PDA

View Full Version : Mouse steering for vehicles

Valhakar
05-10-2013, 11:29 PM
My wife is a later in life gamer. She didn't even play a shooter or MMO until she was in her late 30s. The inability to change the customization to allow vehicles to be steered with mouse look is a real pitfall for her. PLEASE add this customization.

Grentana
05-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Want this too.

Tilandra
05-11-2013, 03:45 AM
As an over-40 female gamer, I am susceptible to vertigo... a really nasty form of vertigo where my vision can start to spin... when there's a disconnect between my vision and my movements. The vehicles in this game, as they are, can trigger my vertigo. Add me to the list of players who would like mouse-controlled vehicles.

LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) has a nice system where right-click and hold will control the direction of the mounts. I wish we had that for the vehicles in Defiance.

(There is a Suggestions forum. You might want to post this there, as well, or ask a mod to move this thread.)

KingMike
05-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Been requested since early days in alpha :(

Sure hope it will be available someday though :rolleyes:

-M

Inde
05-11-2013, 11:13 AM
I would have loved this, but managed to work around it by moving the mouse in the direction I incrementally tapped the A and D keys. This made it appear like I was driving with my mouse. It might also help to bind the W key to your RMB, and accelerate (boost) to your LMB for better control. Or at least the illusion of it.

Corun
05-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Been requested since early days in alpha :(

Sure hope it will be available someday though :rolleyes:

-M

No doubt on that. I myself kept giving feedback on this during testing as well as others but Trion is pretty well known at this point for claiming to listen to the gamers but has yet to do anything the gamers have asked for.

Myria
05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Why they didn't map steering to the mouse is one of those mysteries like why there's no PTT, with this game the world will quite likely never know what 'logic' was involved in so many design decisions. At this point, however, your best bet is probably to get a controller to use just for doing the vehicle stuff. The Xbox 360 controller works great if you get a PC receiver for it, support for it is built into the game. Or there are any number of other options.

You can, of course, use the controller entirely and skip the mouse/keyboard. Works well enough, but personally I prefer having the added mouse/keyboard accuracy for shooting and just use the keyboard for races or long drives.

Yars Revenge
05-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Why they didn't map steering to the mouse is one of those mysteries like why there's no PTT, with this game the world will quite likely never know what 'logic' was involved in so many design decisions. At this point, however, your best bet is probably to get a controller to use just for doing the vehicle stuff. The Xbox 360 controller works great if you get a PC receiver for it, support for it is built into the game. Or there are any number of other options.

You can, of course, use the controller entirely and skip the mouse/keyboard. Works well enough, but personally I prefer having the added mouse/keyboard accuracy for shooting and just use the keyboard for races or long drives.

If you pick up a corded X Box 360 controller, there is no need for a PC receiver. Windows will recognize it immediately and allow you to play. That's an actual corded one, not a wireless one with the USB charger plugged into it. You can pick these up on E-bay very cheap.