PDA

View Full Version : defiance could use PVE for more than 4 players

AmnesiaHaze
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
today we were playing with two squads at the same time on the map doing arkfalls and street missions and i realized its really hard to play like that currently , it was kinda challenging to stay together because we were split by phase shifts and limited radar range many times

it would be really great if the game would offer some coop mode for more than 4 players , even if it would be just a simple arena with randomized infinite waves of enemies , but it would be something that could bring the clan together to have some PVE fun in large groups

let me know what you think

Schwa
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
We need co-op for 4 players that's legitimately a co-op challenge. When they show us they can pull that off, then we can worry about larger co-op challenges.

Arsenic_Touch
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
They need to work on getting content to be worth 4 people in one group before they begin worrying about more.
Which starts with fixing the chat and shard phasing so the game actually looks and feels like an mmo. Then they need to work on the missions and side missions and promote group play because this game is pretty much just single player.

Myst
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I think we also need some enemies that are strong inherently and not ones that will just keep scaling on the number of people there. While that is good they should also pose a serious threat like Elite 99ers or Elite Goldrushers at least in terms of how fast their shields recharge.

Yenah
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Scaling bothers me, something about enemies taking more shots to kill just because there are more people around.. rubs me wrong.
I'd prefer the numbers of enemies increase, instead of the hp of the enemies increase, when more players are nearby.

Arsenic_Touch
05-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Scaling bothers me, something about enemies taking more shots to kill just because there are more people around.. rubs me wrong.
I'd prefer the numbers of enemies increase, instead of the hp of the enemies increase, when more players are nearby.

It's lazy programming. Making them bullet sponges and ramping their accuracy up to max gives an illusion of difficulty while leaving them about as tactical as a pet rock.

Schwa
05-10-2013, 08:59 PM

I gaze into my crystal ball and see "Console limitations."

Myst
05-10-2013, 09:03 PM

Put your ball(s) away.

Shadow Viper
05-10-2013, 09:29 PM
The PVE situation is fine, the Co-Op instances are fun(when they work correctly that is).

What Trion needs to do right now is focus on fixing the many major bugs/glitches that are plaguing this otherwise great game and making it unplayable and unenjoyable for many people.

hardy83
05-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I'd personally rather they not focus on "instanced" PvE too much. This game is great for it's open world stuff like Ark Falls, jumping into areas to hold complete an area quests (fix the tagging system please, specifically for contracts).

But if they had to, I don't want to see raids, cause if you see raids, people will scream for drops that are better than everything else.

If anything, I guess....8-man co-ops? Sure why not, but just have the main focus of the game be the open world stuff. In fact I think they need to push Shadow Wars more. Specifically having the "join Shadow Wars" button queue for all areas so they start faster.

Schwa
05-10-2013, 09:41 PM
I'd personally rather they not focus on "instanced" PvE too much. This game is great for it's open world stuff like Ark Falls, jumping into areas to hold complete an area quests (fix the tagging system please, specifically for contracts).

But if they had to, I don't want to see raids, cause if you see raids, people will scream for drops that are better than everything else.

If anything, I guess....8-man co-ops? Sure why not, but just have the main focus of the game be the open world stuff. In fact I think they need to push Shadow Wars more. Specifically having the "join Shadow Wars" button queue for all areas so they start faster.

I agree for the most part. Defiance doesn't seem like it would work so well with raids-- but that doesn't mean the instanced content that already exists isn't too lame-brained. I want to see more open-world co-op content, and I'd like to see the existing co-op content moved up from dumb-as-toast single-player difficulty.

Miserere
05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Stop playing with your ball, Schwa!

Also, I agree. The Co-Ops IMHO are way too easy. They don't have to put in the holy triad but a little more challenge is greatly appreciated. Maybe even inside a hard mode?

Schwa
05-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Also, I agree. The Co-Ops IMHO are way too easy. They don't have to put in the holy triad but a little more challenge is greatly appreciated. Maybe even inside a hard mode?

Rather than tank/dps/healer I'd be content with "shoot the sniper, I'm pinned" and "you distract him, I'll flank."

Miserere
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Rather than tank/dps/healer I'd be content with "shoot the sniper, I'm pinned" and "you distract him, I'll flank."

Exactly. A Co-Op that actually feels, well...Co-Op.

Yenah
05-10-2013, 09:47 PM
True, all to often I find myself walking forward spraying enemies down with my LMG, not taking cover, and not really needing to, at all

Scubu
05-10-2013, 10:06 PM

What the hell kind of thread is this?!?

Myst
05-10-2013, 10:10 PM
What the hell kind of thread is this?!?

LMAO! XD

/10chariasma!

AmnesiaHaze
05-10-2013, 11:10 PM

but its hard to play the open world too when the groups are limited to four with more players, because of phase changes and limited radar range for non group members you often lose your teammates

AmnesiaHaze
05-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Exactly. A Co-Op that actually feels, well...Co-Op.

can you define what makes a good co-op for you ?

BLITZKRI3G
05-12-2013, 02:29 PM
8 people max no more than that(for console)