkfalls has been discussed on this site extensively. One thing I've noticed that makes them get out of their cars and play the game, is when there are Hellbug Blast-Pods spawning everywhere. I propose the blast-pods increase tenfold at arkfalls. This will make things more difficult, but chasing arkfalls when school is out is just a waste of everyones time. I have soloed over two arkfalls while at the same time Car Noobs were spinning around another mini arkfall crystal killing all the skitterlings with twenty people at it. Other options include removing car kills from arkfall totals. This would stop all but the total trolls from continuing to do it, and car kills don't fulfill contracts, so why would they fulfill arkfall kill totals? Another option would be to take everyone who does the Car Noob thing at a crystal and put them all on a separate server, like a leper colony. Chrisis averted.

And second, I realize the big box truck that has Cass riding as the co-pilot is a quest tool, and cannot 'blow up' because of this. But come on! Car Noobs have figured this out, and are now driving across the country side smashing into everything to complete quests. I just saw one kill a monarch I was trying to kill by repeatedly bashing the Diaper Truck into it, over and over. Can we make it blow up? Or reduce the amount of damage it deals? Or something? This type of gameplay is just dumb, and I don't think it was intended by the devs. It is seriously reducing the fun you can have with this game, when one person earns their arkfall kills, and another just puts a rubber band around their controller and manages to kill-steal everyone playing in a respectful way.

This is such a non-issue that I'm honestly not sure why someone would create a thread about it.

Stop crying

Trion needs to focus on more important things. Like fixing all the major bugs and glitches that are currently plaguing the game and making it unplayable and unenjoyable for many people.

/thread

Zabuza
05-11-2013, 12:00 AM
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/jLoM7W3NJSc/maxresdefault.jpg

Was goina ask WhereTF you got that pic, or if you made it b/c I have never seen anything so ridiculous. Then I had the great idea to google it. Mind Blown. Brix Shat.

Woody92
05-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Here's how the problem is fixed:
Blast pods should do x9000 damage to vehicles, instantly exploding them. The character in the vehicle dies, and is respawned somewhere in SWTOR. They must play their character in that game for a month before being let back into Defiance...

Sids
05-11-2013, 02:03 AM

Hmm. We don't usually agree.

MrClip26
05-11-2013, 02:12 AM
why is someone who drives in an arkfall a troll??....i dont think they are...i drive in ark falls all day..THEY GO MUCH MUCH FASTER..put your big boy pants on and suck it up

Yunlaw
05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Hey you wanna kill stuff by running over it fine.

The issue is when you at an Ark fall where you need the skitterlings to LIVE. You need them to bite the crystal so it doesn't take all day and night to blow it up. Shooting a skitterling bite spot increases the damage, what? 20-30 fold? That is the issue.

There is so much poor group play in this game that you can't seem to avoid. Chat sucks. You can't realistically type and explain **** in group chat. I need to just find a clan that uses an outside voice chat and be done with the random group ********.

Schwa
05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
I also enjoy shouting at people to stop killing the skitterlings in the kill-hellbugs (not kill-crystal) arkfalls.

Mike Chone
05-11-2013, 02:15 AM
This would stop all but the total trolls from continuing to do it

I loled. I think my may be underestimating the collective amount of trolls in the game.

BrassRazoo
05-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Some people just enjoy annoying others.
Now that the "Please ban cars in Arkfalls" has been repeatedly posted here, I can only assume the amount of people using vehicles in Arkfalls will increase.

whoiscraig
05-11-2013, 02:19 AM
I get that there are valid arguements for and against vehicles in arkfalls, but using Cass's Truck during arkfalls is well and truly an exploit that needs to fix. As the OP stated it does not blow up. Also it never respawns, so if someone drives it to an arkfall then gets out, it will stay there forever. Cass's Truck really needs to be fixed so it cannot be spawned outside of the quest area.

Sids
05-11-2013, 02:21 AM
I also enjoy shouting at people to stop killing the skitterlings in the kill-hellbugs (not kill-crystal) arkfalls.

EGO: "The skitterlings bites are putting holes in that crystal!"
ME: NOOOOOOO!!! KILL ALL THE SKITTERLINGS!!!!

Ctrain
05-11-2013, 02:21 AM
I think that instead of messing with vehicles they need to have the crystal reflect back 900% damage from smgs lmgs assault rifles snipes bmgs and infectors. See how these players like others trying to force them into a playstyle for a change. Fair is fair afterall. Trion really needs to do something about ppl trolling crystals with a saw or groundpounder. Really hurts the gameplay for others who are trying to reach arkfalls before they complete only to have it end prematurely from some noob using a broken gun.

I get that there are valid arguements for and against vehicles in arkfalls, but using Cass's Truck during arkfalls is well and truly an exploit that needs to fix. As the OP stated it does not blow up. Also it never respawns, so if someone drives it to an arkfall then gets out, it will stay there forever. Cass's Truck really needs to be fixed so it cannot be spawned outside of the quest area.

It does blow up quite easily but only from certain attacks. Allso the driver can be fully hit out of it. Its main use is it has great ram damage while not having the annoyance of having to respawn a new vehicle. Except on monarchs or bosses thats kill you out of a vehicle on a ram though it doesn't change much from a nomad.

It may be an exploit but no more so then groundpounders ignoring hb armor or the saws obnoxiously high dps. Both guns are clearly brooken and yet there isn't a huge outcry to stop thoose exploits because the players complaining about vehicles often use them.

BrassRazoo
05-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Good try Ctrain.

Nikota
05-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Gah... who uses Cass's truck? I use Torc's... it's waaaay better.

Mikeloeven
05-11-2013, 02:31 AM
personally i hate absolutely loathe the whole Invisawall thing however this would be one of the few times i would EVER recomend using them.

if the developers added a invisawall around active ark falls that allow a player to move in and out but will act like a solid object for cars this basically fixes the whole issue without changing ark fall difficulty or adding other pointless mechanics just to combat car noobs.

the only problem i see would be trion's idiocy because they would have to remember to remove the wall when the arkfall disapears or you ll have random vehicle stops around the landscape

Ctrain
05-11-2013, 02:35 AM
personally i hate absolutely loathe the whole Invisawall thing however this would be one of the few times i would EVER recomend using them.

if the developers added a invisawall around active ark falls that allow a player to move in and out but will act like a solid object for cars this basically fixes the whole issue without changing ark fall difficulty or adding other pointless mechanics just to combat car noobs.

the only problem i see would be trion's idiocy because they would have to remember to remove the wall when the arkfall disapears or you ll have random vehicle stops around the landscape

I propose a giant metal detector so any gun noobs trying to bring a gun in will be instantly ejected from the arkfall event and sent to another continent! Oh wait we only have 1...

Wait I got it we just transform the truck into an ICECREAM truck and all these babies will stop whining! At least till they find out the guy driving it is an insanse serial killer clown :)

Wtflag
05-11-2013, 04:11 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?61867-suggestion-Solving-vehicles-in-Arkfalls

I have just hit upon a perfectly fair and reasonable way to "fix" this issue with players who like to use vehicles at Arkfalls to chalk up kills and those annoyed by these antics. No, it does not involve nerfing or despawning vehicles or placing barriers. That would place a limit on those people (who will be referred as Truck Owners Of Legend or TOOL for short) who actually enjoy crushing bugs under their 16 wheel feet.

The idea is elegantly simple. Create a hidden value (per character) which tracks total vehicular kills in an Arkfall. People with more vehicular kills in Arkfalls are automatically more likely to be placed in the same zone/instance/phase as other people with high vehicular kills in Arkfalls.

The key point is that it is totally transparent to people and there is no hard segregation, just that the queue would more likely put like-minded TOOLs in the same phase. If they have non-TOOL friends, there is absolutely no restriction if they party up and go to their friend's phase.

This queuing system would enhance the social aspect of the game as our proud TOOL friends with their huge tool will be able to meet each other more easily and have a common topic to share between mugs of frothy golden beverage; their love for crushing bugs under their manly trucks.

Wouldn't it be glorious to see all the TOOLs in the same Arkfall which is filled with 10+ truck owners just owning everything in sight? Non-TOOL players can have their boring truck-less Arkfalls (although you may still find a few wannabe TOOLs who have not yet reach the required quota to join the elite TOOL server). I'm sure both TOOLs and non-TOOLs would agree. So let's do it. :D

Warcurse
05-11-2013, 04:37 AM
If you drive a titan around an arkfall smashing everything is sight, laying on the horn in merciless self indulgence , it may make you laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of it all. I recommend every player try it once, as empirical research, to better understand the complexity of this debate...;)

Schwa
05-11-2013, 04:38 AM
If you drive a titan around an arkfall smashing everything is sight, laying on the horn in merciless self indulgence , it may make you laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of it all. I recommend every player try it once, as empirical research, to better understand the complexity of this debate...;)

I haven't tried this, though I have noticed the Titan has a fantastic horn. I might need to experiment with this later, to ascertain the horn's effect on the peasants near the crystal.

Ctrain
05-11-2013, 04:44 AM
I haven't tried this, though I have noticed the Titan has a fantastic horn. I might need to experiment with this later, to ascertain the horn's effect on the peasants near the crystal.

I only blare the horn if after coming in and avoiding as many skitters as possible somebody whines anyway. Then I circle the crystal as close as possible blaring away. I'll make the effort to not annoy anyone but when someone trolls me by whining then I pay them back for it. Surprisingly it's tappered off as players now realize they can focus fire the crystal and I will take care of EVERTHING else but the blast pods while still leaving plenty of weak spots.

Jeff Kaos
05-11-2013, 04:49 AM
"Oh no people are doing things the game allows that I don't like, please ban it"! Seriously, you people need to get this particular hair out of your a**es because it's not a big deal. No Arkfall has been lost because of this non-issue. I never drove my car around an Arkfall and I never, ever troll but you people are really making me want to.

Unhappy Gamer
05-11-2013, 05:07 AM

Reading this makes me smile!!! I hope they keep rolling around the arkfalls!!! The rage people get from it makes me laugh!!!

BrassRazoo
05-11-2013, 05:13 AM
"Oh no people are doing things the game allows that I don't like, please ban it"!

I think in certain instances of this case it is more like people are doing what the developers did not intend.
That is, using a quest only Truck as a weapon in Arkfalls, and not completing the mission so they can repeatedly use the Truck.

big1whittle1
05-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Blast pods should do x9000 damage to vehicles, instantly exploding them. The character in the vehicle dies, and is respawned somewhere in SWTOR. They must play their character in that game for a month before being let back into Defiance...

Damm thats harsh i love it lol

Agonist
05-11-2013, 05:28 AM
I used my challenger. Saw other people using the quest truck but really any of the rolllers would have worked ... just make sure you hop out and summon again before it explodes.
I personally would have never used my car but ark kills kept resetting and one of the easiest if not the easiest of getting ark kill would be with a roller. Perhaps when the ground game is working properly you'll see less of this. Seems ridiculous to add measures against something people are doing because they're tired of gltiches and just want it complete.

Li Kenko
05-11-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm starting to like the cars at arkfalls. They are now my poor excuse to shoot every skitterling in sight.

BLITZKRI3G
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
i dont get why people get soooo mad at this idc if they do or dont use a car

SYN BLACK XS
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I only blare the horn if after coming in and avoiding as many skitters as possible somebody whines anyway. Then I circle the crystal as close as possible blaring away. I'll make the effort to not annoy anyone but when someone trolls me by whining then I pay them back for it..

Is this schmuck serious...?

Shogo_Yahagi
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
And second, I realize the big box truck that has Cass riding as the co-pilot is a quest tool, and cannot 'blow up' because of this.

There's no reason to treat it any differently than any other vehicle. You automatically respawn the truck instead of your normal vehicle as long as you haven't completed the quest.

Personally, I'd like to see any vehicle in the mini-circle for more time than it takes to cross the circle get hit by falling ark debris for a one-hit KO.

Finish the Fight
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
This is such a non-issue that I'm honestly not sure why someone would create a thread about it.

Stop crying

Trion needs to focus on more important things. Like fixing all the major bugs and glitches that are currently plaguing the game and making it unplayable and unenjoyable for many people.

/thread

I know right.. itís such a non-issue that the issue keeps coming upÖ gaw!

/sarcasm

Hope499
05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I will ALWAYS support these threads.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!

Had one time out last night on me from these idiots. Left the crystal, went and did 2 alone, and came back to it still at a quarter health...it times out, nothing for anyone (well, I had ONE other person at one of the crystals, but still)

People suck at this game, or ANY game that involves teamwork/thinking. Only do Arkfalls that involve wave of hellbugz or scrappers, or these tools will ruin it.

Mylo
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Controversy (http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2017#comic)

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20101001.gif

kjacks05
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Haha this made my day, also exactly what I do. Can't even help myself, it is too much fun.

Zorlond
05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
This sort of topic has become perfect troll bait on the forums. Slap it up, and all the trolls come running. Seriously, nearly all the posts in this thread are from trolls.

Biznatchio
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Haha this made my day, also exactly what I do. Can't even help myself, it is too much fun.

Totally agree +1

It is way too much fun.

Nothing wrong with titans at arkfalls..in fact I world love to have a Titan when fighting NIM- just get postal on his *** with the Titan's bull bar. They should the cars alone.

ISLAND3R
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Good try Ctrain.

I agree 100%. He's a total dumbass.
Now for Schwa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am lost for words how this guy even knows whats going on in the game of defiance to even post a reply about it. I mean really? 1658 posts since march??????????? Do you even play the game? Better yet, do you even have the game? Dang dude. Trying playing the game to see how annoying it is.

And to the OP. Man I feel your pain. There is absoulutly no reason at all to be driving around in circles at arkfalls. If you need to run **** over the drive down the road at your own expense and do it. I put these guys right up there with the exploiters, glitchers, and cheaters. And they ruin gaming for EVERYONE.
And I guarantee I'm going to have dozens of simple minded people hating this post but I really don't give two cents. They don't care about ruining our gaming experience so I don't care about calling them dumbasses. I don't think their mommies loved them enough.

ISLAND3R
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I will ALWAYS support these threads.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!

Had one time out last night on me from these idiots. Left the crystal, went and did 2 alone, and came back to it still at a quarter health...it times out, nothing for anyone (well, I had ONE other person at one of the crystals, but still)

People suck at this game, or ANY game that involves teamwork/thinking. Only do Arkfalls that involve wave of hellbugz or scrappers, or these tools will ruin it.

Does anyone else think this guy looks really confused???

Shyloren
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM

The issue is when you at an Ark fall where you need the skitterlings to LIVE. You need them to bite the crystal so it doesn't take all day and night to blow it up. Shooting a skitterling bite spot increases the damage, what? 20-30 fold? That is the issue.

There is so much poor group play in this game that you can't seem to avoid. Chat sucks. You can't realistically type and explain **** in group chat. I need to just find a clan that uses an outside voice chat and be done with the random group ********.

^This is spot on.

Biznatchio
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
^This is spot on.

Next you will want to ban people who use grenade launchers and rocket launchers.

Indra Echo
05-15-2013, 05:10 AM
"Oh no people are doing things the game allows that I don't like, please ban it"! Seriously, you people need to get this particular hair out of your a**es because it's not a big deal. No Arkfall has been lost because of this non-issue. I never drove my car around an Arkfall and I never, ever troll but you people are really making me want to.

The thing is that some arkfalls are just tons of vehicles driving in circles, running over skitterlings just so the people using them can get lots of salvage and all very quickly. And it prolongs the arkfall because the skitterlings are needed.

One joker kept running into the hellbug matron with that big diaper truck but he couldn't kill it. He'd push it around as people were running after it trying to shoot it and then it would snap back to where it was supposed to be on the map.

And there are a lot of people that would like to see rewards be tied to contribution in say an arkfall (not me because I think the game is broken and never correctly assesses contribution-I've been assessed anywhere from zero kills, zero damage, and 39 revives to 200+ kills, over a million in damage, and zero revives, where every stat was wrong).

The problem is there's no way to allow vehicles and not have many arkfalls end up being just a mess. And it seems to happen more in hellbug arkfalls, probably because the scrapper and 99 ones have obstacles within them. And they're more prevalent during the destroy the crystal stages of the arkfall.

Games are often released with things that are then seen to be mistakes in some way-because devs never fully know just what players will try to exploit or use exclusively. I've seen it in a lot of games that players search for the crappiest way to play in order to maximize their own gain in the game. If the devs take a look at it and say that it is messing up the experience for a lot of other players they may try to adjust things. Is it allowed by the game? Yes. The question is "should it be?" And it's always ok to look back and question that.

Indra Echo
05-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Next you will want to ban people who use grenade launchers and rocket launchers.

The thing is using those does result in skitterling deaths, sure and some use them specifically for that reason (I did early on in the game when I thought you were just supposed to kill everything). But, everything we use does kill some skitterlings. It's much harder to avoid doing so if all you're doing is driving around a crystal in circles, and the primary purpose is obviously to kill as many as possible to get scrip and salvage that drops.

I use a variety of weapons-sometimes that means launchers. But I can aim them to mainly hit the crystal or the big bugs. Most of the people in cars aren't aiming at all.

Combo Breaker
05-15-2013, 05:21 AM

I think this train's whistle goes " Pooooo Pooooo".

z_buzz
05-15-2013, 05:27 AM

Outstanding. Best post in this entire thread.

Valanga
05-15-2013, 06:06 AM
making it unplayable and unenjoyable for many people.

/thread

Yo dawg, i've heard you like whining, so i've put some whine on your whine.

/whineception

Chilmeister
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
I think the amount of this type of post now and the amount of gamers who agree that the vehicles should be stopped from entering the Arkfall areas now outweighs the amount of selfish prats that come on here just to shout insults or call folks crybabies because we want their selfish up their own ***** non teamwork fun stopped.

I have not seen one sensible argument for having vehicles at Arkfall yet just the same old selfish forum posters ranting their insults at the genuine complaints and the best childish one yet was to take away certain weapons from Arkfalls.

So i think its probably safe to say that as there are no legit reasons other than self gain for vehicles at Arkfalls that hopefully Trion will soon resolve this problem.

And if they do i will be the first to point and laugh at the ones who just came on here to call folks crybabies for having a genuine issue, as they only shot themselves in the foot.

divot2001
05-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Just reduce the maximum speed for vehicles inside an Arkfall zone by 75% so they can't actually drive fast enough to kill them.

SYN BLACK XS
05-15-2013, 07:15 AM
I think the amount of this type of post now and the amount of gamers who agree that the vehicles should be stopped from entering the Arkfall areas now outweighs the amount of selfish prats that come on here just to shout insults or call folks crybabies because we want their selfish up their own ***** non teamwork fun stopped.

I have not seen one sensible argument for having vehicles at Arkfall yet just the same old selfish forum posters ranting their insults at the genuine complaints and the best childish one yet was to take away certain weapons from Arkfalls.

So i think its probably safe to say that as there are no legit reasons other than self gain for vehicles at Arkfalls that hopefully Trion will soon resolve this problem.

And if they do i will be the first to point and laugh at the ones who just came on here to call folks crybabies for having a genuine issue, as they only shot themselves in the foot.

100% agree'd. There is no reason whatsoever that this should be allowed to continue.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Does anyone else think this guy looks really confused???

Does anyone else think your a dumb tool?

Or just everyone you know in real life? Jelly man, dont hate

Dooks
05-15-2013, 07:51 AM
I kill as many skitterling's as possible, they drop ammo, as long as the car kills still drop loot I don't care too much. I will note that it is a pain sometimes when you are shooting and your LoS keeps getting blocked by vehicles (not meaning I can't hit them, but I personally cannot see them).

Chilmeister
05-15-2013, 08:06 AM
It is quite alright to kill them after they have bitten the crystal even more so to slow down the amount of warriors they spawn into, the issue is the killing them before they get near the crystal and as we all know that if your in a car you cant kill them at that point.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Funny thing I got to an Ark fall and my EGO told me to get back on my vehicle. So Trion encourages it.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Funny thing I got to an Ark fall and my EGO told me to get back on my vehicle. So Trion encourages it.

Never heard that in my life after about 200 Arkfalls.

What was the message?

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Thats halarious.

Celke
05-15-2013, 08:11 AM
While a lot of skitter-lings are killed by cars It does not matter too much really.

Always been able to successively complete all arckfalls in time.

Also I try to kill those blast pods as fast as possible to "protect" the car riders :), they protect me by riding trough the hell bug warriors that chase me a lot :(

Cyripax NeoPrime
I.call BS.

DeMoted
Never heard that in my life after about 200 Arkfalls.

What was the message?
EGO said "Hey what are you doing! Get back in your vehicle!" Pretty much exact words.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
I.call BS.

Lol that is nice but I am not calling you. I am telling you exactly what happened.

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 08:14 AM
This comment wins.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Actually now that I think of it, it is the exact same **** she says when you are racing and your car blows up b.c they put a monarch in front of the ring.

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 08:15 AM
While a lot of skitter-lings are killed by cars It does not matter too much really.

Always been able to successively complete all arckfalls in time.

Without car morons and idiots killing the skitterlings, we can rock a crystal arkfall in less than half the time. Also, seems like the loot is way better when I'm with skilled hunters who finish them quickly...

Don't you ever notice that the crystals with cars around them are always last to blow up?

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Here's a legit reason for you, kills for the pursuit. As pursuits are the driving force in this game, finding and using the fastest way to one seems pretty legit to me. When I have done this, I minimum get 200 kills at an Arkfall, my max is around 600. I have only done this a few times, but each time it has been effective.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Without car morons and idiots killing the skitterlings, we can rock a crystal arkfall in less than half the time. Also, seems like the loot is way better when I'm with skilled hunters who finish them quickly...

Don't you ever notice that the crystals with cars around them are always last to blow up?

I don't notice much during Arkfalls b.c I am not watching them. I keep my headphones on and listen but I watch TV mostly b.v they are so boring and repetitive. Funny when you can do this AND get 1st in damage. It was still funny though when my EGO told me to get back in my vehicle. Like when I am in PvP we are crushing the other team 40-20 and it tells me we are losing.

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
When I have done this, I minimum get 200 kills at an Arkfall, my max is around 600. I have only done this a few times, but each time it has been effective.

Effective at the cost of everyone else's enjoyment, you selfish piece of ****! I guess some people simply cannot understand the concept of sharing the fun and playing with a group.

Entitled, selfish children... more annoying than glitches and bugs.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Effective at the cost of everyone else's enjoyment, you selfish piece of ****! I guess some people simply cannot understand the concept of sharing the fun and playing with a group.

Lol calm down child it is only a game.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 08:26 AM
The thing is using those does result in skitterling deaths, sure and some use them specifically for that reason (I did early on in the game when I thought you were just supposed to kill everything). But, everything we use does kill some skitterlings. It's much harder to avoid doing so if all you're doing is driving around a crystal in circles, and the primary purpose is obviously to kill as many as possible to get scrip and salvage that drops.

I use a variety of weapons-sometimes that means launchers. But I can aim them to mainly hit the crystal or the big bugs. Most of the people in cars aren't aiming at all.
First:
I cant believe this is still an issue and trion hasnt done anything yet, they said theyre aware of this bieng an issue tht many agree on, and that theyve heard us. they said it on across the badlands. So hopefullt theyll put out a fix that disables cars if theyve been in the red circle after 5 minutes. Thats the only way not to effect ppl who are just driving through on timetrials or whatever. A delayed disablement.

Second:
thats another issue, Ppl need to realize that when your noobing things over in your roller, there are NO drops!
ThTs right ppl, nothing is dropped when you run bad guys over. No scrip,salvage or ammo. So now theyre stealing ammo from ppl and making em all run from the battle to find the ammo crate a mile down the road. The only thing rollers are good for is making any arkfall last 20x longer.
Im all for running things over in your ride, but dont do it at arkfalls, unless you want to make the top of EVERYONES **** list thats there at said arkfall. How hard is that compromise? Honestly. Do it anywhere else. Ppl have a right to be mad about this. Your dragging these arkfalls out and nonetheless keeping ammo from dropping that we need if your going to make it last half an hour longer.

P.s. STOP honking the horn when you steal my kills and kill my drops like your actually doing me a favor. Your not. I wasnt in danger when you rolled over that hellbug, unlike you I can survive without the safety of my roller.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:27 AM

lol you nubs don't get it I guess. People that actually pay for their things are allowed to enjoy their game the way they want. Maybe you you play the way you are told to but long as it's not glitching/hacking then ANYTHING is allowed so I will do this every single time my self because one I can and you can't do **** about it and two it pisses you off so the enjoyment in that is better than having to play the way you approve of. ;)

ScarFace1483
05-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I am just curious how the people that drive around killing the skitterlings on destroy the crystal arks would feel if we all just drove around also,and just failed those type arkfalls from now on.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
I am just curious how the people that drive around killing the skitterlings on destroy the crystal arks would feel if we all just drove around also,and just failed those type arkfalls from now on.

If's don't matter any where in life or online. Just the facts and results. :P

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM

But you won't... So they don't have to worry.

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Another troll who admits he "does it because no one can do anything about it". Typical... you'd **** your pants saying that to me IRL. ;)

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't notice much during Arkfalls b.c I am not watching them. I keep my headphones on and listen but I watch TV mostly b.v they are so boring and repetitive. Funny when you can do this AND get 1st in damage. It was still funny though when my EGO told me to get back in my vehicle. Like when I am in PvP we are crushing the other team 40-20 and it tells me we are losing.
I still call BS. Id like to hear that sound file or see a video where ego says that. Unless you were in a pursuit where you HAD to be in your car to complete it. Ego doesnt say that when your just running around doing arkfalls. Ive done hundreds, and never heard that.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Another troll who admits he "does it because no one can do anything about it". Typical... you'd **** your pants saying that to me IRL. ;)

OHhhhh mr tough guy on the forums. That's original. ;) Gonna guess you take your wideo games a bit serious huh?> ;) *watches the news for your activities. ;)

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Effective at the cost of everyone else's enjoyment, you selfish piece of ****!
Selfish? Certainly. Everything I do in this game is out of selfish desire. Everything you do in this game is also out of selfish desire. You participate in teamwork at an Arkfall because you want to finish it quicker for a reward so you can go do other things in the game. This is called selfishness. Even if you really enjoy the teamwork in the game, you want to because selfishly it is fun for you. While I'm driving around at Arkfalls, selfish as it is, it is fun. Guess what? You don't have any more right to ruin my fun than I do to ruin yours.

FYI, I have never seen an Arkfall fail while driving at one. The only ones I have seen fail is ones that the crystal does not spawn at. As a test, go to an Arkfall and shoot only the crystal, without going for weakspots. Turns out you'll finish likely in the top 5 if you are using the right weapon/perk setup pretty easily, and it takes almost no effort. This tells me that if half the people do this, half the people drive around killing everything, you'd probably finish an Arkfall really quickly.

Way too long of a response, probably won't get read. Remember, this is just a game.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 08:38 AM
lol you nubs don't get it I guess. People that actually pay for their things are allowed to enjoy their game the way they want. Maybe you you play the way you are told to but long as it's not glitching/hacking then ANYTHING is allowed so I will do this every single time my self because one I can and you can't do **** about it and two it pisses you off so the enjoyment in that is better than having to play the way you approve of. ;)
Thats kool too, I get it. Ppl can play how they want. You paid like me. Only difference is your pissing everyone off and could care less. Thats totally fine. I can survive at any arkfall out of my ride no matter how long you make it last. But have your fun while you can.

Trion and sledge already said theyve seen the abundance of complaints about cars at arkfalls and that theyve heard us and will be doing something about it. I wouldnt be suprised if its going to be in the next big patch coming up.. If not soon after.

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
OHhhhh mr tough guy on the forums.

No, that's you... the internet troll jerk off who makes everyone else wish the Internet had an entrance exam and age requirement.

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Thats kool too, I get it....
This is the right attitude. Like you said, devs addressed this, and it will probably be handled at some point. We can eventually go back to normal Arkfalls.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Thats kool too, I get it. Ppl can play how they want. You paid like me. Only difference is your pissing everyone off and could care less. Thats totally fine. I can survive at any arkfall out of my ride no matter how long you make it last. But have your fun while you can.

Trion and sledge already said theyve seen the abundance of complaints about cars at arkfalls and that theyve heard us and will be doing something about it. I wouldnt be suprised if its going to be in the next big patch coming up.. If not soon after.

lol exactly. I could care a less how upset people get since I paid for every bit of my enjoyment. If they do something to prevent this then big ****. People will ALWAYS have something to moan and cry about so that just means that will mean there will always be different varieties of enjoyment. Might as well get your money's worth when you actually pay for stuff right? :) Maybe these people like to be told how to play by some random nub that doesn't approve of their game style but long as it's not a game breaking/glitching/hacking way of playing then everything is fair game.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 08:46 AM
First:
I cant believe this is still an issue and trion hasnt done anything yet, they said theyre aware of this bieng an issue tht many agree on, and that theyve heard us. they said it on across the badlands. So hopefullt theyll put out a fix that disables cars if theyve been in the red circle after 5 minutes. Thats the only way not to effect ppl who are just driving through on timetrials or whatever. A delayed disablement.

Second:
thats another issue, Ppl need to realize that when your noobing things over in your roller, there are NO drops!
ThTs right ppl, nothing is dropped when you run bad guys over. No scrip,salvage or ammo. So now theyre stealing ammo from ppl and making em all run from the battle to find the ammo crate a mile down the road. The only thing rollers are good for is making any arkfall last 20x longer.
Im all for running things over in your ride, but dont do it at arkfalls, unless you want to make the top of EVERYONES **** list thats there at said arkfall. How hard is that compromise? Honestly. Do it anywhere else. Ppl have a right to be mad about this. Your dragging these arkfalls out and nonetheless keeping ammo from dropping that we need if your going to make it last half an hour longer.

P.s. STOP honking the horn when you steal my kills and kill my drops like your actually doing me a favor. Your not. I wasnt in danger when you rolled over that hellbug, unlike you I can survive without the safety of my roller.

WOW, that is SPOT on man, good job.

THe ONLY arguement you noobs have is that it IS your game, and you CAN play it however you want to, no one can stop you. You paid for the game, you play it how you want.

If you want to by a moron with no skill, thats your choice.

I will be soo happy if they fix it...cant wait to see these little *****es cryin about it.

"Noooo I have to actually aim and shoot now!!! Nooooooo ZOMG"

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 08:48 AM
lol exactly. I could care a less how upset people get since I paid for every bit of my enjoyment. If they do something to prevent this then big ****. People will ALWAYS have something to moan and cry about so that just means that will mean there will always be different varieties of enjoyment. Might as well get your money's worth when you actually pay for stuff right? :) Maybe these people like to be told how to play by some random nub that doesn't approve of their game style but long as it's not a game breaking/glitching/hacking way of playing then everything is fair game.
It really isnt game breaking, just an annoyance. Like a fly that keeps landing on your face.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:48 AM
I still call BS. Id like to hear that sound file or see a video where ego says that. Unless you were in a pursuit where you HAD to be in your car to complete it. Ego doesnt say that when your just running around doing arkfalls. Ive done hundreds, and never heard that.

OK go race and get off your vehicle. I don't care you are a nobody so whatever you think just gets flushed down the toilet. God forbid trion has a bug in game. I think just b.c of you I will start doing this cartard ****.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
It really isnt game breaking, just an annoyance. Like a fly that keeps landing on your face.

Then it's fair game. :) Doesn't matter if people approve of it or not then.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Really???? That is amazing to hear....I wonder what the idiots excuse will be when even the Devs say they dont support it and want it removed.....Im sure they will think of somthing....they may not have any skill, but excuses? thats in stock a plenty

Hope499
05-15-2013, 08:51 AM
OK go race and get off your vehicle. I don't care you are a nobody so whatever you think just gets flushed down the toilet. God forbid trion has a bug in game.

No need to get mad bra, so you were caught in a lie, what the big deal?

Dooks
05-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Doing something with the purpose of pissing people off just makes you an *****hole.

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 08:52 AM
THe ONLY arguement you noobs have is that it IS your game, and you CAN play it however you want to, no one can stop you. You paid for the game, you play it how you want.

This is actually a pretty good argument though; that really is the point. When you bought your iPad, what if I told you that you could only download apps that I told you were ok for you to download. Maybe an obtuse comparison, but it serves to point out consumer rights. When you bought your car, what if I told you that you could only drive on certain roads or at certain times?

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 08:52 AM
No need to get mad bra, so you were caught in a lie, what the big deal?

Wasn't a lie child. You're just mad and won't admit your game is broken.

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Really???? That is amazing to hear....I wonder what the idiots excuse will be when even the Devs say they dont support it and want it removed.....Im sure they will think of somthing....they may not have any skill, but excuses? thats in stock a plenty

Probably won't be as comical as the idiots that will moan and cry about next after that. ;)

DeMoted
Watching these people cry about this I think I shall start doing some cartarding as well. Time to just drink this glass of water.

Otto Oxley
Doesn't matter if people approve of it or not then.

Ahhh, the core of your problems. The mantra of trolls and ashholes worldwide. You must be a really annoying jerk in real life, huh?

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Ahhh, the core of your problems. The mantra of trolls and ashholes worldwide. You must be a really annoying jerk in real life, huh?

Aww umad brah. Sorrry. ;) I paid for my stuff though so too bad for your feelings then because I really could give a ****. ;) And "trolls" wtf? lol go back to WoW ****** this has nothing to do with warlocks,elves, or trolls.

3rdpig
05-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Lol calm down child it is only a game.

Tell that to Pete Rose

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
OK go race and get off your vehicle. I don't care you are a nobody so whatever you think just gets flushed down the toilet. God forbid trion has a bug in game. I think just b.c of you I will start doing this cartard ****.
Well a race would be an instance where you need a vehicle to complete,lol. Didnt I say that. Why yes I did. But no, you said you just went to an arkfall and started participating an ego told you to get back on your ride. Which is totally different.
You said and I quote" trion is encouraging cars at arkfalls" because you went to one and it told you to get back in your ride

You did not say that you happened upon an arkfall during a race, got off and thats when ego said this. Nice try to beat around the bush with subtlties, but your original statement is complete BS. Ya know, the one I was responding to. That had nothing to do with unmounting your ride during a time trial, lmfao.

Heres your original faulted , misleading statement....
But I conceed. Its all good

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Aww umad brah.

I thought we were trying to be original? Ugh, it seems you are just one more faceless dolt in a neverending cascade of idiotic, entitled children. Get off 4chan's nuts and try to come up with something for yourself.

And I'm not mad, that's where you people are always wrong. I'm just frustrated that I have to share the world with ungrateful, broken, sad sociopathic children like you.

And when you say "I paid for my stuff"... did YOU or did MOMMY?

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 09:11 AM
I thought we were trying to be original? Ugh, it seems you are just one more faceless dolt in a neverending cascade of idiotic, entitled children. Get off 4chan's nuts and try to come up with something for yourself.

And I'm not mad, that's where you people are always wrong. I'm just frustrated that I have to share the world with ungrateful, broken, sad sociopathic children like you.

And when you say "I paid for my stuff"... did YOU or did MOMMY?

You do realize idiot that being frustrated is the same thing as being mad right? And you're mad because you can't control how people play their own damn games and that is really too god damn bad for you because that makes it just more of an incentive to play that way because of people like you.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Well a race would be an instance where you need a vehicle to complete,lol. Didnt I say that. Why yes I did. But no, you said you just went to an arkfall and started participating an ego told you to get back on your ride. Which is totally different.
You said and I quote" trion is encouraging cars at arkfalls" because you went to one and it told you to get back in your ride

You did not say that you happened upon an arkfall during a race, got off and thats when ego said this. Nice try to beat around the bush with subtlties, but your original statement is complete BS. Ya know, the one I was responding to. That had nothing to do with unmounting your ride during a time trial, lmfao.

The thing she says during a race was what she said when I arrived at the arkfall. I was not in a race, you wanted to know the sound file. Damn you're stupid, no wonder why you complain so much. Oh and that encouraging part was a joke FFS another reason you prove your stupidity.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM

School is in session.

You just got learned

Eat it

Deal with it

Bam

Suck-it-to-em

Lamerian
05-15-2013, 09:24 AM

Some people do what they do, regardless of its effect on other players. I've seen chat telling people to quit killing the skitterlings, and did so myself for a time, but notice they ignore it because they don't care if destroying one crystal takes longer than 3-4 people destroying two of them. They play this way, then hurl accusations of being a whiner or crybaby at those who don't appreciate their "play style". Online game are much like the world around us - some people only care about themselves.

They should make players auto eject when entering the kill zone around crystals. This would solve the problem completely.

Lamerian
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
The thing she says during a race was what she said when I arrived at the arkfall. I was not in a race, you wanted to know the sound file. Damn you're stupid, no wonder why you complain so much.

Dear Opportunist,

The argument was about whether the glass of water had been poisoned. It turns out it had been.

Sincerely,

The Unpoisoned

ghost_ol3a
05-15-2013, 09:27 AM
i use to feel the same way as OP, untill last week when we failed an arkfall. now i jump in my black dodge and try to steal as many kills from as possible

DeMoted
Dear Opportunist,

The argument was about whether the glass of water had been poisoned. It turns out it had been.

Sincerely,

The Unpoisoned

Troll much?

Hope499
The thing she says during a race was what she said when I arrived at the arkfall. I was not in a race, you wanted to know the sound file. Damn you're stupid, no wonder why you complain so much.

Dude...he just dumped all over you and your ideals, deal with it.

He told you WHY, and HOW you wrong....your trying to get out of it and embarrassing yourself...

Otto Oxley
05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
You do realize idiot that being frustrated is the same thing as being mad right?

No, "mad" actually means insane... It seems like you morons will argue over the smallest detail.

If you mean angry, then I would say that's like triple frustrated... similar, but not the same. It's like campfire vs. conflagration if you can understand that.

In any event, I guess MOMMY buys your games afterall. hahaha.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM

He told you WHY, and HOW you wrong....your trying to get out of it and embarrassing yourself...

Lol you are just as stupid. Blame the game not the player, it was the game that did it and you are just scared to admit it. You are just a kid so I don't care much about you. Just know after this thread I have decided to Cartard. Funny how much you are bashing me but in reality you are bashing the game you love. hahaha

KOLZ
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
No, "mad" actually means insane... It seems like you morons will argue over the smallest detail.

If you mean angry, then I would say that's like triple frustrated... similar, but not the same. It's like campfire vs. conflagration if you can understand that.

In any event, I guess MOMMY buys your games afterall. hahaha.

LOL no you damn idiot. Insane doesn't not mean mad. Where the hell did you learn your English definitions from? O_o And now your resorting to using mommy jokes because you got nothing useful to say because you're mad. :\ Yep..creativity at it's best. ;)

Hope499
05-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Lol you are just as stupid. Blame the game not the player, it was the game that did it and you are just scared to admit it. You are just a kid so I don't care much about you. Just know after this thread I have decided to Cartard. Funny how much you are bashing me but in reality you are bashing the game you love. hahaha

U mad Bro?

LOL no you damn idiot. Insane doesn't not mean mad. Where the hell did you learn your English definitions from? O_o And now your resorting to using mommy jokes because you got nothing useful to say because you're mad. :\ Yep..creativity at it's best. ;)

I dont mind you, so no beef....BUT

Mad = Insane bra, your about to get torn up by your enemy....RUN NOW!!!

Chilmeister
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Here's a legit reason for you, kills for the pursuit. As pursuits are the driving force in this game, finding and using the fastest way to one seems pretty legit to me. When I have done this, I minimum get 200 kills at an Arkfall, my max is around 600. I have only done this a few times, but each time it has been effective.

I rest my case, if this selfish reason is the best argument you can come up with for staying in your vehicle at an arkfall. Like i said in my full post solo selfish pursuits, sod the rest of the players at the arkfall trying to complete it. As long as im alright Jack :rolleyes:

Cyripax NeoPrime
The thing she says during a race was what she said when I arrived at the arkfall. I was not in a race you wanted to know the sound file. Damn you're stupid no wonder why you complain so much.
First off I dont complain "so much", second I conceed, a glitch is possible. And doOd when I say things like I call bs, dont take it the wrong way. Its just me bieng sarcastic and ****in round. Thats my personallity. Grow up? Is all I can say
I apologize that ive offended you. I simply said id like to see a video of you goin to an arkfall(not bieng in a time trial) and hearing ego say that, to support your original claim. If you had said in your op that it was a bug, or you were in a time trial, well durpadur(again sarcasm) I probably wouldnt have said anything. I just thought that claim was odd since ive done hundreds and never heard her say that, and the only reason I called bs, which is a phrase I use quite often(how you choose to take it is all on you) is because you used it as a defense for cars at arkfalls.

Omgeesh brah. You have my deepest apologies, maybe next time dont take things soooooo literal as an attack against you. And speak more clearly. I agree with ya man, there could be a bug your havin. But it doesnt mean they support it. I think you let what I said/or rather asked you, offend you, and ran with some excuse to rationalize the original statement, and now your tryin to attack me. But its not neccessary, would ya feel better if I pull my posts so ya can stop thinkin about it? For real man. Why ppl all gotta be all defensive and argumentative when someone calls bs on them? Its not a big deal guy. You didnt really explain or put much detail in your original statement in defense of cars at arkfalls. But you cant seem to admit it. So wutevs, I fold just so you can feel vindicated.

But this following atatement is STILL bs without proper explanation. :p

Otto Oxley
Insane doesn't not mean mad. Where the hell did you learn your English definitions from?

Double facepalm... wow, just wow. Consult a dictionary if you can.

And I'm not making Mommy jokes, I'm simply pointing out that YOU didn't buy anything and you are just a entitled piece of ****... with a limited grasp of the English language.

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
U mad Bro?

I dont mind you, so no beef....BUT

Mad = Insane bra, your about to get torn up by your enemy....RUN NOW!!!

Exactly like a kid who was wrong and has nothing left to say. Thanks for proving my point. :)

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM

No not really, all my statements were to his original ztatement saying trion encourages cars at arkfalls, had he originally said it was a bug, I wouldnt have thought twice. But he said something totally different as if it was meant to exist, really not a big deal, this has been blown WAY out of context.

Matter of fact, I told him what was wrong with his oiginal statement, and why it was wrong, and how he could have actually made it clearer. And I could care less. Guys like you just instigate. Anyone with half brain can see what I was talking about. You cant be that dumb

Hope499
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Exactly like a kid who was wrong and has nothing left to say. Thanks for proving my point. :)

I already proved my point, and you got mad.

Hence:

U mad Bro? (I dont blame you, i would be too)

DeMoted
05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
I already proved my point, and you got mad.

Hence:

U mad Bro? (I dont blame you, i would be too)

I make kids like you cry everyday on these forums. This is what they usually resort to as the tears roll down their face.

kjacks05
05-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Consult a dictionary if you can.
I hate to even respond to this as this argument is really detrimental, but you are clearly twisting the definition of "mad". Here it is from Merriam-Webster:

1 : disordered in mind : insane
2 a : completely unrestrained by reason and judgment <driven mad by the pain>
b : incapable of being explained or accounted for <a mad decision>
3 : carried away by intense anger : furious <mad about the delay>

There are a number of other definitions as well. Isolating the one that helps your argument while removing the context and intent of the original usage is clearly twisting the words here, a common tactic but really this whole thing is just a distraction from the real topic here. Anyway, the original intent of mad in the post was clearly this definition:

3 : carried away by intense anger : furious <mad about the delay>

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I make kids like you cry everyday on these forums. This is what they usually resort to as the tears roll down their face.
This doOd you quoted just an instigater, I see him tryin to make ppl mad in lots of threads, sayin things like u mad bro? Itd be funny and entertaining if he was original but just let it go cos he wont stop.

Do what I do.......blocked!
And yea, I really didnt mean to start an ongoing argument guy, I really do apologize

Reverend Blood
05-15-2013, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l0c8Igy.png

CLUTCH 33
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
This is the best purse fight i've seen all day.

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
This is the best purse fight i've seen all day.

Glad its entertaining, but its been blown way past its expiration date now. Its more embarassing then anything at this point.

CLUTCH 33
05-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Glad its entertaining, but its been blown way past its expiration date now.

Agreed....

Nyx_Rainhart
05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I do not cry until someone threatens my little Skitterfluff! Nobody threatens little Skitterfluff!

Hope499
05-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Do what I do.......blocked!
And yea, I really didnt mean to start an ongoing argument guy, I really do apologize

Block = too scared to deal with it. I only start **** with people who start it with me...find me one post where I instigate anything...(I will admit, I may go overboard yes...but I dont start it)

Yes block me, its better than starting a arguemnt with someone, than apoligizing because they didnt like it? grow some ballz sheesh

Glad its entertaining, but its been blown way past its expiration date now. Its more embarassing then anything at this point.

Than stop acting like you wear a purse....

Combo Breaker
05-15-2013, 10:00 AM
What was a nice fun post is soon to be locked. Shame.

UrbanUK
05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I read this whole thread.. the last few pages made my eyes bleed.

Sephiroth Zeo
05-15-2013, 10:18 AM

You can join Dirty Dawgz if you like gt is Sephiroth Zeo send friend request we all chat through party or private chat on live the more the merrier

Sledgehammer70
05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Just to chime in,

In Patch 1.020 the T4 Titan (Mission Truck) will no longer be invulnerable.

SYN BLACK XS
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Great to know! Can you tell us if theres anything else in the works regarding vehicles & arkfalls?

SYN BLACK XS
05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Block = too scared to deal with it. I only start **** with people who start it with me...find me one post where I instigate anything

Than stop acting like you wear a purse....

....I found one in the same post where you said you dont start shtako. ;) haha

Taaltos
05-15-2013, 11:34 AM
These threads are still going on? xD

Shyloren
05-15-2013, 12:03 PM
So what I've learned so far is not to drink water while driving around arkfalls because it might be poisoned causing you to go mad and hear a voice in your head telling you to get back in the car.

SymbolicGamer
05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Great to know! Can you tell us if theres anything else in the works regarding vehicles & arkfalls?

They've already reduced the amount of damage the vehicles can take. Just because someone else's playstyle conflicts with yours does not mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate. Some people paid $11 for a truck. If I paid $11 for a virtual vehicle, I'd want to bring it everywhere and would be pissed if I wasn't allowed to use it during an arkfall. They've done enough already. If they weaken the vehicles anymore, I'm going to be upset because I like the cars and won't be able to use them offensively anywhere.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
....I found one in the same post where you said you dont start shtako. ;) haha

Sigh...yes in response for him callin me out....look further up. Like I said I know I can go overboard (I admit this) but I dont usually start it..

I mean trolls and such I do...but meh, I have a weird set of rules about forum argueing I guess....my apoligies.

Just to chime in,

In Patch 1.020 the T4 Titan (Mission Truck) will no longer be invulnerable.

Great news, but any info on cars as a whole at Arkfalls??

Blackwolfe
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd say a good suggestion would be to put arkfall debris around the crystal like for the 99er, mutant and raider minor arkfalls.. and some minor hellbug arkfalls as well. That would make driving around with a vehicle much harder.

SymbolicGamer
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Or better yet, just make it so the skitterlings don't have to bite the crystal.

Vehicles aren't the problem.

KeevanSixx
05-15-2013, 01:07 PM
a simpler solution sledge...."friendly fire" for vehicles in the red zone at a "destroy the crystal" arkfall. allows the riders their moment of fun, and allows the shooters their moment of indulgence....win win all around.

Hope499
05-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I'd say a good suggestion would be to put arkfall debris around the crystal like for the 99er, mutant and raider minor arkfalls.. and some minor hellbug arkfalls as well. That would make driving around with a vehicle much harder.

Dont you find there is JUST enough space to drive a tight circle tho? Debris needs to be a BIT closer to crystal...

Hate to admit it, but he is right.

People using detonators are just as bad now im afraid....

i know know more complaining.....but there has to be a way to fix this....

I mean compared to any other Arkfall, this one takes 2-3 times longer because of this...

Blackwolfe
05-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Dont you find there is JUST enough space to drive a tight circle tho? Debris needs to be a BIT closer to crystal...

Sure, they can still drive in a tight circle around the crystal but it still makes it a bit harder to just carelessly drive around killing stuff. I agree though that detonators and especially lolcluster weapons make ruin things alot as well.

Hulkzilla
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
If you want to drive around in a vehicle in circles, you are playing the wrong game.
Comments about "well that's my play style and I should be able to do it." usually pertains to someone who just wants to lessen others enjoyment of the game.
I bet most don't even know why it sucks to do it.

IntenseSpirit
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
They could solve everything by making you pay to repair your car, then everyone would be driving around at 40mph so they don't scratch or ding their new challenger...

Mylo
05-15-2013, 02:34 PM
They could solve everything by making you pay to repair your car, then everyone would be driving around at 40mph so they don't scratch or ding their new challenger...

Ahh.. But that doesn't mitigate quest vehicles ... like the "Diaper Truck"!! (which, btw made me LOL when I saw one at an arkfall last night.) hehe. Diaper Wagon! HA!
I suppose I'd be a bit more miffed if they tallied correctly. but as arkfalls are still broken for scoring, Meh.

Blackwolfe
05-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Making vehicle kills not count for arkfall kills or damage would solve alot of things.

AngryFire
05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
a simpler solution sledge...."friendly fire" for vehicles in the red zone at a "destroy the crystal" arkfall. allows the riders their moment of fun, and allows the shooters their moment of indulgence....win win all around.

After reading and complaining about cartards since launch, i personally think this is probably the best suggestion :)

darky89
05-15-2013, 03:01 PM

I second this. Also, increased cool down time.

Indra Echo
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM

This exactly. Those who are acting all nasty towards people that don't like it are most likely the ones that do it and we all know it's for selfish reasons. They do it to maximize their kill count and so they can easily get scrip and salvage. Obvious is obvious. This is exactly as you say not about teamwork; it's about what's the most I can get the quickest and the stupid thing is you get plenty without doing that crap. I don't do it and I always have plenty of scrip and salvage.

I can have my driving fun away from arkfalls (and it's more of a challenge at times) when I see foes (bugs, raiders and such) and I try to kill them all with my vehicle. I don't need or want to do it at arkfalls-it so takes the fun of it away from everyone. I can't even fathom those who do it thinking it's that much fun and it looks well, idiotic, especially the huge trucks and even the Challengers. It looks very immature.

I agree that the numerous posts regarding this are indicative of something. I've been in a rare few arkfalls where people weren't just driving around killing skitterlings and then in more than I can count where they were, and it goes way faster when the drivers aren't around.

Tal Digi
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM
There's an even simpler solution to the cars at arkfalls problem and that to have them explode a few seconds after entering the arkfall zone just like the one Dark Matter mission in the Bay area of San Francisco does when you drive too close to the base.

Dooks
05-15-2013, 04:06 PM
You don't "need" the skitterlings to kill the crystal, with the number of people at arkfalls it will take what, a whole extra 2 minutes to kill it? My issue is the kill count and the fact that the vehicles get in my way of aiming at schtuff.

I can't believe this thread didn't get locked due to the few earlier who were acting like selfish *****hats.

ISLAND3R
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Does anyone else think your a dumb tool?

Or just everyone you know in real life? Jelly man, dont hate

This guy sent me a private message ranting and raving about how good he looks and how he is going to slap some B@#%H the next time he has a threesome. I told him that's okay with me but he should check with his state laws on animal cruelty first.
I wouldn't want him to go to jail. He can't troll forums there. LMAO!!!!

Assasino
05-15-2013, 05:12 PM
This exactly. Those who are acting all nasty towards people that don't like it are most likely the ones that do it and we all know it's for selfish reasons. They do it to maximize their kill count and so they can easily get scrip and salvage. Obvious is obvious. This is exactly as you say not about teamwork; it's about what's the most I can get the quickest and the stupid thing is you get plenty without doing that crap. I don't do it and I always have plenty of scrip and salvage.

I can have my driving fun away from arkfalls (and it's more of a challenge at times) when I see foes (bugs, raiders and such) and I try to kill them all with my vehicle. I don't need or want to do it at arkfalls-it so takes the fun of it away from everyone. I can't even fathom those who do it thinking it's that much fun and it looks well, idiotic, especially the huge trucks and even the Challengers. It looks very immature.

I agree that the numerous posts regarding this are indicative of something. I've been in a rare few arkfalls where people weren't just driving around killing skitterlings and then in more than I can count where they were, and it goes way faster when the drivers aren't around.

I very much agree. Even more annoying is when taking on an Arkfall by yourself, almost done (or halfway) and they show up, block your view or finish off enemies you were about to but had to reload.
I also like running over enemies away from Arkfalls.
Sometimes Arkfalls get laggy enough as is without also having vehicles all over the place

ShrykeAbysmal
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Sooooo...weight aware metal sensing roadside IEDs in the next update amirite? What say you?!

Indra Echo
05-16-2013, 06:06 AM

Vehicles (players) are the problem to be honest. That doesn't mean they have to weaken any stats for the vehicle when used anywhere other than arkfalls. People are throwing out suggestions because many of the ones already made might cause problems elsewhere. For instance, putting obstacles in bigger hellbug arkfalls like there are in 99er ones-this could in some way affect time trials when an arkfall falls within a time trial area, so the obstacles would have to be fairly close to the crystal. Make vehicles at arkfalls vulnerable as someone suggested and able to be hit by friendly fire sounds really good. But most people wouldn't want that to persist anywhere but at arkfalls. I've suggested that people in vehicles don't get the rewards (scrip, salvage, and end rewards) that those on foot do, but I wouldn't want that to persist anywhere but at arkfalls.

This is how vehicles impact things. I was shooting at the big hellbug maw to get to the next part of the boss and almost had destroyed it. Someone decided to drive right in front of me and blocked my view. At crystal stages there aren't only those that repeatedly drive their cars in circles, there are also those that park their cars right at the crystal. I've been in some that had so many cars in it you could never see the spots the skitterlings bit, if they were ever able to get to the crystal.

I've seen this kind of stuff before in other games and it really does drive (ha ha) other players away. Black Ops 2 is like that-because of player behavior some maps are unplayable and a lot of the game is. This is no different. In Dark Souls, players spammed certain tactics and drove other players away from the game. The attitude always seems to be that if I can do it, so can you, and the game allows it so it's ok. But, it's a really unintended use. I don't think the devs ever thought there would be times where 15 vehicles were just all brainlessly being driven in circles around crystals in order to maximize recovered drops of scrip and salvage.

Indra Echo
05-16-2013, 06:15 AM
You don't "need" the skitterlings to kill the crystal, with the number of people at arkfalls it will take what, a whole extra 2 minutes to kill it? My issue is the kill count and the fact that the vehicles get in my way of aiming at schtuff.

I can't believe this thread didn't get locked due to the few earlier who were acting like selfish *****hats.

Right, no you don't need them for that but they do help make it go faster. I have a pistol that I've been using lately in order to bump up my ranking with it. I get something like a 74 without a skitterling bite. With that bite, I get over 1000 when I hit the bit area.

And I agree much of it is that they block your view but also much of it is it's harder to see things and quite often they get credited with the kill of some bigger bug after others have been weakening them. The effect of this is that people don't see this as fun anymore because they don't get credit for a lot of stuff. It's selfish and potentially game killing. Some people just love to go to arkfalls because they can easily try a variety of weapons at them. I do that myself. They also try out different ego powers and perks, and drivers don't revive anyone. I've even had some in cars sit on top of others I almost couldn't see needed reviving.

Denverdood
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
I agree. Have the truck vanish like when you phase in a car with someone. Have the truck phase out and make these noobs have to pull a trigger to make a kill. Tried to do several ark falls yesterday and the same two noobs just keep driving in circles killing skitter lings. The selfish noobs were also pushing my kills out of the way and shoving boss's to the edge of the ark fall area. Making it ricochet back to another spot on the map. This really makes my play time enjoyable...not.

Flipzombie
05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
yes as did i good sir..::falls down::

Giotto
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Hey. Even if cars could not enter arkfalls. There are still morons who shoot skitterlings anyway. Its a Lose/Lose situation.

People should be made to take a yearly IQ test. If they fall below average even once. They should all be put into a huge room and gassed. Bury them in a mass grave and be done with them.

Azumi RM
05-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes the truck is annoying and the drivers at arkfall and the people who shoot all the skitterlings.
What is even more annoying though is the people using area of effect weapons continually at the "Destroy the crystal" arkfalls. The weapons that shake everybody's screen and kill skitterlings. Not only are they making it take longer by killing the skitterlings but also, when you eventually do get a weak spot, they throw everyone's aim off and even less damage is done.. making it take even longer.

AngryFire
05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes the truck is annoying and the drivers at arkfall and the people who shoot all the skitterlings.
What is even more annoying though is the people using area of effect weapons continually at the "Destroy the crystal" arkfalls. The weapons that shake everybody's screen and kill skitterlings. Not only are they making it take longer by killing the skitterlings but also, when you eventually do get a weak spot, they throw everyone's aim off and even less damage is done.. making it take even longer.

Anymore the AOE weps are more of an annoyance than the c-a-r-t-a-r-d-s for me too... especially at AF's up north.

Bill scant
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM

....................................... ^^^ Best post so far ^^^............................................... .......

Amaron53
05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
I agree with this to an extent, a car can be helpful if there are just a few people at an ark fall it takes forever to grind a crystal down while fighting a monarch and worriors and pods so one or two cars can be helpfull in thinning out the herd of man eating bugs but when there are 25-30 people at an ark fall and things are going smoothly and then some idiot comes in and kills all the skitterlings it slows to a stand still and u just have to start shooting the crystal head on takes entirely to long.

They look like complet rejects from nascar just bumper circleing a rock? just like hacking call of duty no point other than they have nothing better to do than troll.

Amaron53
05-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Dosent the crystal get stronger just like enimies do when more people show up???

Khel
05-20-2013, 11:17 PM

That would be cool, SWTOR is the better game.. yes even SWTOR...

Bored Peon
05-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Step back and take a look at the big picture.

You find people driving cars at arkfalls annoying. Players driving around in circles at arkfalls show no game etiquette towards other players.

For every ONE car being annoying at an arkfall at least one player comes to forums to complain.

Complaining is ok, if posted in an existing thread. This is called forum etiquette.

So you break etiquette in order to complain about someone else breaking etiquette.

Fakinell
05-21-2013, 01:18 AM

I call shotgun!!!

Wash
05-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Turn off mob collision detection for vehicles when they're in the red Arkfall circle.

Stops people running over Skitterlings, stops people jamming their cars into mobs accidentally during time trials.

Everyone wins.

Defenze
05-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Step back and take a look at the big picture.

You find people driving cars at arkfalls annoying. Players driving around in circles at arkfalls show no game etiquette towards other players.

For every ONE car being annoying at an arkfall at least one player comes to forums to complain.

Complaining is ok, if posted in an existing thread. This is called forum etiquette.

So you break etiquette in order to complain about someone else breaking etiquette.

Ok I would like to complain about the complaints being made over the complaints etiquette. Complaints over the complaints made in this thread should be complaints only in the form of a formal complaint. Futhermore...............wait........WTF!

Blackwolfe
05-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Turn off mob collision detection for vehicles when they're in the red Arkfall circle.

Stops people running over Skitterlings, stops people jamming their cars into mobs accidentally during time trials.

Everyone wins.

That's actually a pretty good solution. There have been several good solutions. I hope what the devs do will be one of them.

Don Nawetta
05-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Just enable friendly fire in an arkfall. Problem solved :D

Sc10n
05-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Or just let people play how they want to play?

Some people like vehicles... big deal

thunderwolf
05-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Under pursuits vehicles Cerberus license RUN OVER 50 ENEMIES WITH CERBERUS... sorry they want you to kill with your vehicles so ***** at them not at the player for playing the game as they wanted.

Yes i know this is in a co op map dos not matter it is as they wanted but don't worry if things keep going as is there will be no game to even play after it closes..

Blackwolfe
05-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Or just let people play how they want to play?

Some people like vehicles... big deal

It is a big deal when one person in a vehicle can ruin alot of other peoples fun. It's not a bloody singleplayer game.

Chilmeister
05-21-2013, 05:43 AM
Under pursuits vehicles Cerberus license RUN OVER 50 ENEMIES WITH CERBERUS... sorry they want you to kill with your vehicles so ***** at them not at the player for playing the game as they wanted.

Yes i know this is in a co op map dos not matter it is as they wanted but don't worry if things keep going as is there will be no game to even play after it closes..

You answered your own thing really, the cerebus pursuit is like you say in a four player co op only and the pursuit goes to all the players in the Cerebus at that time not just to one selfish prat driving at an Arkfall.

Please check the pursuits before you use them as an argument for the use of cars at Arkfalls then you dont just look like another sefish idiot :p

Blackwolfe
05-21-2013, 08:24 AM
I think he ment the roller pursuit, but there are plenty of enemies around for that. It's easy to get even without using a vehicle at arkfalls. Heck even for arkfall kills it's not as good as playing smart on foot. Just make sure to move ahead of the zerg. I sometimes solo one or two crystals and easily end on top of the scorelist both for kills and damage this way.

Das Muffinatur
07-01-2013, 08:38 PM
It's entertaining to dominate with a Challenger, but it is undeniable fun to drive around like an idiot in a T4 Titan.
If only we could buy them and own them ourselves...